SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesdvs9

Thanks To Sue, Vineyard Song & Condoleezza

lesdvs9
15 years ago

Thanks To Sue is a great rose, this one though needs to be pruned almost always on an upward facing leaflet to encourage growth that direction. Cooler months the roses will be an apricot color and warm months a peach color.

I've included a bush shot from spring because it shows the plant better and then as it looks now which it was taken in full sun. I included both a nice bloom and a fading one because I liked the sun through it. This rose has been planted in this spot for a year and a half and is 2 years old come the middle of Sept.

Vineyard Song really struggled at first. It doesn't like a lot of water and placement is important. It had a hard time in spring when I had to wash the roses off so frequently from the massive aphid infestation I had end of April and May. I planted this one in Mar this year and the foliage really suffered from too much water and really settled down started growing in July. I need to do some pruning on some runaway canes.

Condoleezza is a floribunda and I got this one in Jan and planted it in Mar. It's doing pretty good where I have it but might do even better with more sun. I really like this rose. Funny how taking pics sometimes helps me spot my current problem, rose slugs and budworms:) Daun, I think you'd like this one.

I hope you enjoy looking at these:

Thanks for looking,

Les

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz