SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariapia_gw

National Home Gardening Club

mariapia
16 years ago

I joined National Home Gardening Club in 2006: big mistake. This club is a scam.

First I got the invitation to join the club on Âtrial" but then I received the invoice to pay membership for two years and without giving any chance to test the "club.

Then I started to receive unsolicited books: I had to buy the first two because I was out of town and by the time I was back the "deadline " to send the books back was passed. In the meanwhile I sent them several letters asking for not sending me books anymore.

They took 8 months to answer me back that they were considering my requirement to quit shipping booksÂ.In the meanwhile I received another one (30$ value), which I returned to sender. As there is not prepaid mail return due I had to pay for the postal service: almost 20$ to return something I had never asked for! Basically NHGC put you in the position of being forced to buy the books as returning them cost more than buying.

Anyway, try guess? Since February I keep receiving notices that I have to pay for the book. Again I sent letters stating that the book was returned: I have never got any reply from them, except notices asking to pay for the debt, and threatening to resort to collection agency. I tried also to call their number (member services:1-800-324-8454). Every time "all the lines are experiencing heavy traffic of calls, so please call again the day afterÂ."

I am going to call the Better Business Bureau.

I see in this forum that a lot of other people have experienced the same problem: How have you dealt with NHGH? Your input is appreciated.

Comments (3)

Sponsored