SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

NEW: Petal Pushers: Lucky Lepurcons March Swap

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

Hello Fellow Petal Pushers.

The March Lucky Lepurcons swap will honor of St. Patty's Day. Think GREEN and GOLD and all the colors of the RAINBOW!

This month will we include ANYTHING in colors of GREEN, GOLD, OR ANY COLOR OF THE RAINBOW!

1. Please include a gardening item for your partner in any of Green, Gold or ANY Rainbow color.

2. You may share bulbs, corms, rhizomes.

3. Since it is still too cold for plants for some of us please share at least 5 packs of seeds for your partner, either new or opened equal to 5 unopened packs. Please make sure you check your partners want page.

4. If you are new to the groups PLEASE be sure you mail out your page first to your partner and PLEASE be sure to get a Delivery Conformation # and POST IT ON THE THREAD to let us and your partner know it is on its way.

5. Include something related to St. PattyÂs Day to honor this monthÂs theme. THIS can be anything from beads, to buttons, to a flower that blooms GREEN or GOLD BUT this MUST be something related to St. PattyÂs Day and traditional GREEN AND GOLDEN ST. PatrickÂs Day Themed.

You may share with your partner whatever you would like them to have but please make sure any items from the list of #2 and any seeds are something your partner will want check their wants list, along with at least 1 gardening related item. THIS can be gloves, a trowel, a spade ANYTHING garden related.

Sign-ups will be until MARCH 5th and Partners will be assigned by MARCH 6th and you package must be MAILED BY MARCH 17th St. PatrickÂs Day!

Alright then LET THE FUN BEGIN!!! COME JOIN US IN THE FUN ON THIS Luck Âo the Irish Celebration!

:) Fran (your March Hostess)

Comments (72)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wendy, sorry I missed answering your question. We are moving now..moved some stuff over there today. Stuff we have packed up and don't really use.

I just found out the road I will be living on has no MAIL DELIEVERY! OMG WHAT AM I GONNA DO??? (boohooohooohoooing, whine, whine, whine, whining now can bet there will be a lot of this!) If I can't get it straight with the post office I guess I will not be trading much anymore.
    They said it is up to the carrier of that route IF they WANT to deliever there! WHAT? Give me a break, isn't this supposed to be for their CUSTOMERS who USE their services?

:( Fran

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

That's just crazy Fran! Surely you can go complain to the local postmaster or SOMETHING.. if nothing else they should at least provide you with a FREEEEEEEE p.o. box, they can't refuse to deliver mail, right?

Hiya faintheart :) Welcome back! I seem to remember your id...lol

Hugs,
    Wendy

• Related Discussions

NEW: Petal Pushers Valentine Swap 09

Q

Comments (150)
    Susie I'm going to guess......Bearded Iris! LOL and of course CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WIN! Yes, I'm getting excited about ordering our iris. We are going to be digging like gophers when all these plants come in. I checked back at the USPS track and confirm and this is what it says for Vic's box: Label/Receipt Number: 0307 0020 0000 3240 1374 Status: Notice Left We attempted to deliver your item at 4:06 PM on February 27, 2009 in BILLINGS, MT 59106 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. I'm sorry I was the last one to send out, and I hope she likes what I've sent. I also sent out the goodie bags in large bubble envies so maybe Lisa and Susie will get them today. Oh yes, Fran your bracelet was mailed out the same day along with the Margaret's Magazines. In a few weeks I'm going to be working day shift from 9-5 with week-ends off for a while. The day manager is due to deliver her baby on March 30th, and she says she is working up to her delivery date. LOL.... we'll see. I told them no, but they kept asking me to do it. To be honest I don't know how people get everything done that needs to be done with only 2 days off. I like my long stretch off work every other week, and I've been a nite owl for so many years this will be an adjustment for me. It is not like I sleep in late when I'm off. I just might not comb my hair til noon. :O):O):O) Vic, I'm sorry I was slow getting your package out. LIFE IS GOOD, Annie
    ...See More

NEW: Petal Pushers 'March into Spring' 08

Q

Comments (148)
    Hmm, I miss a day or two, I miss a LOT here, ladies! I've been running a lot, distracted, and just plain scatterbrained. Must be spring fever (at least, I'd rather blame that than a mid-life crisis, lol!). I have most of Debbya's box ready to go - I just want to do one more thing, then send it on its way. It's been fun learning about your names and their history. My first name has NOTHING to do with my family heritage - my parents just liked it. My middle name, Marie, is for my mother, Mary. My daughter's first name is Juliana, for the medieval Christian mystic Juliana of Norwich. Her middle name is Pearl, for my grandmother, who died years ago. Our son's name is Ian (Scottish for John - his grandfather, great uncle, and uncle-in-law are all John/Jon, and his father is Sean, the Irish form of John). His middle name is Joseph, for one of my favorite men in the Bible. Oh, how we debated about Ian's name! He's our first, and my mother was pestering us mightily about what names we were considering. So, we had an ugly name contest, and kept telling her all sorts of outrageous choices. Keep in mind, our last name is RUDD. So, Dudley Bud Rudd, Elmer Rudd, Evan Rudd (think Evinrude motors), Vladimir Rudd (just because), etc. etc. AND, we couldn't use any names that started with C or K, because that would make his abbreviated name C. Rudd. CRUD. That cancelled out all sorts of names we happened to like, for both kids, lol! My favorite outdoors tool is definitely bypass pruning shears. Indoors, I have to say that I really MISS my dustbuster. It recently croaked after years of faithful service, and NOW I realize just how much I used it to clean up after the kids, birds, and cats. LOLOL about the moon story! Our son stayed up late to watch part of the eclipse, and really thought it was cool. Laurel
    ...See More

UPDATE: Petal Pushers 'March into Spring' 08

Q

Comments (110)
    melissa.mmm...thanks SO much for the recipe, they look wonderful...I am going to need the no calorie day after eating them..LOL I think I would like a " no cost " day....could Buy anything you wanted ...just for one day...oh, I am dreaming too...LOL Ok, I dont know if I can type it ALL, BUT I just recd my box, and WOW, did Pixie spoil me !! I recd pond plants..which I am gonna surprise hubby with for his pond. A cute card with two mystery seeds SEVERAL named cannas, and in PINK, which is my fav plant color.. Lots of great chocolate two little chocolate bunny statues..they are too cute ! a mini greenhouse with pellets to grow my mystery seeds CHOCOLATE MINT GERANIUM, for my choc garden... some Iris and daylilies Shasta daisy and some great recipes and recipe cards... I am so thankful for all of this wonderful stuff to enjoy...thanks soo much !! Oh, and a nunch of seeds... I think I need to send a bit more to my buddy next month, I thought we were to stick to the list...now I know better ! Thanks for making my day !!!
    ...See More

UPDATE: Petal Pushers July White Elephant Swap

Q

Comments (150)
    That's so funny! That time I thought you were just being silly! Good news at the dentist always makes for a better day! Yay! Lisa - I'm so sorry that I've been remiss in taking time to post on the board that I received my prize package from you. I sent you an e-mail when it arrived on Monday. I hope you received it. To everyone else - Lisa sent me the nicest box of prizes from last month's games. For some game when I was the next person to post (it seems like we were waiting for Tracy to materialize but I don't remember why) she sent me some nice gloves and plant markers. For finding that tiny Christmas tree, thereby putting an end to her 'I Spy' game, she sent me a plant off of my want list. She chose to give me Phlox 'Orange Perfection'. I was very excited to get this, as I've never seen it in my area. And, just because she's so sweet, Lisa sent me another start from Larry's iris collection! I'm a lucky girl!
    ...See More
  • faintheart
    15 years ago

Fran,

Maybe the information at this link will help with getting delivery to your new location. It says you may petition the PO for the service. Worth a try.

Hope it helps!

hugs,
    Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: USPS rural delivery info

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Fran! The place sounds great! (except the mail part!) Good luck on that one! It is a PITA, I can tell ya that for sure! Hope you find something at the site Dee posted

Dee! Good to hear from you! How are you doing? I hope things are better and you are feeling well : )

Susie, glad to hear your Dad is doing better. I hope you get over that crud soon! It is a nasty bug, we finally got rid of it. Zack and I still have the runny nose, but we have that most of the year.

Smoky, welcome to PP! I'm sure you will like it here, there is a great bunch of ladies!

Margaret, so nice to hear from you, I hope your back gets better soon, you take care of yourself and take it easy!

Hi to everyone else! Sorry, don't have time to chat more right now, time for bed.
    Has anyone heard from Tracy or Sassy? I left Tracy a msg to at least email me and let me know she is ok. I haven't heard from Pixie in ages either. "sigh" I am just worried about them and hope it is just that they are busy.

Oh! I almost forgot! Fran, I'm sorry, I won't be in this month, I've already got 2 others going, and I am not near as talented as you! hehe
    AND, Great luck on the move! I know you will love the property! I miss mine sooooo much and it was only 4 acres!

Vic

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Howdy Dee,
    We were posting at the same time the last time I left a post.

I sure am glad you finally got your new house done! Glad you are feeling better and ready to join us!

I looked at the PO guidelines for delivery direct from their website:

Rural delivery policies and procedures
    Any and all specific questions are handled by the particular postal unit involved with that route and with the rural carrier delivering to that route.

Here are some general guidelines:

Mailbox must be in the rural carrier's line of travel.
    Subject to state laws, the mailbox must be placed on the right hand side of the road in the direction of travel of the rural carrier, in all cases where traffic conditions are dangerous for the rural carrier to drive to the left to reach the box, or where doing so would violate traffic laws and regulations.
    Rural carriers are scheduled to deliver mail within 30 minutes of the same time every day.
    Requests / petitions for extension of route must be given to the postmaster of the delivery unit.
    On a rural route, more than one family, but not more than five families may use the same mailbox. A written notice of agreement signed by those who use such a box is filed with the postmaster at the delivery unit.
    Any questions regarding hardship cases or to request door delivery must be referred to the delivery unit.
    An ordinary (unnumbered) parcel too large to fit in the mailbox will not be left unless the customer has filed a written request with the postmaster as a release for leaving the parcels.
    Rural carriers are not required to go to the door with a postage due letter only to the mailbox and blow the horn. The customer must come out to the mailbox to pay and/or receive the letter.

This all just blows, according to this they do NOT have to deliever!

I KNOW I can get a PO box but I do NOT think I should have to purchase it!
    There is a PO in the town area I will actually be IN, BUT they only receive and SEND NOT deliever ANY MAIL!!! so the mail going to this area comes out of the NEXT little town over and is 7 miles away where as THIS little town/area I will be in THAT post office is like 3/4 a mile! ISN'T THAT THE STUPIDEST THING EVER????? OMG NO WONDER THEY CLAIM THEY LOSE MONEY they can't get their act together!!!!
    I think ALL of America should start complaining about the USPS idiotic practices, it apparently cost us money! It has too!

:( Fran (on a rant, isn't it ugly when she rants?)

• faintheart
    15 years ago

C'mon over, everyone!!! Fran, you just sit right down, relax and take deep breaths...feel better now?

Dee ;)

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi,Ladies-Want to get this to the front page so others can sign up for this RR that You Fran have graciously volunteered to host.

So glad to have you back, Dee. That happened to me where I had to drop out for awhile. Then coming back I discovered these RR's & think I am addicted.

Fran-You can rant here anytime you want, you know. It really helps & there are great suggestions from others that might help with the problem. How's the move going? I think moving is one of the most stressful jobs there are & pray things will go smooth for you.

It was a beautiful day here & I didn't even get outside. Tomorrow rain & more colder weather coming. I did talk to a person yesterday that saw robins back so it shouldn't be long before a few nice days.

To all-

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Nope, sorry Fran, they do not HAVE to deliver on rural routes. But, you could try playing the nice card with your carrier. Do you have a carrier at all? Is there any delivery there? If so, you could try the nice card. It did work for me, she was calling me and I would meet her to pick up a package. Now there is a big mail box that no one uses the ppl moved, and she puts my packages in there and leaves me a note. We are going to get a big mailbox this weekend if I can find one, but I know what you mean, it's a pain to not be able to get mail and I can't send anything from here b/c there is no where to leave it.
    Good Luck! and just remember, the property will make it all worth it! : ) AND, if you are getting something very important, check into UPS, most of the time they are not that much more (esp. with the way the usps keeps raising prices!) and they still come right to my door! : )

Of course if all else fails you could try this......

Vic

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Um, VIC, I don't think the last one is a GOOD suggestion LOL
    I HAVE wondered about the other carriers Vic. It just sucks that EVERYONE basically uses the USPS and THINKS mail gets delivered to your mailbox!
    I moved quick hehe, we are moving a little at a time each day but will be finihed within the next 10 days I hope.

Dee it WOULD be nice if I had THAT place to sit and relax at!

Margaret thank you! That is cute graphic there!

I forgot to CALL the PO Wednesday Morn like I was posed to. I will though and see what I can get done!

:) Fran

Players for then month of March ARE:
    ncgardengirl- Fran**** (Trying to decide IF she can!)
    skohler-Susie
    raggedyann161420- Annie
    margaret_2007- Margaret
    sassybutterfly_2008- Wendy**** (ALSO Trying to decide IF she can!)
    smokymist- Cheryl
    faintheart- Dee

• SmokyMist
    15 years ago

You know I just happened to think....even though I've been a member of GW for a looooooong time and have done many one on one swaps for plants and seeds, I've never hung out on the round robin exchange forum..
    So...Are the petal pushers a specific group that I have stuck my nose in ? I mean I just jumped right in here, but I just realized this swap might be meant for a specific group .

Cheryl

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Cheryl it IS a group and we have monthly themes. BUT everyone is welcome to join. All that is asked is that you participate when you can and make sure you send your end on the swap to your partner on time. We have a few more rules but those are simple too. Nothing major, if your new to the group you have to send your end first at least the first 2 months you are in. Be nice, to EVERYONE in the group. NO negative emails. If you have questions, you contact the group owners (which is sassyd and tracyvine who I don't have a clue where is at the moment HEY GIRLS!) OR the momthly hostess/host.
    It is simple really...

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I've been in a few other RR swaps with Smokeymist so I can vouch for her if need be :)

Still swaying on the decision on this one... I'm supposed to be making homemade Tiramisu for my honey's bday today.. and what am I doing? on GW.. as usual.... LOL

:P

~Wendy

• skohler
    15 years ago

Just wanted to let you all know I posted a small easy GAME ON the Valentine forum just to keep it up till all boxes have been RECEIVED :)
    susie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Welcome Chery! Smokeymist and I have traded back and forth for years so I can vouch for her also.

Home again at last, but need to unload the car. I will be back later to post more.

Wendy,are you still unpacking boxes?

Dee, please post pictures of your new home.

Fran, I hope the move is going smoothly for you, and I have to pay for our mailbox too!

REMEMBER EVERYONE, I WANT TO KNOW WHERE YOU DO SOME OF YOUR SHOPPING FOR YOUR FAVORITE PLANTS.

Sassy, Anita, Tracy, Pixie and everyone else, I hope you guys check in soon.

Back later, I have a car to unpack!
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• faintheart
    15 years ago

Welcome home, Annie!

Here are a few clickable thumbnails of the new house (if I get this to work).
    {{gwi:1245318}}Looking from the southwest.
    {{gwi:1245320}}I stood in the same place but just turned to face the road...so I will have a huge front yard to plan.
    {{gwi:1245322}}Living room around Christmas. (my daughter reading in the chair)
    {{gwi:1245324}}Looking the other direction.
    {{gwi:1245326}}Dining room just off the living room area.
    {{gwi:1245328}}Kitchen
    {{gwi:1245330}}Kitchen looking opposite direction.
    {{gwi:1245332}}Master bedroom...other two walls are a rusty color.
    {{gwi:1245334}}my favorite place to relax...a deep soaker tub. I want to find more blue bottles to line the windowsill.

This home is such an improvement over my old one. The wind blows and the windows don't rattle and the curtains don't move! :)))

Hope this works and it doesn't bog down anyone with dial-up.

Dee

• SmokyMist
    15 years ago

Thank you Everyone for your kind welcome :o)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow Dee, you have a big front yard, can't wait to see it all planted.NO Annie, the move is NOT going well, snags and bumps from every angle! Not sure if we can have cable there, no mail service, and NOW the power company that supplies the place says they can't locate the property and want ALMOST 400.00 for a deposit! They are such a rip off I can't STAND this power company, I had them in one location acout 20 years ago and said never again and LOOK WHAT HAPPENS! I told the SO just yesterday that this was just too perfect and something would happen. I was right the freaking power company makes me mad enough to NOT take the place!
    This company is 3x higher then the main su[[lier for this region, I WISH I didn't have to use them.

UGHHHH, ALWAYS ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!

Other then tha things are just peachy said as she grits her teeth!

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Dee, You have a lot of space to plant, beautiful home and I love your bathroom!

Fran, I'm sorry you are having all the issues with moving, and yes service companies sure know how to stick ya. I can't believe they want that much deposit;just crazy.

ALSO, whoever I'm to send to, please have them send me a list of where they like to order or their local favorite nursery.

Looks Like I need to send out new home goodie boxes when my plants come up in the spring. Wendy, Dee, and Fran, do you guys have both sun and shade?

I can't wait to see who I'm sending to!

I smell coffee!
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

Annie, yes I have a multitude of Pure Sun, Pure Shade, and p/s all over my yard. :) that's so sweet of you!!!

Well I guess I will have to bow out on playing this month. Heck of a day yesterday... Got a water bill for $183. EEK!! turns out my son's faucet leaks downstairs and he never bothered to say anything........ arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. going to fix that today I hope. Last night had to run my daughter to the ER she had a 104.5 fever!! scared me awful. Turns out it's the flu. lovelyyyyyyyyy.. So I'm spraying lysol everywhere I can. Then on the way home from the ER in pouring rain my engine light comes on and the van starts sputtering so right now my van is still sitting out in a grocery store parking lot. (I hope!!) Just way too much financial worries this month to deal with. I really wish I could join but I'll be popping in to say hi for sure!

Take care everyone,
    Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wendy hon, so sorry you can't play this month. Life always seems to get in the way of play huh?
    I hope the van get fixed, your daughter recovers quickly and you DO get that faucet fixed OUCH! I think my son would be working that off somehow for NOT telling you!

Ok well I am still thinking about my position by the time the day arrives to post partners I am SURE I will know for sure by then!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

• skohler
    15 years ago

YES wendy I hope your days get better also :)
    this flu bug is bad I think I'm finally on the mend .
    eat lotsa BANNANA"S :)

VIC Where are you :) ? We see that Annies Valentines box was at your post office Sure Hope all is well .

I recieved a Package in the mail from Annie yesterday
    she sent me a hand towel & oven mit so colorful , seed lables , plastic seed baggies , & SOFT FOOTIES To wear around the house love them & Ty .
    Annie is a true Doll :) & Friend .

well have to get off here you all have a great day .

susie

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wooohoooo it's MARCH TODAY, hmmm, I SHOULD have done that with my BUMP last night but wasn't thinking about it.

WE have SNOW!!!! OH NO!!! They are calling for up to 6 inches here. They are also predicting a LARGE power outage for this county. Right now there are over 1000 without power now they are saying there are supposed to be high excessive winds tonight and more of this area will be without power because the powerlines can not withstand the highwinds! Great!!!

SOOOO if the power goes out I do not know how long it will take them to fix it. I hope not too long. BUT if I am not around for a couple of days this is what happened!
    Just thought I would post before hand so everyone would know!

• skohler
    15 years ago

VICKIE VICKIE VICKIE SHAME ON YOU :) I got the sweetest Valentines ever :) Loaded many assorted CHOCOLATES Hearts & Kisses Thank you for the fix :)

Besides the candy I also got an 30 hr wax bean candle & I'm going to give it a try it is so pretty .
    then i have a set of 4 Heart shaped candle
    4 lead Penciles with hearts ,
    A Valentines Coffee Mug with sugar cookies I will give the cookies to daddy he's not fond of chocolate :)
    there is a 2009 floweral calendar & My Biggest love is for the BUTTERFLY Sun Catcher :) Margaret says it has to go in the front window :) . so I will go hang it up .

our old post was used up so I had to post my box over here . thank you vickie all is so pretty thank you .

I picked up a few cuties for this month partner can hardly wait to find out who will get them :)

well got to go find what to make for super you all have a great evening .

susie

• galium
    15 years ago

Thought I'd pop in and say Hi!

Dee-It's great to see you posting. Love your house.

We just had a foot of snow dumped on us between yesterday and today. One thing I'm thankful for is that our next door neighbor's son plows our driveway. We don't even ask he just comes right on over and doesn't charge us a penny!

Hope everyone is doing well.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Susie, I'm glad you liked it! And SHHHH, don't tell anyone there were no seeds in there! I seen on your page that you didn't want any at the moment : ) And, I will confess, there was some dark chocolate kisses too but, well.... they didn't make it to the box!

Fran, good luck with the weather, I hope you don't loose power! Not to rub it in, but it is 63 and sunny here today!

ANNIE!!!! I GOT MY BOX! I LOVE IT!!!!!
    I think you were peaking in my windows this weekend!
    I have to tell ya, the box was NOT in good shape, looked like they played football with it or something and when I opened it my heart sank b/c I have been wanting those water globes forever! And I was worried from the look of the box they would be broken BUT they were NOT! YIPPEE!
    AND, on top of the TWO Aqua/water globes I got a bunch of other goodies! I am going to have to keep you all in suspense for the moment, I am at work and don't have time to list it all : )
    I just wanted to make sure Annie knew I was just thrilled with it!!!

Vic

• faintheart
    15 years ago

Hi all!

Susie that sounds like a super fun box from Vic! Hope you are over the "bug" and feeling much better!

Vic sounds like you got a great one too! *waiting impatiently to hear what else ya got*

Wendy, hope your daughter is feeling better and the van is too! Yikessssss about the water bill! Did you get in on the snow too?

Fran, hoping you are safe and warm! Hopefully your snow won't last long.

Hi Mariann! Wowwww...lots of snow for you too! What a great neighbor to have! Keep warm and dream of summer gardens. :)

Annie, yes I have shade in the back yard and full sun in the front. Have lots of work ahead of me this spring and summer! I love my bathroom too! (actually the whole house...lol) The change is so dramatic that I would wake up and wonder where I was! :)

I am anxious to find out who I send to also!

Hope all of our petal pushin' friends are well...

hugsssss,
    Dee

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annie my braclet came today! Woohoo, thanks again. I will send the other one back to you in this ones box so if you can get a refund or exchange!!!

OK, I may, just MAY have to post who sends to whom early because of the move. I will start a new thread for that so just watch for it.

We were without power all day today and was worried it wouldn't get turned back on at all today it was really late this evening when they got it on.

How is everyone doing today? Susie you better now huh?

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Ok, I have a few minutes now : )

so, to finish my box details : )

I also got a kneeling pad
    a pretty dish towel and pot holder set with a bird house and sunflower pic on them, I alway need these! The last set of pot holders I bought is at LEAST 8-10 years old! And they look it! LOL
    some great fuzzy socks that have aloe IN the sock! These are on my tootsies as I type! : )
    Bubble envies, never have enough
    Seed envelopes and labels
    and a gift cert to a local nursery!

Annie, you way outdid yourself! Thank You soooo much!!

The reason I say you must have been peaking in my windows this weekend is b/c I was sorting seeds and thought "I'm going to run out of envies" AND one of my plants died b/c I forgot to water it : ( Now 2 of my plants that use the most water have my globes in them!

Mariann, I started to post before you had your post on the thread last time (yes, it took me that long to get that on there!) I'm so glad you have good neighbors like that! It really is nice when you have good people living around you isn't it?!

Fran, do you still have power? Sorry about last night, some sneaky little kid came up and pushed the button on the computer right after I emailed you, I had a post all typed up to go on here too, I decided that he needed my attention more than GW, so we went and read a book : )

Wendy, how is your daughter??? I hope better!
    and the van? Should I even ask?

Susie, I really liked the butterfly too, I think I am going to go back and get me one!

Hi to everyone! I've gotta go check the other swap I'm hosting.

And DEE! Your house is beautiful!! I bet you can't wait to get out in that huge yard! I will be waiting for the "after" pics!

Vic

• SmokyMist
    15 years ago

Fran , and everyone, I'm going to have to drop out of this swap. My 17 year old daughter...who has a website where she makes pet accessories to help with our little animal rescue efforts, was just told she has a spot in an Expo in town, where last year they had 39,000 attendees.
    It is less than two weeks away. Every day from this point until then will be full of us sowing , baking, and creating. I run my own business from home, and so I'm having to do double duty to help on this. I just won't be able to put my mind into this swap and remember what I'm supposed to do right now. I SO appreciate you all allowing me in though. Maybe next time !

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi everyone

Yes, we got some snow too.. wasn't enough to brag about, they didn't even close the schools on Monday, but it sure was beautiful coming down. I thought we were gonna get lots.. but then it turned to sleet and slush ..lol Kids had fun in it tho.

My daughter is much better now, ty. That flu is a nasty one! So far noone else is looking like they're coming down with it. *fingers crossed!!! lol

The van... As I just told Fran via email .. I'm ready to buy a dang horse! ughh... Computer module, coils.. heck if I know what all these thingamajigs are, I just know they're costly! Looking at $490 up to possibly $1100. It'll go on credit too unfortunately .. don't have that kinda cash just laying around!

I wanna WS today!! But there's dishes and laundry to be done, shopping lists to plan, etc etc..

Whiney today aren't I? lol Ah well... tomorrow's a new day right?

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I got a nice surprise today! It was a prize package from Annie that I had forgotten that I was going to get.

Annie sent some seed envies, seed baggies, a dish towel and Matching pot holder AND a pair of cozy socks...

Thank you Annie for the great prize package. I love it!

I'm not swapping this month but I'd love to play a game for a prize if I may!!! Fran, do you mind? I don't figure you will soooo I'll post it now.

I have an expression that I use a lot, it drives hubby crazy because he's always wanting to help me out. What's my expression.

-- -- ---- ----- ---- --- --!

One letter at a time please, until we have a guess on the answer. I'll check back later tonight for letters.

Lisa

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Vic, I'm glad you liked your package!

I'm also glad everyone else received their packages.

Cheryl, Smokymist,sorry you are not playing this month but good luck at the expo. I do hope you guys make lots of $$$$$!

Yes the Eastern states got huge amounts of snow. I hope everyone has a snowblower to bail themselves out with.

LISA IS THERE A "S"?

I went yesterday to see my girlfriends new grandson and boy were they ever busy. A set of twin girls were born, both weighing the same and both being the same length. Their little sister kept saying "I have 2 babies"; so cute, and I wonder how many times that happens? To top it off, they had 5 women in labor at the same time. Nurses were running around crazy, and although they were happy they looked frazzled.

I'm off til Friday night, and I'm getting spring fever.It is 36 out and sunny. I do have daffs trying to poke their noses through so that is a good sign. :O) :O)

Fran, did you say you were going to give out the names early? LOL

Time to get busy,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Glad your daughter is feeling better, and sorry to hear you are have truck trouble!

Everyone else, have a great day.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Annie, yes there's 1 A

-- -- a--- ----- ---- --- --!

Guess away...

• skohler
    15 years ago

Lisa is there a "T"

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Susie, yes, there's 3 t's

-- -t a--t ----- ---t --- -t!

keep guessing! I'll check back later.

Lisa

• faintheart
    15 years ago

Lisa, is there a "N" ? *crossing fingers* ;)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Fainthart, yes there's 2 n's

-- -t a-nt ----- --nt --- -t!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Well, Boy am I dumb! I just read back and annie was asking if there was an s. Oh well, no s's... you got a freebie!

Lisa

• faintheart
    15 years ago

ohhhhhh this is fun! let's see...how about "H"?

Dee

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hmmm, can I guess before you answer Dee? hehehe
    I'm gonna say "I"
    (And Lisa, I had to go back up and look, I read it as an A also! Great minds! LOL

Annie, can you send me your ph # again please! I can't find it in my ever so organized MESS!

I'm going to go relax and read for a bit, my computer is still really slow and I may just throw it across the room if I don't walk away from it! *sigh* (yes, I have a bit of a temper, esp. when I'm not getting much sleep : )

Night Ladies!
    Vicky

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

okay, so we have two new letters. There are no h's.

Vic, there are 5 I's......where's your guess? Maybe you missed that you can guess at any time!

i- it aint ----- --nt -i- it!

• faintheart
    15 years ago

oh oh ohhhhhhhhhh! I KNOW I KNOW! ooooooooops...*jumpin up and down real quiet like in case Vicky is sleepin'* *giggles*

if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :)))

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Dee, you got it!

Send me an email with your addy and I'll send you a little something for playing.

Vic, ya know the expression ya snooze, ya lose. you should have stayed up girl! lol

Thanks for playing
    Lisa

• faintheart
    15 years ago

woooooohooooooo! thank you, Lisa...that was a fun challenge! will send you an email...on lunch break here at work and it's really too beautiful out (56*) to be working!

hope everyone has a great day!!!

Dee

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Congrats Dee! Yes, I was sleeping! The only thing I could get was "if it ain't" I can't believe I couldn't come up with that, good job!

Susie, how's your Dad doing?

How is everyone else? I have tomorrow off! Yippee! Of course it is supposed to be cold and snow showers! It's 60 and sunny while I'm at work! But, I've got lots to do inside and hope to get my wsing finished. Can I start my veggies yet or should I wait? What about annuals? I sure hope I get some plants out of this, Jamie keeps telling me I'm nuts and wasting all that seed! I HAVE to prove him wrong! And I would hate to have to go buy a bunch of plants and replant them in my milk jugs! LOL

Off to get ready for bed!
    Vic

• faintheart
    15 years ago

OMG Vic!!!!!!! Its early and no one else in the house is up....I am tryin soooooo hard not to bust about buying plants and replanting in the milk jugs! Silly silly girl! It will work I know. I have wintersowed for 3 yrs now. The first year DH would roll his eyes every time he saw a milk jug go out the door. So when they started to sprout...I made him go out and look at each one! lol

I would wait a couple weeks yet on sowing the veggies and annuals till mid/late March. When is your last frost date? Here it is in mid May. It won't take long for them to pop up when the time is right.

I have the day off too and our cold change is coming Saturday. Just keep the snow there please.

Have a great day off and Friday everyone!!!

hugsssssss,
    Dee

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Good Mrning all!

Dee, your package will go out this afternoon. I hope you like what I picked for you.

Lisa

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

HI everyone !!!! I have a message from FRAN.

FRAN will be gone, no internet...for about a week, which is much better then she thought. SO she asked me to let you all know, she will be back as soon as she can.

Enjoy your swap !

Kym