SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

Commercial seed swap 3

This is were we should all post from now on. I have a 1st Birthday party to attend and will put some thought into actor/actresses names and will assign players a name in the am.

Lisa

Comments (100)

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

What I get for skimming: I read that it was kept indoors ,but that was just for the winter. I do have a warm sunroom with two large skylights. My only concern is that it may get too big for any pot. Alana, what's your experience?

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

Oh, and I do still want the seeds--would be a big deal to me to see if I can grow such an incredible thing.

• Related Discussions

2013 commercial seed swap

Q

Comments (2)
    If it isn't too late, I would love to participate. Do I just send you the seeds? I am very, very new to this... and I would love zinnias, marigolds, and cosmos. *wink*
    ...See More

3rd Annual Ozark Seed Swap and new Arkansas Seed Swaps

Q

Comments (2)
    These are also available at the Friends of the Garden Calendar and include maps to event locations. Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Swap Event Details with Map and Directions.
    ...See More

2013 commercial seed swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Hi Lisa, I will take some vegies but since I am gardening in raised garden boxes, I can't use corn, squash, and large watermelon that take large areas., But if they are bush v vegies, beans, etc. that would be ok. Thanks Lisa, Ellie
    ...See More

2014 commercial seed swap 2

Q

Comments (82)
    Wheel of fortune style.....take your spin once a day! i _ / i / h _ d / _ / _ _ o _ _ _ / _ o_ / _ _ _ _ _ / t i_ _ / i/ t h o _ _ ht / o_ / _ o _ / i / c o _ _ d / _ _ _ _ / th _ o _ _ h/ _ _ / _ _ _ d _ _ / _ o _ _ _ _ _. Annie and Jaynine, I'll keep my on the mailbox. Cghpnd, Your welcome, It's fun for the most part. I'm not going to make this a big issue and I will not post here about it again BUT.......... I had to ask a player to leave the swap for dishonest trading (using collected seeds). If you have ever gotten seeds in the swap, grew them out and they were not what color/name you thought they would be. I'm so Sorry!. Leann, I got your seeds in yesterdays mail. Did you make a list of what you sent off to me? If so, please email me the list.
    ...See More
  • poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

I sent the giant one, lovesblooms. You can start with a smaller pot, but if you want to maintain it indoors you will have to graduate to a very large pot as it matures.
    If you don't have a pond to summer it in, you can use a pot without drainage that you can provide a muddy substrate in. Even in a pot, expect it to get 6 feet tall. In a pond 8-10 feet is reasonable, even in zone 7. One way around the eventual size of the clump could be dividing the spreading rhizomes once it is established to keep it inbounds.

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

Okay, thanks so much--sounds like a pretty shareable plant from what I've read so far, too. Fun!

• jas_il
    10 years ago

I would like Cyperus papyrus if you still have. Thanks

lovesbloom, I have umbrella palm and they did good indoors. I have them from few years.

This post was edited by jas_il on Mon, Mar 3, 14 at 13:14

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

If you have not sent my envie out....If you have some Cyperus papyrus, I would love.....in a large pot with out drainage, that might be cool!

Happy Monday!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, it looks to me like cyperus is a special plant! I should have looked it up before posting BUT I was on my way to bring my Mom to see my Dad at the hospital and they were sitting there begging for a home...lol

Maybe I should do a drawing for the seeds? what do you guys think?

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I mailed seeds out to the following late afternoon yesterday.

Naturegirl

Jas-il

nightowls

panhandle

cghpnd

lean

I have delivery confirmations if needed.

I'll be mailing more envies this morning. I'll probably go in a few times throughout the day today.

The guy at the post office is an a$$. I went in with just 6 envies, he asked "are those the ones to weigh and then put change in before you seal". I told him yes, that it was only once a year and I would do 6/7 at a time. He told me he wanted me to go to another line and called for help!!!!!

Last call for melons and squash,dill and lavender.

• Pmb2005
    10 years ago

Hi folks and hi Lisa, I'm new, so please forgive me for being dense. What melons, squash, dill and lavender are you last calling for? I must have missed something in the thread.

Promise

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Promise,

I have been posting things to be added as extras, if you are interested in anything, you would post here.

I have most of the bags ready to go BUT I would be more than happy to send you 1/2 of anything I kept for myself. I NEVER PLANT A BUNCH!

Email me a list of things you might be interested in, flowers or veggies and I will see what I can do.

Lisa

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

Lisa, you've done such a great job with this swap. Thank you for all your hard work. I'll email you as soon as I get my package. Thanks again!

• naturegirl_2007 5B SW Michigan
    10 years ago

I thought this swap would bring me seeds as spring arrived. Nope, not this year: we are still buried in the white stuff and having very cold days. A package with seeds will be even more welcome than usual this year! Maybe it will loosen the hold of Old Man Winter. I'll be sure to let you know when it arrives. Thanks so much for hosting this swap!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have mailed all but 2 packages!

I had my oldest help me out on her lunch break....lol

I will mail the last 2 in the morning.

I had a cute little note with flowers on them that I printed out BUT I forgot to add them into the envelopes! I'm sorry, there isn't anything in the envies to even say they are from me.

Lisa

• fresc1000
    10 years ago

I received my package today and I LOVE everything!! Thank you so much for all your hard work. As an added bonus, my stamps didn't cancel so it traveled free for me. :)

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Rec'd my package today as well, thank you to everyone and Lisa! =)

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

I got some very lovely seeds today. Thank you Lisa! As always, you did a great job of choosing seeds for me.
    I'm going to spend some time this evening going through them more slowly and selecting some to sow this weekend.

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Received seeds today> Many many thanks.
    Planting some ( winter sow) tomorrow.

• sjc48
    10 years ago

I got my seeds today! What a great selection! Lisa, GREAT JOB!! And thank you for the extras! I crossed marigolds, nasturciums and herbs off the "to buy" list. I really enjoy this swap! And many thanks, Lisa, for hosting it every year; I can't imagine the work that goes into it!
    And many thanks to all who contributed seeds!
    Thank you, Thank you!
    Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 21:29

• lunar_owl
    10 years ago

Got my seeds; thank you ^.^

Now, is anyone willing to swap some free time so I can get my garden bed ready? :D I really need longer days.

• fresc1000
    10 years ago

Noghtowl, I will swap you time for warm weather! We still have 3ft of snow on the ground :(

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Lisa, gone for a few days.... but found out my seeds arrived yesterday. I will be home tonight....looking forward to opening my package full of surprises. Thanks so much!!!

Annie

• crystalline_ca
    10 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday. Thank you Lisa for the wonderful assortment of seeds and all your efforts in this swap! I am very happy with the selections I received.
    Thanks to all who share the seeds!

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

All my wonderful seeds arrived today. Thank you, Lisa!

• roper2008
    10 years ago

Got mine too. Thanks so much Lisa for hosting
    this swap.. I've got to look up these petunia seeds.
    I've got 2 varieties going right now.

• jaynine
    10 years ago

Mine came yesterday and a bunch of them got planted today. What a great selection I received...I'm very happy with the seeds you chose for me, Lisa. Many thanks to you and to everyone for sending such wonderful varieties. Have a nice weekend all!

• billingsdj
    10 years ago

Thank you Lisa and everyone who participated!

• naturegirl_2007 5B SW Michigan
    10 years ago

Thanks Lisa and all the swappers, especially those who helped with seeds from my want list. My package arrived late yesterday and I tried to take a quick look at all the great seeds while I ate supper. Later I looked them over closely with the computer nearby to help me out with ones I didn't know. I found out Lisa put seeds in my envelope for some great plants than I didn't even know existed. Thanks for expanding my flower knowledge! I look forward to growing this season and thinking of all the gardeners who shared seeds. Thanks everyone!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good Morning All,

I'm happy to see that some packages have made it home.

Aside from Shirley, I'm not seeing people posting about all the extras they received. I had 3 players donate commercial seeds this year and would like them to know that they made it to other players. In light of the cheating that went on this year, I want them to know they went to players and didn't pad my stash!!

Naturegirl sent in 150 packets of seeds and only got back around 85. She donated the rest!

Jaynine, donated 20/25 packets.

Sjc, sent in 7 extra veggie packets.

I don't care for my donated seed, it's part of being a good hostess BUT I do think that Jaynine, Nauturegirl and Sjc should be recognized for their donation to the swap.

So ladies, here's a big shout out of a THANK YOU FOR THE EXTRAS! most players got at least 5/6 extras, some as many as 20!

I added extras based on the postage amount they enclosed AND what I thought might be planted. I added in around $7 postage so everyone could get some extra seed to try out.

pmb- your seeds are on the way
    lovesblooms-yours are too.

I'll continue to check back until I see that everyone has gotten their packages.

Happy Growing!

Lisa

Alana, I know I told you your stamps didn't cancel but when I went to mail your package I was told that the stamps on the envy were only .49. There were 2 that I thought were $1 and then a regular looking stamp. The guy at the desk said they were only .49 each. I guess your package came to me for under 1.50. Anyway, I added what he said was needed and returned the rest to you.

Crystalline, your package traveled to me for free but I had to use some of your stamps because your package was heavier going home.

Jaynine, I found the missing stamps, they were in the envelope you sent them in, on my visor right were I left them!

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Yes indeed, thanks to those that sent extras! I have already sown at least half of the seeds I received and will do a few more before I finish for the season.

Lisa, the stamps weren't canceled on the return trip either.

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Alana, I thought I was done for the season too, until I got my package. Most of mine were annuals, but I was able to do 6 more WS jugs this morning with seeds from this swap. I got more Lantana seeds and they are soaking as we speak! I'm planning on sowing Baby's Breath, from this swap, and Dahlberg Daisies inside on the heat mats today too.

AND!! The Begonias and Lantana sprouts are doing very well from their potting up last weekend! I'm going to have enough Begonias to do at least 8 hanging baskets! I am thrilled!

Lisa, many thanks again for a great swap!
    Shirley!

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Oh my...I just opened my package of greatness. What a selection!!!! Thanks to everyone for their generosity. Lots of extra suff in my envelope! Nature, Shirley and Janine, thanks for sending in extras galore to share with all of us! And Lisa thanks for putting in your extras....very much appreciated.

Lisa, fantastic commercial swap! You do a wonderful job!
    Many Thanks!

Everyone enjoy your seeds. Happy planting...Happy gardening!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Jasmine,

I just checked on your package, it arrived at your p.o. today at 12.19....9114901123086023576130. Hopefully, you will get it Monday morning.

Lisa

• jas_il
    10 years ago

Thanks Lisa,
    It looks it would be delivered on Monday.

• roper2008
    10 years ago

I did receive the extra seeds in a separate baggie, and
    I have started one so far, as soon as I find some more
    seed flats I will start more. Should be today. Thank you
    naturegirl, sjc, and jaynine for the extra seeds I believe
    this will be my biggest flower garden to date if everything
    goes well. Thanks everyone for making this possible.

Linda

• jaynine
    10 years ago

Yes, thank you for the extra veggie/melon seeds. I received quite a few interesting varieties and can't wait to start them!
    Soon we'll all be walking around our gardens~wearing shorts and flip flops, cursing weeds and wondering what we're going to do with all that zucchini.
    Bring it on.

• crystalline_ca
    10 years ago

I did receive extra veggie/melon seeds as well. Thank you Naturegirl, Jaynine & Sjc for the extras!

Lisa, I did notice the envelope was heavy when I received it and guessed that they must have contain the beans/peas which I love to have. Thanks again for hosting!

• atravers
    10 years ago

Hi Lisa,
    I got my package last week but have been away and didn't get the chance to thank you for another fine run his year! Love all the excellent varieties and extras too. Many many thanks to everyone for their generosity and especially you Lisa with all your work and attention to detail. Can't wait to get started this week!!!
    Ann

• Pmb2005
    10 years ago

Thank you so much Lisa. I received my seeds today and it was better than I imagined! The seeds are great I can't wait to germinate them. Also thank you to everyone involved. Happy Spring Folks!

• leeann
    10 years ago

Just seeing these new threads Lisa, have been relying on email and never saw your replies until today :-0. Apologies for no seed list, bad newbie mistake!

In one msg 'lean' was listed as seeds sent...was that supposed to be Leeann? Hubbs checked the P.O. box last Friday but nothing then. Can have him check again tomorrow if so. Thanks so much for the replies and hard work!
    Had to inside garden early, so we have a pretty bunch of veggie & flower seedlings coming up :D

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello, I'm happy to see seeds making it home :>

I have not seen postings from Gardenerz, jas_il, zoemom, MCC, Cghpnd, billings and claylady. They have been delivered.

Leann, this is the info on your package. I copied it from the usps website. It says it was delivered.

USPS Trackingâ¢
    Tracking Number: 9114901123086023576116

delivered

Expected Delivery Day: Thursday, March 6, 2014

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:
    First-Class Package Service

Features:

USPS Trackingâ¢

Date & Time

Status of Item

March 6, 2014 , 5:46 pm

Delivered .
    LITTLE ROCK, AR 72202

March 6, 2014 , 10:31 am
    Available for Pickup .
    LITTLE ROCK, AR 72202

March 6, 2014 , 10:28 am
    Arrival at Post Office .
    LITTLE ROCK, AR 72202

March 5, 2014 , 9:34 pm
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility .
    LITTLE ROCK, AR 72206

March 3, 2014
    Depart USPS Sort Facility .
    BOSTON, MA 02205

March 3, 2014 , 9:50 pm
    Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility .
    BOSTON, MA 02205

March 3, 2014 , 6:20 pm
    Dispatched to Sort Facility .
    TEWKSBURY, MA 01876

March 3, 2014 , 4:14 pm
    Acceptance .
    TEWKSBURY, MA 01876

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Lisa,

Thank you for all your hard work on on this swap. I am hopeful that my seeds will arrive today :) Do you have the tracking number by chance? Thanks!

Jessica

• billingsdj
    10 years ago

Thanks everybody! I got my seeds last week, and am sooo thrilled, and thanks for the extras too!!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Jessica,

I just looked up the package, I don't know what the issue is!!
    users.

Tracking Number: 9114901123086023576994

in-transit

Expected Delivery Day: Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:
    First-Class Package Service

Features:

USPS Trackingâ¢

Date & Time

Status of Item

March 11, 2014 , 8:43 am

Sorting Complete .
    HUTCHINSON, MN 55350

March 11, 2014 , 8:00 am
    Arrival at Post Office .
    HUTCHINSON, MN 55350

March 10, 2014
    MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55401

March 10, 2014 , 5:03 pm
    MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55401

March 9, 2014 , 2:40 pm
    SAINT PAUL, MN 55121

March 8, 2014
    SAINT PAUL, MN 55121

March 8, 2014 , 1:31 pm
    SAINT PAUL, MN 55121

March 5, 2014
    BOSTON, MA 02205

March 4, 2014 , 9:24 pm
    Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility .
    BOSTON, MA 02205

March 4, 2014 , 6:06 pm
    Dispatched to Sort Facility .
    TEWKSBURY, MA 01876

March 4, 2014 , 1:51 pm
    Acceptance .
    TEWKSBURY, MA 01876

• jas_il
    10 years ago

Got my seeds and extras. Thanks everyone for sending extras. Thanks

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Hi Lisa,

Postman just delivered the seeds to my house. If only I could have had a few more hours of patience :) Thank you! I am excited to look through all of my goodies once I get home.

Jessica

• leeann
    10 years ago

Just want to say Thank You, ladies! My husband brought home my pack last night as I returned home with seed starter trays and sunlight flouresent bulbs to a busted garage door and a water leak.

I haven't opened my gift of seeds, because it will be a special event later today. Sore head-to-toe after 2week bedroom redo, yet gratefully anticipating this delightful reward.

Thank you so much for my new baby seeds!

• leeann
    10 years ago

Overcome with gratitude today...holding my dream cottage garden in the palms of my hands. Truly an answered prayer.

Thank you so much Lisa, fellow swappers. Abundant blessings

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Greatly appreciate all my new seed packets. Especially excited for several cucumber varieties as that was the only vegetable that I did not have enough for this summer's garden! Now I need to spend some serious time figuring out what to plan and envisioning the layout of my next garden. So many seeds :) ... so little space :(

• lovesblooms
    10 years ago

I got my package today--very happy with what I received, with extras aplenty! Thank you for working so hard to make this swap fun and fruitful, Sandy--and thanks to all the generous seed senders.

• cghpnd
    10 years ago

Well I finally made it home yesterday. Sure missed it.

Anywhoo I opened my package and I am very very happy.
    I received the package last week but unfortunately had an emergency to attend to.
    thank you Lisa for putting together such a wonderful and organized swap. I appreciate the time and effort.
    Now hopefully no more snow!

Have a great day everyone.
    Thank you to everyone. I love Everything I received. I'm so excited to get them started.