SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth_b_kodiak

UPDATE: Feb updates for Secret Squirrel

beth_b_kodiak
18 years ago

Hi everyone, Keep on posting as you send and recieve packages. Keep that squirrel moving along and remember whatever treat he brings to you, is yours to eat. Just post and let us know what he brought. He is loooking for his favorite snacks. Being a squirrel he'll eat most anything but he does have three favorites that he is looking for.

I'm going on vacation for a week but will be catching up when I get back. Meanwhile, my neighbor will put packages inside for me

Ya'll have a great week.

Comments (108)

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ok...it me, AGAIN!!...I feel like we are all waiting to hear the trials of Carol's Missing UPS box...Well I called the UPS store, and he is calling me back in 10 minutes..so I am just hanging here waiting....
    Just got off the phone with the UPS guy, gave him the CORRECT zip code...(98058) and he will call me again in 30 minutes..
    This is me now:

On my knees BEGGING!!....Yes Carol I know my dog is not as ferocious as yours, but this is still me...ant THIS is another pic of my real dog...

My, my...what BIG teeth he has....
    Perhaps i should join Carol's leprechaun swap...perhaps my box will get there by then! "GGGRRRRrrrr....."

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Ok...UPS store just called again...He says the Zip Code has been FIXED, and the box will be delivered TODAY..."Ha!..Show me..........."

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Feb. 2006 - Garden Circle Exchange Ring

Q

Comments (124)
    Thanks to everyone for the Birthday wishes! I'll say also, it was the big 32 for me. Thanks to Stephanie/Pastvast for the package (which finally arrived yesterday!) this month and the B-day wishes. I received a book called The Cultivated Gardener, which I have a feeling I'm going to love! My pal sent some herb seeds, which I'll be sure to plant, I'm adding more herbs to my veggie garden this year. My pal also sent some seed starting guides, perfect timing since I've gotten behind on getting my seeds started this year and was going to start this week. And last but not least a foot soak (I love pampering myself!), and a BIG chocolate bar! YUM!!! I hope I didn't forget anything, I'm going by memory, and you know how that gets as you get older! ;-) Thanks again Stephanie! It was a wonderful package this month! Thanks to our host, Jeanne/Sandlapper Rose (the person I send to) for the B-day wishes. That was a nice surprise to receive a card (both of them!). And finally, Spring is coming! My crocus are blooming right on schedule again this year with the first bloom opening on my Birthday (Sunday). Can't wait for all those daffodils that are poking through to finally take off!
    ...See More

UPDATE: Secret Squirrel is in the home stretch

Q

Comments (50)
    So glad Nuts arrived okay, Deb! I sent him out before the raging storm hit here so he would be ahead of it on his way to you. We had 3/4 of an inch of ice first followed by 16 inches of new snow. Today is the first that we've been able to get out since Thursday. Nuts brought you a snack I made called "Corn Chip Crunch" besides the butter toffee sunflower kernels (which I thought Nuts might like too). The crunch is something we love here when we get that sweet and salty kind of craving. It's very simple to make. I meant to include the recipe but will post it here in case anyone else might like to try it. Corn Chip Crunch 6 cups corn chips 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup dark corn syrup 1/4 cup butter DIRECTIONS In a large heatproof bowl, combine corn chips and peanuts. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour over corn chip mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250 degrees F for 30-40 minutes; stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto waxed paper; cool. Break apart and store in airtight containers. You can add M & M's after cooling for the chocolate addicts like me! ;) Dee
    ...See More

UPDATE: Feb. Thread for Best Gift Robin 2006

Q

Comments (108)
    Good Morning Good Afternoon and if I don't see ya later Good Night I have nasy nasty weather and the day off WHOO HOO gonna try to run out in between showers to get s few things potted. The Jasmine tea last night was great and very relaxing that paired with a good painkiller and I woke up on the couch this morning still in the sitting position...LOL Oh I was also tired from working all day I used the massager/File last night works great on fingernails too. There are so many great gifts bring sent how in the world will we choose a winner?? maybe a message with all photos in it with a number?? How are you gonna chose? V
    ...See More

UPDATE: Kathy547's Secret Pal Swap....May check-in

Q

Comments (38)
    Hello, All!!! I hope none of you have sent me an email becauce I haven't been able to check my email (if I don't hurry up & get another computer of my own I'm going to scream!). The sister's boyfriend's computer had to be worked on due to the 500+ viruses he had (he blamed email but I told him downloading music could open up a computer for viruses too). Anyway, I'll check it soon, I promise! I received the following from my pal: A very pretty card with "Handmade" on back. SP, did you make it? There's a black & yellow bird on a tree or shrub & it has a red flower. It's very pretty, in fact, I'm putting it in a picture frame. Pal, if you made that yourself I am impressed! I also got a package of dianthus 'Arctic Fire' seeds, which were on my want list. A cute little ladybug magnet, an iris plant, & some floating candles. She also sent a battery-operated, handheld fan, which is most appreciated since it's been so hot here. I wasn't thrilled when it got tangled up in my hair, although it would have been hysterical if it would have happened to someone else (say, my husband or one of the kids!). I also got a box of 50 incense cones with a ceremic incense holder "to keep insects at bay" printed on the box. Again, most appreciated since this is the South & we're plagued by all sorts of insects (& the husband's chickens obviously aren't doing their job). Thank you so much secret pal! I loved everything! Here is who has NOT received for May: Theresan Veeja11 GardenHits Gardnwatch Rudybacon Gulliblevolunteer
    ...See More
  • Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Trish,
    Your dog is adorable! I'm sure he's a sweetie!

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

gotta love your persistence, trish.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

The box is here. stuffed box lots of candy and goodies, a cinnamon bun jar candle, a butterfly garden hanging basket kit, a seed saver book pretty flower calendar, a silver wolf key chain a beautiful 1000 piece wolf puzzel floral memo pad fairy journal, I am sure I forgot something this was box 2 & 3 in one boy what a box 5 pkts of seeds in a beautiful wolf card. ups guy was old and not cute but box was wonderful. thankyou Trish I love it all hugs carol

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

...this is me, FINALLY doing the "happy feet dance" !! I was afraid to come on line and look here....Carol, I am happy you are happy..believe me am i happy..!! Your darn box finally arrived..sorry the ups guy wasnt a cutie..it would it made it a better wait!.......Now I am off to bed..A great big

To you Carol, for your patience, and for making me smile :)
    Nite to all.
    Trish

• mellen
    18 years ago

You two are a HOOT!!! Dance, dance, dance!!!!!!!!!! I think we are ALL happy that Dancingmoons dilemmna is over and that Carol got her box. Dance, dance, dance, Mellen (Doing Number 1 angel's happy dance)

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Carol says.....

• skohler
    18 years ago

ok I think I might have a small problem or goof up .
    trish I sent your 3rd box on feb 15

Label/Receipt Number: 0305 1720 0002 5542 9409

Your item was delivered at 9:54 pm on February 17, 2006 in SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104.
    it said it went to springfiel ma but it has on my conf # zip code as 06460 & you are in ct right ???
    so why has this box been delivered to the above addy ???
    I hope that maybe that is a town next to you ???

sure hope I've not lost a box . actually the po lost it maybe .

hope to hear from you this weekend .
    thank you
    susie
    also the squirrl pouch is on the way also to Ia :))

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Ohhh.....Susie, I am sorry...I DO NOT live in Sprinfield, Mass...something went wrong (so what else is new?) You DO have the correct zip code for me, 06460
    I cannot imagine how the package got delivered to Mass. It is about 2 hrs north of me..It was also delivered very late at night for postal service..10 pm?? how odd...I know what you are feeling, as you all know what i went through with UPS and Carol's box...I also went to the postal web site, and checked the tracing...Yes, postal service goofed up....NOT YOU!! (Your other boxes arrived here just fine) I am sorry for you, and the hassle...Please dont worry too much:.....Keep a smile on :)

I am sure it can be fixed!...Besides, I thought we were done with our swap, so this is a surprise for me.. I just ran around outside, and there is no box, ( No harm in checking right?)
    Relax...(like i did! LOL!)
    It will all turn out fine :)
    Blue Skies
    Trish

• veeja11
    18 years ago

After all this, fun I would like my pal to know box #3 will go out tuesday. hang in there Trish. the sun will shine or at least that is what they keep telling us here in rainy freezing seattle, good puzzle weather although my personal best is 200 pieces, We will do it tho dh says no problem.
    hugs, hang in there my new friend. Mellen, need pic of you doing angels happy dance.Carol

• dancingmoons_gmail_com
    18 years ago

Well..Carol
    ....this is the best i can do...
    Hubby and I are going out to dinner (?) hmmmmm...thats a new one...gotta go get ready...I hope you enjoy the puzzle Carol, thats one of the gifts my daughter picked out, along with the keychain...Your DH is right, you'll get it done!
    Trish

• mellen
    18 years ago

The pic of me doing the happy dance would be better left to the imagination rather than to seee the real thing, okay? Nuff said! Mellen

• veeja11
    18 years ago

We all know you are beautiful Mellen. Trish come on over and join the leprechaun swap, we would love to have you. Tell your daughter, I love both the gifts she picked out.everything was great and your persistance was unbelievable. thankyou hugs carol

• skohler
    18 years ago

trish I will check out on tuesday to what is going on
    I hope anyway I can get some answers .maybe springfield addy is a post office & then you might get it on tuesday
    lets keep our toes crossed :)) my fingers are to cold right now . just came in from out side :(( burrrrr .

susie

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Back at the beginning of this game,someone gave SS his Number One Favorite treat, Peanut M&Ms. I've been waiting to see if he got the other two that are on his list. So far neither has been posted and we are getting low on players.
    The prize has been mailed for the M&Ms and I'll give a tiny hint on the other two items. One is store bought and the other is homemade and both contain...... what else.... nuts.
    Not much of a hint maybe but I'm thinking that if no one guesses this time around, we could try again next year. I can keep a secret and I know SS doesn't say much. (Not like the Bush Beans dog) He just keeps those shiny eyes open and looks for things to eat.

• skohler
    18 years ago

Gee BEth I forgot to guess when I posted forgot all about it but my guess would be peanut BRITTLE :)))

I know I do :)))
    susie

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

>> SUSIE!!!....Guess what?? Your box mysteriously arrived last nite!! Yippie!!...No worries now :)..
    I have not got a clue as to how it got from Springfield, Mass, to me in Connecticut!?!?!...Overnight?
    ...Hubby and I went out to dinner last night and got home around 9:30 pm, and there it was, on my front porch!..

(It was not there when we went out, as we went out the same way we came in)
    ...I need to thank you so much for the goodies! I got,
    A big bag of Large Mixed nuts, Orange delight Suet for my outside birdies.. Twix bars, M&M's..Little fuzzy kitty cat balls, which my Yorkshire terrier thinks are his! LOL!!..Plastic seed baggies (I was desperate for these!) And the sweetest thing ever, A Small hardcover book called, "365 Day Brighteners, to warm your home"...The best ever!! ...I will start my day now with a cup of coffee, and reading my book, with my "brightener" for the day...Susie that was so very thoughtful of you, as were all of the gifts you sent me, in all the boxes!!!...So now, take a deep bteath, and realx..All is well!!
    Thanks again!!

Trish
    "DancingMoons"
    P.S.
    Beth, this has been a great swap!! thanks for hosting it, hope the traveling squirrel makes his way back to you safe & sound!

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Beth I guess I dropped the ball on this one but my guess for store bought would have to be birdfood, how many people go to extreme lengths to keep squirrels out of their birdfeeders! Wish I had thought to put some in one of your boxes for your furry friends:(

I'm thinkin' I just may have to get one more box out, I still have a couple of ideas....(Maybe I should have read that squirrel book before I mailed it huh, lol)

I really do hate to see this robin end, it has just been soooooooo much fun and I don't know when I've racked my brain so hard for just the right gifts! I tarrrrd! lol jk
    We have to do this one again sometime!

Thanks again for hosting this great robin and congrats. for having a super group of squirrely friends! And thanks so much including lil ole me! I've had a nutty time!

Diane

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Everybody has been sending such great packages to their squirrley buddies this had been a blast.
    Whatever snacks you put in with the squirrel when he visited you were counted as your guessses. Figured you gave him stuff you thought he would like. I know he has found stuff on his travels that he never had before and some may become new favorites.
    I wonder how many miles he will have gone by the time he gets home? It does not sound like he got homesick at all. Wondering if he will make it to the end of his trip by the end of the month.

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

HE'S HERE!!! Will post more later!
    Jeanette

• skohler
    18 years ago

Beth this was fun will start staching away for our next one :)))
    thanks everyone for sharing your goodies :))

susie

jeanette so glad it arrived . we have no mail here today.

• skohler
    18 years ago

TRISH
    I'm So Happy the box got to you a ok :)) I was really worried must has been a good fairy watching over the box :))) & good person to bring it back to you :)))
    thank you for letting me know .

susie

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Ok--My goodies included--mm&mm's twix bars-chocolate bars-assorted nuts--nutterbutter cookies--and a really cute bank!! Thank you Susie!! I will pack him up and send him out tomorrow--He is eager to get home to Beth--just has a couple more stops--he seems worn out(floppy)-though happy and well fed!!
    Beth--what a GREAT winter robin!!!! Thanks for letting me play!!
    Jeanette

• mellen
    18 years ago

Beth, my third and final package is on its way to my pal. Mellen

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

My guess for the 'other' nutty favorite peanut treat is-----
    Maple Nut Goodies---or----Circus Peanuts--???????????

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Sent my final pkg out to my pal this morning, watch out for the packing peanuts. Angel what direction is squirrel going in?

• mellen
    18 years ago

Another package from Jeanette arrived sometime along--I just can't tell you when for sure. It was outside the front door which we haven't used for the past week. The lady who cleans our house was here today, and she was shaking rugs out the front door and found the box. Jeanette, I love you, too!!! Yes! What way awesome seeds!!! I can hardly wait to plant the climbing spinach. I plan to start some inside--in the Jiffy 7 mini-greenhouse that you included-and then plant throughout the summer. How about you? I also really like the viola and pansy seeds. I really got a good laugh when I looked at the little carton containing the melon seeds. Or as you crossed out and put MELLEN seeds. Too funny!!! Thanks so much. The garden stake with the dragonfly is VERY cute. The California trail mix looks delicious, and the maxi mix that you sent tastes great! Where do you buy that? Now the gift that really makes me giggle is the red, hairy thing with red feet, eyes, and big red lips. When you press right below its lips, it makes this loud smooching sound then says in this cute little voice, "I LOVE you!" Well, I love IT!!! Jeanette, you have been the very best pal. Your gifts are so fun and thoughtful. They always make me smile, but they make me feel very special, too. I am so thankful to you, my friend. Thank you a thousand times for everything! Melon/Mellen

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

MaryEllen--So glad you liked everything!!! I couldn't figure out why you didn't have it yet!!! Your 'kissy guy' was supposed to be there for Valentines day!!! 'He' probably has lots of kisses stored up for you!!!! The maximix is from HyVee--I liked it too!!
    CLEANING LADY??? la-ti-da!!! Hahahaha!!!
    You ARE very special my friend--I really enjoyed putting the boxes together for you!!
    Better get back to work now
    Hugs
    Jeanette

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

A Double Dose of Squirrel Surprises today!!!

First of all, thank you to Beth for hosting this and for the "prize" I got in today's mail. It is a wonderful painted gourd that has a squirrel design on it (oak leaves, acorns, and the whole bit!) It is lovely and I will be sure to put it out where everyone can see it. There is a little cup insert and I am thinking it's a snack holder. I might even tuck a tiny plant inside and use it that way. In looking at the design, I think some of this may have involved that wood burning tool as well. Had one of those at one time and could never figure out how to use it. Anyway, what a great prize! I sure wasn't expecting anything like this. I'm so glad it made it here without breaking or getting cracked or anything. Have just heard a lot about packages having problems lately.

Secondly, a big thank you to Carol for the wonderful box from her that arrived today. Carol, you surely have a squirrel who "squirrels away" lots of stuff! Carol wrote a little story about how the items were connected with her squirrel. So cute. Anyway, I got candles and bath products, and seeds, and candy, and a watering device, and a key chain with a pink monkey on it (LOL), and a memo pad, and cider mix and hot cocoa mix, a notebook set (great size to carry in your purse), and a larger notebookwith calla lilies on the cover. I have started growing calla lilies and find them really interesting. Anyway, that notebook is the size I like to use to record my business mileage so it will go to good use as well. I hope I remembered to list all of it. Carol, thank you so much. You have done a great job with what you sent. Who would have known that those squirrels hide so many things in their nest!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Glad you liked your box, the packing peanuts are unsalted one's the squirrels like. my squirrel loves them. I have a squirrel feeder that you have to open the top to get in. She won't go in for squirrel food, only for the peanuts. This has been a fun swap. thankyou Beth. I keep a closet full of squirreled away stuff. see sale and buy lots then shop there for swaps. since there are no prices there I have trouble staying on the target price, but this one didn't put a price on squirreled stuff so I loved it, I for one think you should have a spring, summer fall and winter squirrel swap Thankyou Beth. hugs carol

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Jeanne, I was concerned about your prize arriving safely too so I did insure it. Don't usually bother but this seemed worth it. Glad you are pleased. It was advertised as a "Vase" though I think it would make a better planter for a small vine or something like that. Guess it could be for snacks too if you are not very hungry. LOL
    Carol it is looking like I might be on the road a lot this summer so I won't be hosting anything much for a while. Still want to do the "bored outa my gourd" seed swap but so far can't get the gourd seeds I usually use. I'll post more about my potential travels as details work out. I'm trying to visit all 49 states and only have afew left to do.

• sandlapper_rose
    18 years ago

Carol, I'm glad you mentioned the peanuts - I should have thought to mention that. Instead of the styrofoam peanuts, Carol packed the box using real peanuts. That was a perfect idea for this round robin! (Also, when I posted earlier I don't think I mentioned the cute little pin that looks like a violet. I found it and didn't want you to think it got misplaced.)

Thanks again, ladies!

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

Hi =)

My third package came from Ms. Mellen last Friday, I had a feeling it was you ;)
    Mellen sent me a bunch of nutty snax, including "Sunny Seed Drops" which are chocolate covered sunflower kernels. Mmmmmmmm chocolate! My son stole the Reeses bites from me, never got a chance to open them! She also sent a squirrely page from an activity book, my friends little ones will enjoy this =) Mine are 13 and 16, and have outgrown coloring, but my friends youngest is 6, he will love it =) He also loved the Chicken Little sticker book, and says thank you!
    Mellen also sent an adorable little carved stone squirrel, I just need to find a name for him =) And there was a cake of peanut delight suet for the birds, thanx!

And thanx again to Beth for hosting, this was so much fun!
    Shannon

• mellen
    18 years ago

Shannon, I thought you probably had me figured out. The little squirrel came from a shop in Kansas City's Crown Plaza. DH had been in KC for the week for work, and I drove down on a Friday to join him for some R and R. Did you try the box of Peanut butter pillow thingys? I had no idea what they were let alone if they were any good. Those and the chocolate covered sunflower seeds came from the Made in Missouri store.

Beth, thanks for hosting a fun swap. Looking forward to it next year again. Mellen/Mary Ellen P.S. I also put a Baby Ruth candy bar in her box just in case that is what "the squirrel" is looking for. :) ME

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The plan was for foods to count as a "GUESS",only, if you actually gave it TO SS when he was visiting you. If you packed it up and sent it along in his box to the next person it counted as a guess. Regardless, no one has sent or received either of Squirrel's other two favorites. That is surprising but fine with me.
    Now, for me...a baby ruth bar would be a winner. Almost every night that I worked in Kodiak I went to the snack machine for a Baby Ruth bar. If I ever got anything else from the machine it was because the Baby Ruth slot was empty.Nice try there Mellen. You get my vote.

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Well--as usual--life happened thursday and I didn't get the squirrel in flight as planned--but he is flying out today in 60 degree sunshiny weather!!! March coming in like a lamb??? Watch out!!!!
    Beth--thanks for hosting--you'll find a little something in the box for you!!
    Had a great time playing with you all!!
    Heads up Mellen--keep checking that front door :)
    Jeanette

• mellen
    18 years ago

I hear ya, number 1. Is it a bigger sized box? I'm sure that is why yours wasn't in the mailbox, although we do have a larger than normal mailbox. Can't wait to get it! Mellen

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Yep--it's a bigger box again!! You will probably be sitting out on the porch--sunning yourself and having the cleaning lady fan you while you sip on a 'lemonade' when it arrives anyway-hahahahahaha--Isn't this weather unbeliveable????
    It normally blizzards on my b-day---might miss it this year!! Post when ya get it!!
    Catch ya later :)
    Jeanette-aka-number_1_angel

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OK, Miss Jeanette when is Your BD? And, Mellen how far do you live from Jeanette? I discovered last fall that Iowa is a bigger place than I thought it was. I knew it grew great corn but it seems to grow some pretty great people too.

• mellen
    18 years ago

Beth, by the great people, you must be talking about me, and the corn must be Jeanette. Right?!?!? I live about 3 1/2 hours drive from Council Bluffs. From Des Moines, I live 50 miles north on I35 and 15 miles east. Yes, our state is larger than you would think. And not really as flat as most people think, either. Yes, there are flat places around the state, but also many nice, small rolling hills. Plus some of the best dirt in the whole world.

Oh, by the way, I received the squirrel box today. Just thought I'd bring that up here. :) Jeanette, thanks for the squirrel. Gee, I hope you got one, too. My friend, where DO you find these treasures? I do love it because it came from you! Jeanette also sent the following nuts still in the shell: Brazil, almond, English walnut, pecan, and hazelnut. She also included more peanuts--except these are the larger orange candy ones that are shaped like peanuts plus more Reese's PB cups. Besides all of this, she sent Hershey's n' more creamy fudge, caramel, and marshmallow cookie bars. Yummmm mmmmmmmmmm.....Thanks so much, number 1 angel. I won't be able to get this box out til Thursday, but I will let you know when it goes. Thanks for a VERY fun swap, Beth, Jeanette, and everyone! Mellen

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Mellen----EXCUSE ME??????????? Corny??? ME!!!!???? Guess it's a good thing you are 3 and a half hours away!!!! Ok, I confess I am corny AND I'M GREAT PEOPLE TOO!! Glad you enjoyed your goodies--love having you for a partner!!!

Hi Bethy!! My b-day is on the 8th--so look out--maybe we will get rain instead of a blizzard this year--we sure need it!! The geese are flying north and honking all the way--they are a better indicater of spring than the groundhog!!!
    Makes me want to 'get my hands dirty'!!! 68 degrees today!!!
    Better get back to work--stuck inside and pouting:(
    Jeanette

• mellen
    18 years ago

Well, the squirrel is all packed up with lots and lots of goodies and will be scampering on its way out of my house on Thursday to its next to last stop. Wonder where that will be? The DC# is:

0305 1720 0001 3914 3674

Thanks for a great time, Beth and Jeanette!(one of the GREAT PEOPLE of IOWA)

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Okay squirrel is here, cute squirrel and candy from angel, which candy in the box is for me? I also got a depend from Mellen, hope this dosen't make you run short, thankyou for not sending a used one. There is a seperate bag with the squirrel and his treats, do I add to this and send it on to Beth?

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Carol, whatever candy or treats were packed in with the squirrel are supposed to be for you. Candy from Angel should have been for Mellen You list what they are and if there is one of the SS's favorite snacks then Mellen will win the next prize. Unless Angel put it in there????Now, I'm getting confused again.
    The depends definately is NOT on his list. You and Mellen can share that between the two of you. I hope neither of you run out. Did you know that Diarrhea is hereditary?
    Squirrel and his box of treats started out quite small, just a tad over a pound, including the squirrel and the box. I do hope he has not gained too much weight. He was supposed to run it off scampering all over the country. Sounds like he had some houses where he had to sit in high places to avoid the pooches. Probably made him feel right at home. Chips is missing him and will share whatever treats he brings home.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

cool I thought everyone else got candy from their pal and I got a depend. okay from Mellen I got cashews, sugar daddy sucker,sugar babies, two chocolate nut brownies,2 kit kats, 2 twix a mini butterfinger, a nut roll and 2 chick-o-sticks. I shared with DH, he wanted cashews but I made him wait until I was sure they were mine.Thankyou Jeanette 3 Hersheys smore type candy bars, a cut squirrel, couple reeses cups one rollo, one hersheys kiss 4 rock hard orange circus peanut candies, I broke 4 teeth, thankyou angel especially loved my squirrel. tiyli wants beths squirrel so she is up high . If she started out a he, one of the dogs gave him a sex change it is now a she. hugs chubby carol

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh Dear, I always thought Nuts was a "he" squirrel. Well he's getting old and mybe he won't remember. Sounds like some fun treats for you and DH but "No cigar" for Mellen
    The rock hard circus peanuts sound perfect to me. That's the only way I ever eat them, and those ishy squishy Easter Peeps too. Open the package , let sit for two or three weeks and they are just right. Now, what was the "cut squirrel" from Angel? Was it skinned and ready to fry or was it something else that the dogs had operated upon??

• veeja11
    18 years ago

It was a cute squirrel lost the e. her name is nutsie now sounds more femine, will chip still like her? hugs carol

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

oh my God, i am dying here reading these posts. i was thinking i was needing my depends and mellen sent one to carol. i just love it. laughter leaks :)

this has been a fun swap beth. i'm getting real curious what the other treat might be.

i heard my grandbaby-to-be's heart beat and we found out she's a girl. she better like gardening, that's for sure.

hope everyone is well.

maryanne/earthly

• number_1_angel
    18 years ago

Beth--please start a new post--this takes forever to load--but I don't want to miss anything--so keep checking--now just you nevermind about Caorl's little 'squirrelly' friend-you will see all soon enough!!
    Jeanette