SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

UPDATE: 7400 Traveling Daylilies - March swap in progress

mamabirrd
16 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, giving, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Okay, i'll start another thread. : )

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Comments (101)

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Good Morning Everyone:)
    Quick check in, I sent a mass E-mail to ALL this morning, if you did NOT get it, Please Let Me Know!!!!! Thanks Dianne for the fast reply:)

Sherri,
    Not from LA, I have not hit that yet, I got them all from Blueridge & Meriettas, They are all listed as new on my page. I hope anyway, I am trying so hard to get a master list done, & I just realized I don't have about 70 of the ones I already have in a new bed on it:( One Day!!!

Sharon,
    VERY NICE LIST!!!!!

(((Jo)))
    Again, So excited for you......

• mary_s
    16 years ago

Hi to everyone! Lots of catching up to do here!

I am wondering if I signed up for the March swap. If I did who IS my partner????? HELP! I have not been on much due to computer problems and I am so lost now! Can anyone tell me?

Jo, did you ever get the recipes and cover page I sent. I think I may have sent it to your old email address! Oh dear! Are we still doing the recipes? Congrats on the new grandbaby!

We had an unusually warm January and February was about'normal'More wintry weather for the weekend. Seems like if we do get a nece day it is so windy you can hardly stand up! There is nothing at all coming up in my yard yet, and I do not expect there will be for another month or 2! As you can tell, I am so ready for spring! I have only ordered daylilies from 1 place so far. No hostas yet, can you believe it??? I should get that done while there are some to pick from!

Sharon, good luck with your 7th grader. That is a difficult age, when they think they "know it all" and parents are so stupid! Sounds like some great daylilies!

Marea, maybe you can "hire out" to clean all our carpets with your fancy new vacuum/ rug shampoo machine!!!

Gloria, I am so sorry about your 2 kittens! No surgery, That sounds like good news(?)How are those wedding plans? I am a nurse, too, but most of my patients are under 18 :)

Well better get busy! MaryS

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: 10,500 Traveling Daylilies

Q

Comments (109)
    Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!!!! ok, I just set a personal record, I have managed to get here to the forum 2 times in 3 days, wow!!! (grins) Hope everyone had a lovely Easter that was filled with love, laughter, family and friends. Karen, I meant to say how sorry I was to hear about both your kids and your medicine ball.(and you with the horse) And to apologise for laughing so hard when I read it. I know it isn't funny, but I just couldn't help myself, you made it sound hysterically funny the way you wrote it. Guess I have a warped sense of humor. But, I am very glad all of you are ok now. hugs. Dawn, No, I never got it. Did you get my change of e-mail? Debbie has the new one in the latest member list. hugs Dianne, I am so sorry to hear that. But, on the bright side, now you will have a lovely new kitchen. So, keep your chin up and focus on that. Wish we lived closer, I have gained lots of weight since my mom passed, and I have decided this is the year I am going to lose it again.If we lived closer, we could walk together. Also sorry to hear about your DH. Your hubby and mine must be related. Gene got his finger with the table saw late last summer. Doc said he exploded the bone in the tip of his finger (index, left hand)And, yes you might have to hire someone to watch him. I have often felt that way myself. They somehow manage to get into all kinds of trouble when we aren't around. What is that all about anyways? We have so got to get together this summer. I know we talked about it before, then my life went off to Jupiter. But, we are back on earth now, so we really need to make plans to meet. Maybe we could meet halfway, and go to lunch, or plan a picnic or something. (and maybe a small sidetrip to a nursery, grins) We had a great Easter. DD and I worked on Alex new bedroom. Cleaned it out, painted all the walls. She will finish up the trim today. Then we will be putting the furniture in. We are making the bed, it will be built in, with "walls", so it will kinda look like you are going in a door to get into it. Drawers underneath for storage. A small desk with lots of shelves on both sides and recessed lights over it for when he is older, so he can draw, paint, do homework. Also, a built in closet. Right now it will be decorated with Scooby Doo, cause he really loves him, but we have been buying "sports" themed things for later on. We were lucky and found a super cute ceiling light with sports balls around the outside of the glass, too cute. All of our other grandchildren will be over tonight for dinner and to get their Easter baskets. We make all the childrens baskets out of new large bath towels wrapped around a large strip of cardboard, then we fill them with goodies. It is a great alternative to baskets, cause they always wanted to take them home and never remembered to bring them back, so they were really piling up. And, the towels are way more useful. We just make sure to buy them in each kids favorite color, and...
    ...See More

UPDATE: 7500 Traveling Daylilies!!! Is it Spring yet???

Q

Comments (99)
    Good Morning All, A Big WELCOME to Lisa and Mellen!!!:) I received my box from Anita and as always it is GREAT! There was a very heavy cedar bird feeder, Anita how did ya' know I wanted one exactly like that, I have been eyeballing them since last fall,(that was the surprise from you unamed by me) also there was a wonderful book, yes a book named "From flower to fruit", it has a wealth of information in it about seeds and how they have changed the world, a section on pistals and fertilization, boy do I need this book! That was for the garden magazine. Something green was Shamrocks. For something that smells good; humming bird food, I always see about 6 or 7 each year and they are sure to love this. Something that is a flower/bulb of the persons name, enclosed she had a daylily named Emily 'Jaye', now Anita you know that will have to go somewhere VERY special! Something for fun was a hummingbird feeder to put the food in. And for all of you that have ever had the pleasure of trading with Anita you know that she (and all of us) always put wonderful surprises in the box! Included was a red-striped canna, a box of wildflower mix, a ceramic garden pick of a chicken/rooster, which will go beside my chicken coup, I have two small beds on each side of it, it will look great there. Also a wonderful picture frame that has a gardeners tools, a sunflower hat and a watering can on it, this is just too adorable and it will go on my shelf in my kitchen. And of course M&M's..... (Anita!).... As always you brighten my day, THANK YOU!! BIG ((HUGS)) to you!!:) Canna~ My prayers and thoughts are with you. Jo~ Love the picture of the columbine and lupine. I lost my little doggie/baby 'lhasa apso' last week, the heart problem got the best of her. Hope everyone is doing well! Great pictures everyone. Have a Great Day! Jaye
    ...See More

UPDATE: 11,400 Traveling Daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Hi Everyone, We are back from our trip. It was fantastic. we had a blast. Melinda, I would love to trade with you sometime, I have a lot of dl's, but love other plants, and have many. Joy, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved kitty. we have had to do that a couple of times, one was with our very first dog my dh and i got. we had him for 18 years, it was very difficult. My heart goes out to you. Marea, Again, I am so sorry. They are family, and it hurts so much.Especially when you werent there with them. *hug* Nancy, So happy to hear that your surgery went well. Maybe you can watch someone else do the work in your gardens while you sit in the shade and relax and get better. =) Whoo hoo, I am trading with Jean. I will check your list, hope I have something on it. If not, I will send you a list of what i have, maybe you can find something. Also, I will check locally to see if there is anything i can purchase. I have a dl farm about 20 mins away. And several nurseries I have discovered in the last year. Debbie, What a great box of goodies. Marea, When do our boxes have to be sent. I may have missed it if you posted that. I am very excited to be back trading with you all again. We bought 6 blueberries, and 6 fruit trees, so got a lot of work ahead of us. Plus we have to finish our raised strawberry bed to get all our strawberry plants in. I also found a clematis I have been wanting. Fairydust!! It was the only one they had, and I nabbed it. Only $10 Got lots of cool projects planned for the garden this summer. I cant wait. hehehe Take care everyone, stay safe Hugs Jo
    ...See More

UPDATE: 8600+ Traveling Daylilies....Holy Smokes!!!!!

Q

Comments (103)
    Bambi-Yeah...welcome to our group. So glad you wanted to be a part of this group. I have two grown children, a daughter and a son. My daughter has our only two grandchildren, Brittney (16 yrs) and Dawson (2 years). They live beside me and I love it. A white fence separates our homes and my DH says once Dawson passes through the fence its sanctuary to him (no spankings on our side). AS you know I LOVE SPIDERS. How many times did I change my mind as to which ones I wanted to trade for? You had too many that I wanted. I live close to the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. I work at Zickgraf Hardwood Company, they make hardwood floors. I am in the purchasing department, I along with two others help buy the wood that makes the hardwood floors. Been there 24 years next February. Dawn-Loved your recent update it's really coming along now. 200 hostas? I say you must love them. We need pictures when you get done planting all those. Barb-What a beautiful scene. When I first looked at it I thought someone had retaken a picture out of a magazine. Just beautiful and so peaceful looking. 80 acres? I want to come and live with you, you want even know that I am there. My 3 acres is almost full already. I visted Ohio 10 years ago. Went to see the Amish. Gosh I love the way those folks live. I could really get into that. Jo- I hope to work on our trade this week-end. Weed pulling and digging is just about to do me in. They grow wheather it rains or not. Volleyball has started back also. I can't believe I am playing this year. I got a brace for my ankle and I tighten it very tight and off I go. My DH said if I damage it worse than it already is he does not want to hear about it. I had two girls that can not play this year so I could not let the team down by quitting too. Bambi-Let Cindy know if you want to be in on this swap. Thursday is the deadline to sign up. I sent you the rules of the group. Shirley
    ...See More
  • toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Anita, all I can say is WOW! I went to your site to see what you got new ... WOW-O-WOW

Did you go Spacecoast CRAZY? LOL

sharon

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Help, I can't find an angie flower, if anyone knows of one please let me know, thankyou carol

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Good Morning Everyone:)

Sharon,
    Not Yet!!!!! DH is going to kill me, when I start getting the $75.00 one's, I just love them.
    Marietta's had SC Hot Topic for $6.00, I think I might have to get more than 1, before they are sold out.

Mary S,
    I don't see a post from you, about the March swap? Unless I missed it:) Hope you have your problem fixed, I HATE having mine down, someday I am going to get a better one,

Rebecca,
    I placed my first order with Horn's this year, I am so excited, I still wont part with $18.00 on eBay for a white one, but I will have to cave soon, if the price does not go down. Over on the Canna forum you inspired me to take the plunge, 4 or 5 years ago DH thought my collection of over 30 named one's was just a big tote of garbage, I could have killed him.

Carol,
    I had the same problem, Luckily my buddy Jo, found me something:) I will go peek for you:0)

Got to run fast baby d just woke up, have a great weekend all..

• onesherri
    16 years ago

Sharon, you have made some great choices. I especially love that magic lake. Thats one I will probably end up buying this year too. Very pretty. Love Lee Pickles too. :)

Off to check out Miss Anita's new list. :) Sherri

• luvmybulbs
    16 years ago

Hey guys, just checking in before I go to work. We put in a new computer system so I will be working the next few Saturdays! And the kicker is since I am on Salary, they will pay us overtime but the overtime is at half our rate. That sucks the big one!

The only new ones I have ordered so far this year is
    Breed Apart
    Dragon King
    Ida's Magic
    Violet Explosion
    Orchid Corsage
    Paiges Pinata

Anita that is a lot of Dinero!!!! I am thinking that I will buy one good one a year. That is all I can afford! Then as it increases trade.

Carol don't worry about finding one with my name! I haven't found one with your name. There are hardly any bulbs out around here besides the same ole stuff!!! Who comes up with these rules anyway????????????????????????

Well off to work, have a great weekend everyone.

Angie

• luvmybulbs
    16 years ago

Hey, I just went to look at my trade page, I haven't looked at it in months! There isn't anything there! What the heck.

Thank goodness my daylilys are on the front page!

:o(

I guess I will have something to work on now :o(

• namso
    16 years ago

Time to try to catch up a bit again...back from beautiful Montana-wow its pretty there. Went skiing at Big Sky and snowmobiling through Yellowstone park. awesome. it was very nice to get away too- haven't been on a real vacation for several years.

G, so sorry on your kitties. heartbreaking.

Jo- big congrats on the new grandbaby!

Carol - wish i could find a Angie dl. mom collects family named ones and somehow i haven't been able to find one of these for her yet.
    Also still looking for a Danny if anyone sees.

Sharon - GREAT PICKS. i esp like Jamaican Me Happy, Only the Lonely, Flamenco Christmas....ok i like tem all lol. have some purchased moment in the sun seedlings going...love that one too lol.

Anita - GREAT PICKS TOO. spacecoast crazy!! love Kinnebrew. i never add the cost up though. might stop me :)

Marea/Debbie - Munson Fan here too. If i had to start all over again, i think i would rebuy every R.W. Munson i have. :) Most of the ones i have are dividable, so let me know if i have any you need.

Shinto Etching

Marea, I love your taste. unfortunately, your screen name sounds familiar....if i bid against you i didn't know! also i see none of the ones i got on your large want list of two....good thing i have one of the two, cause im sure i still owe you one lol.

Angie, have Breed Apart. nice color. have seen several others on your list (paiges pinata, orchid corsage)i have seen and love too.

Can you tell i love my daylilies and have been in withdrawl? ok heres my picks this year. keep in mind i only intended to get a few new yellows this year. several of these fit into more than one category.

Because I had spaces for a few good yellows:
    Merry Moppet (Salter), Stenciled Impressions (Stamile), Faces of A Clown (Salter), Sherry Lane Carr (Carr), Etched Fantasy (Stamile)

Because I'm on a Trimmer kick:
    Cherry Burst, Raspberry Beret, Steve Trimmer, Pumpkin Prince, Hold Your Horses, Jamaican Love

Because Ive seen them and had to have:
    Websters Pink Wonder (Webster and Cobb), South Seas Serenade (Salter), Halloween Hocus Pocus (Salter)

Because Ive seen their seedlings and had to have:
    How Beautiful Heaven Must Be (Carpenter), John Peat (Petit), Bella Sera (Stamile)

Because I have space for one or maybe two reds:
    Wild Wookie (Stamile), Dream Candy (Stamile), Mama's Cherry Pie (F. Shooter)

Because I wanted more Doubles:
    Royal Corsage (stamile), Double Vanilla Supreme (Stamile)

Because I couldn't let the deals go by:
    Aragon (Stamile), Mort Morss (Salter)

Because Sherri made Me (lol):
    Forestlake Ragamuffin (Harding)

Because I thought I would treat myself to a couple of intro's because I was only going to buy a few yellows:
    Gary Colby (Petit), Saber Tooth Tiger (Gossard), Little Peter Piper (G. Stamile - xmas present from mom)

I can't wait for spring. We need more pictures....
    Blue Eyes Glace

Sorry if i missed people...know i did really. No pics Shirley? No posts Mary B?

Cindy O/namso

• mareas
    16 years ago

Ahh, Cindy - I am always really excited to see that you've posted because there is gonna be a fabulous flower photo!! Skiing & snowmobiling in Montana? What a wonderful vacation! No doubt you are throughly energized by all that spiritual beauty. I have driven through that part of the world with tears of joy in my eyes...
    Debbie & I have a collection of 17 cultivars between us (we are both gonna have all 17 before the years end *grin) including the fabulous Shinto Etching.
    I don't have a want list because I can't figure out which ones to narrow it down to! I want every purple, lavender, blue & pink large flowered cultivar there is. I don't think I like spiders (except the "cascade" {{gwi:1243446}}href> that Ms Bernard sent me) and the only double that looks really appealing to me is Stamile's Fire Agate. I am getting Petit's Transylvanian Cocktail as part of a red collection -I did end up just loving Susan Prichard Petit (which also came in a collection from Gavin) so maybe I just don't like the photos... No, you have not bid against me on the LA.

{{gwi:1243448}}href>

Mary S, I am so glad to hear from you! I have missed you! I think of you fondly every time I'm in my backyard garden with it's "LOVE GROWS HERE" sign. I realized I forgot to tell Gloria that you are a school nurse, but are you really like those stern old battle axes I recall from my school days? I think not. ((hugs))

OneSherri, Stamile says "there is no doubt about finding blue here" so I'm gonna see for myself this summer. But I percieved both my Destined to See & True Blue Heart as having true vivid blue (not lavender or slate) in the eye zones; so my answer is yes, actual blue is becoming a reality in daylilies - at least for me LOL!
    Here is Finding Blue:
    {{gwi:1243468}} ~marea

• luvmybulbs
    16 years ago

OOOHHHHH Marea I like that. I bought True Blue Heart last year in a co-op at DG and either that one died or Navy Blues, can't remember at the moment!

Today is crappy it has been raining since this morning. On the way home from my parents there was a horrible wreck a car hit a phone pole. I prayed the people were alive it was so bad.

I got 2 Upright Elephant Ears this week, I have been wanting one for a while but was to cheap to buy one, the bulb was the size of a Footbal so I potted them up and can't wait until the summer.

CindyO as always, beautiful pictures!!

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

Have to hurry but I wanted to let you know that I got the box of dvd's from Maryanne today. There were 10 of them and the variety was great. She had also included a bag of microwave popcorn which I thought was a teriffic idea and plan on stealing it.

Thanks Maryanne.
    Debbie/budsnblooms

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Marea, sorry, can't ID your DL. :o(
    But do love your picture of Finding Blue.

Angie, your going to love your Elephant Ears. I don't think I've seen any bulbs the size of footballs!!!! Sounds like you are going to put them in a planter?

Cindy O. - I love that your on a Trimmer kick - grin! If I had more land I know I would be. I just love Raspberry Beret, Pumpking Prince and ... well, lots of his.

Oh, and you got Dream Candy ... I need it, want it, got to have it! . . . Well, maybe next year. ;o`
    I kept bidding on Dream Candy and Lies and Lipstick, but they just kept going so high and I had already blown my money on the 2 $$$ Daylilies. That is when I got the cheaper red eye/edged ones that I'm sure I will be happy with.
    Talking of Trimmer Daylilies ... I made a cross of Sherry Lane Carr and Autumn Jewels last summer. Saved 2 seeds for myself, have one germinated so far.

Autumn Jewels - trimmer 2000- late bloomer.
    {{gwi:744322}}
    Trimmer says it is supposed to get to 40 inches, but so far it has only gotten to maybe 24 inches (good thing too since it is at the front of the border).
    sharon

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

Mamma G,
    Was wondering if your computer even has spell check? I don't for see you using it, why start a NEW thing, I kinda like trying to guess what you are saying, when some of the word's, or should I say letters, don't even come close to a word. But I love ya! Please keep your Granddaddy's double barrel put away, I would tell you how I shot my finger a few year's ago, but I think some my not like it!!! Let's just say, I am no longer allowed to touch DH's gun's, order of the NYPD!

(((((SherryB))))
    Just thought you might need that hug!!!!!

Karen,
    How is your wrist doing? Have not had the chance to answer your E-mail yet, when I read one & close & save for later, I always forget it:( I need to just answer when I read it the first time. Anyway, Looking forward to our trade. I agree 1 plant to ship is silly:)

Carol,
    Thanks!!! I have almost bought Apple Blossom a few time's, the pic they have on the box was pretty, but not as nice as yours was. I will have to get that one know:)

EIlen,
    I have 2 BIG Black Lab's, Never fails, if the dog's are on one side of the house, the deer come in on another side, my dog's have been on the deck WATCHING the deer,

Dianne,
    I sent you the link for the LA, I know some of them closed last night, but I think only a few of them, so you still have a good chance at getting some.

Sherri,
    I have never paid over $39.00 for a DF, I just can't do it yet, But I am running out of the cheap ones I like. I really like Lori Goldston, but I am NOT paying $29.00 SF, I found another seller, I have bought from in the past that has it for $19.99 SF, VERY tempting.

Angie,
    It was wonderful to see you over at DG, Let me know before you are going to ship & I will probably add more, I really should get some of your Dahlias. Ditto on loving you EE's, I have a few I just love, I would like more of them too!!! When does it end?

Sharon,
    May I ask, well I am going to anyway, but hope you don't mind? What did you pay for Head Turner, that's another one I need to add to my never ending list.
    Cindy O,
    So glad to see you, How come EVERY time you post, my need list grows?? Very nice.
    Sound's like you had a wonderful time in Montana. DH & I would like to go some year.

Marea,
    Come on, do you really care more about clean floor's, than DAYLILIES, I need a new one too, I have a 20 year old Hoover, finding a good one in my small town is going to be a job,
    I called the place that I get my bag's from & guess what, THEY DON'T SELL THEM!!!! I have no clue what your raspberry Daylily is, & will you STOP showing me Finding Blue, I have already checked that one out & it will have to come down a bit, I may change my mind when I see your pic's of it this year, I truly love it, but hate the price.

Maryanne,
    With all the crap I was going through when you announced GRAND BABY!! I don't think I ever told you congratulation's. Is this your first? Did you get a pic of the ultra sound?
    Wonderful addition to the baby's photo album. I made Susan get 2 copies, so I could have them in my photo album of him,
    Swap's have ALWAYS been done by whomever would like to host them, I have never hosted one yet, Same as starting the thread's, again whomever, I have started one of them, our 5000 thread, it was an honor I truly enjoyed.

Carmen,
    Thank you so much, you are a very nice person.Nothing like feeling right at home:)
    Badseed is my fav already:) This is my POOH

Sorry if I have missed anyone, time for HGTV. Have a great day all

• pins2006
    16 years ago

Anita, I can't believe I couldn't connect the Pooh. Senior moment. I love your Pooh.

I just love all the pix of daylilies here. They're giving me massive spring fever.

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Paul, I am waiting for one more think for your box. Hopefully it will get here soon.
    sharon

• pchanggeo
    16 years ago

Hi, Sharon. No worries.

As a relative newbie here, I just want to comment on the quality of boxes I received from members of this group. Whenever I trade, I tried to send more than I receive... just to make sure my trade partner is happy with what he/she receives. I have to say I've failed miserably with trades in this group. Canna, Susie, Gloria, Sharon, and others have sent me boxes that have surpassed anything I could imagine. If these are typical of the type of trade this group does, I'm going to have to work real hard to meet my goal of sending more than I get. So, I thank you for the generous boxes, I apologize for the inadequate boxes I've sent thus far, and I promise to try and do better :-).

Anita,
    I pride myself in using proper spelling, grammer, etc. That's quality Catholic School and UCLA education for ya.
    (oops.. is "ya" a proper English word?)
    I have to say I love getting emails from Gloria... it's like a challenging puzzle trying to decipher what she's saying.. LOL. Just teasing, Gloria. Don't change :).

Happy Tuesday to you all.
    Paul

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi Again Everyone,

Thank you all for accepting Lisa in our family, I have let her know she is officially a TRAVELING DAYLILY ANGEL,

I would like to be the first to welcome her.

(((Lisa)))
    Welcome aboard our crazy ship, as I told you as soon as I have the new version of rules, I will send them on to you, no latter than Saturday (I hope), I will also send the MASTER name list,
    I will be your sponsor:) Although I am sure others will jump at the chance to help you:) If you need anything, DON'T HESITATE to E-mail me, or ask here, as I told you this is a very active group & we get very worried when a Brother or Sister goes AWOL for to long, so please try & post at least once a week if you can. So happy you decided to join us.

:)Anita doing the happy dance, with Mareas maraca's

• veeja11
    16 years ago

I would like to be the second to welcome Lisa, The first to welcome Mellen, I am sure you will all grow to love her as I have. Anita could you please send the above items to Mellen also as I don't have them. ok Seattle it's not an earthquake, carol is doing the happy dance. Welcome Mellen
    hugs Carol

• pchanggeo
    16 years ago

Yay... Welcome Lisa. I look forward to getting to know you.
    Welcome Mellen. I remember you from the Garden Circle Exchange. Glad to have you here.

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

Welcome Lisa and Mellen. We are happy to have newcomers. I hope we will meet and surpass what you expect of this group of great garden people.

I have a favor to ask. I am the current list maker. Which means I keep track of the members information and pass it on to others. Please e-mail me the following information for the membership list. When I have added the two of you I will send you and the other members a new list. We are in the process of updating and committing to record, our group rules. You will receive a copy of this too along with the other members, as soon as the votes are in and tabulated. If you would like to participate in the vote, please let me know and I will forward you an e-mail with the items we are voting on.

Here's the information I need and my e-mail address.
    Debbie/budsnblooms

Your Name
    Mailing Address
    Birthday (Month and Day)
    GW Name
    e-mail address (the one you want all our group e-mails coming to)
    My e-mail is:soper07@bellsouth.net

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi everyone! I know I haven't posted in a while, but things have been very busy and I promise i'll catch up soon.

I wanted to stop by to welcome our newest members, Lisa and Mellen.
    Lisa, I look forward to getting to know you and am very happy to have you as a member of our "family". Jump right in and tell us all about yourself!
    And Mellen, i've seen you around on the RR forum lots of times, and may have even been in a RR with you a while back. I know you are a special person and we are thrilled to have you join us. Won't you please tell us some things about yourself?
    WELCOME LISA & MELLEN!!!!!

Maryanne, I don't think I had a chance to congratulate you yet. How wonderful! I can only imagine how excited you must be. Are you a knitter? Or a crochet-er?

Well, things aren't going my way today, so unfortunately I don't have time to stay and chat. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Hugs to all of you, and an extra hug for the new gals!

~Dawn

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

WELCOME MELLEN AND LISA
    We are a family here, you will grow to love us and hate us at times too. LOL

sharon/tma

• juspeachy
    16 years ago

OK,

I AM HERE TO SAY....

WELCOME LISA, SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU!!!

hope you can manage to keep up with all of us psycos(big grinz)

Jo/juspeachy

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Welcome Lisa and Mellon!

Pull up a keyboard, and open a bag of M&M's! It's a bumpy ride!

Psst...Don't say the "F" word...shhhhh...

• cheerpeople
    16 years ago

Welcome to the Traveling Daylily family Mellen and Lisa!!

We are so happy to have you join us;)
    Karen

• bourret
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Thank you Anita for inviting me into your group! I recognize names of other daylily lovers here: juspeachy, toomanyanimals, brittneysgran, etc.

I'm afraid to add up what I've spent on incoming daylilies this year. So many of the 2006 intros. are gorgeous.

When I get home tonight I'll update my GardenWeb member page so everyone can see what daylilies I have. I won't know for sure yet that everything I planted last year will overwinter. By the end of May I should be able to do an inventory. My fingers and toes are crossed in hopes that I didn't lose anything too expensive.

Later taters!

Lisa
    West Newfield, Maine
    zone 4

• User
    16 years ago

Welcome Lisa & Mellen! Always a pleasure to have another Daylily Angel join our little gardening group.
    Dianne/dian57

• mary_s
    16 years ago

Hi all you fellow daylily lovers!
    A hearty welcome to Mellen and Lisa. I look forward to hearing more about you 2 and possibly trading with you someday!

Well everyone, I do feel much better now! I finally ordered a few hostas this weekend!(oops, dodging the rotten tomatoes)Will it help if I add I also ordered some daylilies??? So many pretty hostas and daylilies, but so little money and space to put them!!!!!! How does one decide? I want them all! I do need to be more selective, but how?

Congratulations to Maryanne and Jo (if I did not say so earlier) A new grandbaby is pretty exciting news! No grand kids yet here yet(that I am aware of)but I am looking forward to that someday.

Well off to make some supper.
    MaryS

• cheerpeople
    16 years ago

I want to welcome you two new kids again- this time with some cool graphics that canna just made for me.
    The colors didn't save quite right
    I hope I don't mess this up!

Well it doesn't appear- I'm doing something wrong.
    Can't remember my photobucket password....so used webashots

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=548352506&photoID=2197317770059033826&security=TMPMbD

Here is a link that might be useful: hope it works

• luvmybulbs
    16 years ago

Hello Lisa and Mellon! Welcome to the Nuthouse! I mean the Traveling Daylily's!

Here is my favorite New Daylily from last year

Golden Compass

{{gwi:1243475}}

I know you guys have seen it before.

I got my box will post later, got to go pick up a clunker of a truck with my man!!

Angie

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Here ya go, Karen!

• veeja11
    16 years ago

I want to be sure I am correct in bidding on 1.00 daylilies that have another members name on them, on these are we not buying outright not bidding against anyone?This better be right or earthly and just peachy may be after me with shot guns. If I am wrong I am sorry
    sorry carol

• mareas
    16 years ago

Lisa & Mellen - WELCOME !! I look forward to getting to know you!
    Carol - look again at those auctions - he has them listed in multiples of 100 so you buy them instantly as have all the other buyers before you....
    I saw a certain granny & a certain 'voices' buying everything he had for sale this morning - had to laugh! And then my fingers found the buy button on 3 of 'em, too, all by themselves!
    Debbie - we have 2 more Munsons! (Thais & Benchmark)
    ~ marea

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

Yeah more Munson's for Marea and me. I must owe you a fortune by now. But no worries, I have that plastic money handy. Thanks Marea, you are just the greatest.

I wanted to tell the rest of you that the people who joined the dvd exchange group are e-mailing back and forth between ourselves and having a teriffic time. Paul is large and in charge, and says any one can join in the fun whenever they want to, you don't have to have joined at the beginning. Really I don't know what size he is, doesn't matter, he is a great guy, after all, he is one of us:0)

Gloria, is your ex-dil feeling any better? I know she has been really sick and you have been worried about her. Any improvement yet?

The voting on the updated rules is going well. So far Jo and I have heard from 20 of you. Thats about 1/2. Remember to make your opinion's count and let us know what you want by casting your ballot or at least expressing yourself.

Welcome again to our newest members Lisa and Mellen.
    Debbie/budsnblooms

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Thought I would stop in before bed,

Glad I did, I see I have spies on my trail, TMA on eBay & ALL of you on the LA:)

Big Warm Welcome To Mellen.:)

Dawn,
    Yes, I confess, Someday maybe, I will have enough to open a Daylily Nursery here, I want to do it in 2008, but I don't know if that is going to happen, TON'S & I mean ton's of work has to be done first.

Carol,
    Yes, you have the right one's.

THEY ARE ADDING MORE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a great night all,
    :)Anita to sleepy to get pooh

• onesherri
    16 years ago

I caught all of you buying those days today. Even had to have a few myself. Mostly ordered for gma. She doesn't know one from the other so 1.00 was right up her alley. :)

Anita, you just wait. When you start running out of room and get selective you will pay more for them. I have gradually gotten to where I want what I want. :)

Speaking of wants.........MEREA, I want that daylily. :)

Angie, beautiful daylily.

Cindy, someone has to guide you. :) Now just have to get it myself. :)

Love everyones graphics. Someday. :)

And I want to welcome our newcomers. Mellen, know your name but don't know how. Did we ever trade?
    Lisa, over 450........wow. You probably don't want to add up what you have spent. :) Sherri

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sherri,

You don't have to wait for "someday" to get graphics. I stayed up past my bedtime just to make these for you.....

Hugs,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

Going to be HIGH 40 today, YES!!!! snow, snow go away!!!!!
    Oh I can't believe we are in March, In no time it will be time to start getting that dirt under my nails again,

Sherri,
    Does this mean I cant have them all:( DH & I have been talking about putting the mutt's up in our field, or neighbor got a new tractor & I know he is willing to make as big of area as I need.
    Room is not an issue, we have 10 acres here & 15 down the road, if I run out of room here, only problem down the road is, it's all wood's DH & DS's hunting spot, I really do no what you are talking about though, the plain Jane ones don't even trip a trigger anymore, it is all this groups fault!!!!!! The more pic's I see the more I want, speaking of which, I need to go check that Lori Goldston on the LA, I sure hope the high bidder is not one of us.

BBL, have to tell you all about my Carnation deal...:)Anita

• onesherri
    16 years ago

Mamabird, those are great, now I just need to know how to use them. :) How do I get them from your post to mine?

Anita, it probably won't be the space , it will be the work that will do it to you. :) I put in two or three new beds last year and when I dug the last one, I swore there would be no more. Especially after I did it, I have almost filled it. Probably room for ten more days in it which I will end up with by spring start. The last two years, I either bought or traded for about a hundred each year. This year there is no way I have that kind of room. So I bought the ones that I really wanted. Not that I got them all or anything. :) But really don't think I can keep up with another bed. Time will tell. :) I guess I have to go check out that Lori Goldstrom.:) Sherri

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Hey Lisa, I see you have Greywoods - yes! We will have to do a trade someday! I have G. Java Illusion and just LOVE it! Don't let Marea see that GREYWOODS PAINTED PONY, save a fan for me. LOL

Anita, The eyes of the Traveling Daylilies watch you where ever you bid! LOL luvmybulbs does have some nice bulbs for sale on ebay!

Debbie and Marea - you are Munson Groupies! I do love my Lexington Ave!

I too, have been watching all of you bid on the $1.00 auctions. So fun to see all the names I know.

Angie, very nice picture, very nice daylily!

Hey, all of you DVD round robin people, please include me in the emails. I've not got a one. {{gwi:1243485}}

I'm going to email Paul now and YELL at him to include my email address on the DVD robin emails.
    To tell the truth, I was surprised no one was talking about all the DVD's they were watching. NOW I know why! LOL
    sharon/tma

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

sharon, your e-mail is always included, they just keep getting bounced back saying your mailbox is full. we keep you in the loop :) your loop is just overfilled.

thanks for the congrats on being a gran. i am just so excited. he's my only child and this is my first grandchild. she's a little bit of a tough egg to crack, but my son loves her dearly. she's warming up though, afterall, i took her to her last ob/gyn appt and i did get to hear the heartbeat and that was just so warm and wonderful.

anita, i do indeed have a copy of the ultrasound picture, it's the first in the album. the clarity is just so amazing.

dawn, no i do not knit, crochet or sew, but i can sure shop -- which someone needs to stop me. i am in the process of putting a nursery together for my house, and i'm almost there. been stocking up on diapers when there is a sale. have my crib, changing table, a beautiful antique rocking chair and so many clothes. my next thing is a carseat and a stroller. i'm sure they will get those things as well, but i want to have my own for when she spends time with me.

carol, it's a dutch auction. you are not outbiddnig anyone, everyone pays the same up until they run out. but thanks for being concerned about that! you are a treat.

welcome lisa, it will be nice to get to know you.

welcome my dear friend mellen...everyone if you don't already know, this lady is exceptional, warm, wonderful and a heart of gold.

angie, that daylily is orgasmic. they are the type i like, with soft outer edges and the deep eyes. so striking.

hello everyone else, hope you are all well.

maryanne

• mellen
    16 years ago

Good morning, Mellen here signing in for the first time to thank you kindly for accepting me into your group. I am very, very appreciate! I just hope that I don't disappoint anyone in anyway. If you are not happy with something that I have said or done, please let me know up front, and I will do my best to correct the situation.

After reading through all of the posts here, I can see that there are a number of old friends here, quite a few people that I recognize having participated in the same robins/swaps, some of you I have traded seeds with, and a few of you are new to me. I am looking to becoming better acquainted with all of you and in forming new friendships.

Now for a little about myself. I have been married to a wonderful guy for almost 31 years. We have no bio children, but we do have a 20 year-old son. He was our foster son at 13, and we all adopted each other when he was 17. I couldn't love him anymore than if I had given birth to him. We are from central Iowa, farmed corn and beans, raised hogs and cattle for 20+ years. We finally gave that up when we decided we weren't at the point in our life with farming where we were hoping to be financially. So 3 years ago, we purchased our dream piece of land--16 acres--from our then landlady and built a new home. We still have a cattle herd plus a dog-Lady-and two cats named Kiki and Precious. I am a middle school special needs teacher and will be completing my 28th year at the end of this school year. I still look forward to coming to work every day.

Of course, like all of you, gardening is what keeps me sane and happy. I have always had a veggie garden and a few flowers all of my married life. I inherited my love of gardening from my dad. But now that we have a place of our own, I am just starting to get the place in shape with a number of flower beds with a variety of flowers. At the moment there is no rhyme or reason to my beds. Last summer I bought a lot of different perennials and just plopped them in the ground wherever there was a bare spot. Many of them really don't belong where I put them. So I will be doing a lot of moving around this summer. Most of my plants including daylilies were purchased last summer so maturity in trading at this point will be an issue IF they made it through the winter, too.

There, I think I have written a whole lot, but I hope that has helped a bit to tell you some about who I am and what I am about. I love joking around and having a good time, but I am also serious, too. I am curious as heck. What are all of you talking about when you are referring to buying $1.00 DL? If you don't mind sharing?

Again, many thanks and have a super, wonderful day! Mellen/Mary Ellen/ME

• pins2006
    16 years ago

Great post, Mellen! Welcome aboard! I can't wait to trade with you.

Lisa, I'm so glad that you are with us, too. It's wonderful to have another new person to trade with.

This has got to be the best group of folks on the internet! I love them all.

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

sniff, sniff, she's gone, sniff, sniff, no more lori, Oh well I am sure another seller will list one:)

Sent Mellen the info on $1.00 dl's

Do any of you grow carnation's?
    I keep trying, but either the weather or the rabbits make sure I have none for the next year.

2-21-06 I placed an order for 15, 3 each of Red Rocket, Ballerina, Joy, Diana & Laced Romeo Oh & a Giant Chinese Lantern I have always wanted, had a coupon thing so my total was going to be $35.93, Thinking, well I did good.....Along comes this sale paper from the same company, 36, YES 36 Carnations for $37.99, all the above 6 each & 6 Gina, Oh was I right on the phone canceling my first order, I don't really think I need 6 of each, but I could not pass up the sale. So next month I will be on the look out for all my new Carnations & my new GCL plant's..

:)Anita
    REMINDER LAST WEEK TO MAIL OUT MARCH SWAP BOX!!!>

• mareas
    16 years ago

Anita - I LOVE dianthus/pinks/carnations & have several growing, some named & some I don't know even the species. Hopefully you can ID them for me when they bloom this summer.

Mellen - Nice to meet you! Our current gardens sound much alike - except most of my hodgepoge of plants are in pots. I was obsessed with sempervivums to the exclusion of anything else except a few roses, figs and my herb garden until a couple years ago after an Ebay buyer told me about GW... Now my semps are sulking behind all the pots of daylilies.

I sent my March box to Gloria on Monday.

Paul - i know what you mean about the boxes from these people! I now understand what generous is.

Debbie - NOT a fortune - I am a bargain hunter and those last two Munson's were only $1.50 a fan incl. shipping. Oops, we now have Munson's 'Doge of Venice' as well at that price. I'm hopeless...

Sharon - 'Lexington Avenue' is what started me up on the Munsons - lush, rich & so floriferous!

I just have to show off my first tropical hibiscus flower! Photo taken through the window of my sdlg that Jo gave me:
    {{gwi:1243487}}
    ~ marea

• onesherri
    16 years ago

Ok Dawn, here goes. :) Directions seem easy enough. Picture is a weasel. But they are in the same family. Probably hard to find a ferret. Can't believe you remembered.:)

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

WELCOME LISA AND MELLEN. Know you both from other garden web sites. Great to have you in this fun group.

I have been hobbling around for two weeks now. Sprained my right ankle playing volleyball. First time that I have gotten injured playing. I plan to buy a brace to help keep it secure during future games. Having tournaments all day Saturday, hope I can last on it.

Paul-I can't believe you said that about your generous swap boxes. I truly loved what I received in the Valentines swap. I found the perfect Precious Moment figurine to stand him by. It is of a little housewife with kids hanging all over her. (Looks like my niece-she has four). Anyway he looks darling standing beside her as an older brother type. Love him, he's so cute. I have got to stay off E-bay. I've been buying them again and no-where to put them. Lord help me.

Anita-I needed those daylilies so bad that I bought on the LA. As I told you I am landscaping our Church so it's going to take alot of flowers for that. Thanks for sharing that info.

Anita, Jo- And anyone else who wanted the $1.00 bearded irises. I plan to contact them soon and get our irises. She said I could get them in the Spring.

Maryanne, Jo -Congratulations on the wonderful news about grandbabies. There is nothing like them. I get to keep my soon to be 2 year old this week-end. His Mom and Dad will be in Pigeon Forge, Tn at a Christian Winterfest gathering. The terrible two's, I hope we all survive.

Gloria------HERE's THE DARE

Subject: second opinion
    The doctor said, Joe, the good news is I can cure your headaches. The bad new is that it will require castration. You have a very rare condition, which causes your testicles to press on your spine and the pressure creates one heck of a headache. The only way to relieve the pressure is to remove the testicles.
    Joe was shocked and depressed. He wondered if he had anything to live for. He had no choice but to go under the knife. When he left the hospital, he was without a headache for the first time in 20 years, but he felt like he was missing an important part of himself. As he walked down the street, he realized that he felt like a different person. He could make a new beginning and live a new life.
    He saw a men's clothing store and thought, That's what I need .... a new suit. That will make me feel a little better." He entered the shop and told the salesman, "I'd like a new suit." The elderly tailor eyed him briefly and said, "Let's see. size 44 long."
    Joe laughed, "That's right, how did you know?"
    "Been in the business 60 years!" the tailor said. Joe tried on the suit ... it fit perfectly. As Joe admired himself in the mirror, the salesman asked, "How about a new shirt?" Joe thought for a moment and then said, "Sure."
    The salesman eyed Joe and said, "Let's see, 34 sleeves and 16-1/2 neck." Joe was surprised. "That's right, how did you know?" "Been in the business 60 years."
    Joe tried on the shirt and it fit perfectly. Joe walked comfortably around the shop and the salesman asked, "How about some new underwear?
    Joe thought for a moment and said "Sure." The salesman said, "Let's see ..... size 36." Joe laughed, "Ah ha! I got you, I've worn a size 34 since I was 18 years old." The salesman shook his head, "You can't wear a size 34. A size 34 would press your testicles up against the base of your spine and give you one heck of a headache."
    New suit -- $400
    New shirt -- $36
    New underwear -- $6
    Second Opinion -- PRICELESS

Shirley

• pchanggeo
    16 years ago

Did someone say bearded iris? Blooming in the back:
    {{gwi:1243491}}

I would love to get some more, but there's no room in my tiny back yard....

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

paul, just gorgeous

shirley, great joke, i'm going to send that on to some folks. as for the iris, please keep me in mind. i would love some more. can never have enough and i have plenty of room left.

i'm working on a "baby" flower bed. buying up stuff that i feel name-wise is appropriate. funny too, because there was a dollar daylily called little nicky, i didn't really like it too much - or at least the picture - but that's my son's name, so i had to get it.

marea, gorgeous hibiscus. last year was my first year to grow them, neighbors loved them as well. hoping they do well for me this year. i always loved rose of sharon and i think they are all in the same family.

anita, i adore carnations. what cmopany is that? the only ones i have were this massive generous bunch that were sent to me from sue (skohler) in her birthday swap last year. i'm hoping to get more. i grew them a while back and the rabbits or groundhog or something ate them and then i ordered some from a mail order nursery a few years back and they never took - but sue's flourish.

the work day is over, i'm off to the flower show. hope to have some decent pictures and get some wonderful ideas.

goodnight all

maryanne