SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemary1108

Stay away from Gurneys, Brecks and Springhill Nursery

rosemary1108
16 years ago

OK.. get ready for this one. I purchased over $860 worth of plants, flowers and bulbs from each of these online websites in the last year alone! I thought they were wonderful! The plants were growing nicely.

Now, this year comes up - man oh man what a different story! I purchased 3 rosebushes from Springhill Nursery - 2 last year, 1 this year - last year, the two were doing fine.. this year they won't come back - deader than dead. I ordered a new one this was before I realized the other two were not coming back - and within 2 weeks - the new one is deader than dead. I also purchased cascadia petunias - blue spark and choice - the choice ones are doing fine, all of the blue spark died. When I called Springhill to ask for their "guarantee" to replace the items, I was told my account was turned over to a collection agency and I couldn't get my returns!! I called Springhill and the accounting department confirmed that there was an error - all of my purchases were clear! (like I already knew that) He appologized for it, then when he asked me what I needed, he confirmed to me that he released the item for priority shipment that I was waiting on, then when he went to order the replacement for the petunias and rosebushes, he told me that I had too many returns therefore, he couldn't help me. OK.. now I've never had a return - I should have stated about all of the ground cover that was designed for "hard to grow" areas -never came back either - but I wasn't too concerned about those - i just wanted my current items shipped and replaced! I get put on hold for the billing manager - she stated your account is clear I'm noting it in the comments section, however, I cant release your items.. customer service will call you tomorrow and release them for you. SOOOOOOOOO I talked with customer service today, and their response - oh it seems there was an $8.72 order that was placed last year, on a "bill me" basis (ummm.. they don't have that option online - that's the only way I've ever purchased items) and that is the reason that my order can not be released. I told her to bill my credit card for the stupid $8.72 and release and resend my orders to me today! She confirms the payment, THEN tells me she billed it to the wrong person! NOW - they want me to call a collection agency and pay the $8.72 that they just billed to my credit card for someone else - then call them back to release and replace my order.

WHAT A MESS! They have NO IDEA what they are doing! When I asked to speak with a manager - MULTIPLE TIMES - I was told No!!!! I have only one thing to say - STAY AWAY FROM THESE COMPANIES! They have screwed this up ROYALLY!

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath