SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
butterflychaser

My New Orleans Garden

butterflychaser
18 years ago

After seeing the beautiful courtyard garden in TN (which I posted previously), I was inspired to do something with a narrow strip that runs between two additions of my F shaped house. The distance from wall to wall is about 8.5 feet. And the length of the area is about 15 ft. The rock path takes up about 2 ft thru the middle.

For years, everything I planted here was just too big for the narrow beds on each side of the path. I couldn't quite figure out what to plant that wouldn't eventually overtake the path. My brother lives next door and he walks over, down this path, everyday. And it really annoys him if something touches him.

{{gwi:1256890}}

Also, one wall is very tall and boring. And I just needed to spice things up. So last year, I began digging out the tall and big plants. And I started hunting for iron decor for the walls.

So this is the result:

{{gwi:1256892}}

I wasn't quite sure at that point what I was going to plant in there permanently, so temporarily, it became a succulent garden. All the wall shelves held my succulents and potted succulents were placed on the ground.

{{gwi:1256894}}

Even these unique male and female chairs became temporary plant stands:

{{gwi:1256896}}

{{gwi:1256898}}

And I couldn't resist this lionshead wall fountain to enhance the French style:

{{gwi:1256900}}

{{gwi:1256902}}

And this sun just had to have a home here when I found it on clearance:

{{gwi:1256904}}

Comments (7)

Sponsored