SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
intheforest

6th Annual Seed Addicts Swap

intheforest
15 years ago

6th Annual Seed Addicts Swap!

I have thought long and hard on if I have time to host again this year with my new job, but I couldn't live with the decision not to, and decided I had to try.

To help me out, please make sure to follow the rules carefully. Especially including a what was sent list so I don't have to write it on arrival - this helps not to send you back your own seeds. I will try to respond at least once a day to posts, (if you have my addy from previous years, feel free to use it if I fall behind on getting back to you.)

Here are the guidelines:

Any seeds go old/new, veggie, flower, shade, natives, etc.

Deadline for mailing to me will be February 17th, all seed packets need to be sent (postmarked) by this time.

I wanted to make it earlier so I could work on them on president's weekend, but that is too soon. If most of you get them to me sooner, though, maybe I can get sorting well underway by then.

Please include:

* Return postage -same or more than it took you to mail. I'll recycle the bubble mailer you send seeds in.

* Address Label

* Your Garden web name

*** Lists of what you sent and also wish list (These are VERY important to help me NOT send the same seeds back to you. Maybe you'll get a wish or two, too?) FYI-I will try to limit dislikes, but cannot promise. Ex-If I get 50 marigold packs, then the 30 people joining will have to get at least one.

*Newbies should send postage and write newbie on bubble envelope.

I will return seeds by March 1st or earlier (or as soon as all seeds are in.)

Note--This year I am adding a Maximum Limit of 30 trade pkts or less, the last few years a few huge sasbes (40-60 pkts) have been sent and I think it limits the variety to all swappers a little because of needing to fill those big envelopes.

You can send duplicates, (only 2 if they are very common.) You will receive the same amount of packets as you send in and any "Bonus" seeds . Anyone wanting to donate "Bonus" seeds please label them as "Bonus" or separate them and I will distribute them to other swappers and newbies.

FYI -I can only include bonuses if you have adequate return postage to allow it-you may want an extra stamp (ex-if it only took you the minimum to send, but you sent 22 extra-lightweight pkts) often seeds from others can weigh differently due to way they are packaged/size of seed, too.

Happy sowing,

Abbey

Comments (122)