SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

NEW: 2014 theme garden swap

Michelle Reynolds
10 years ago

Hello
I dont remember when this swap started but several of us have hosted it before, I will do my best with it this year.

#1 post a list of up to 5 theme gardens you have or want to have. ex: patriotic, cottage, verigated, zoo garden and so on.

#2 please mark seeds for the player they go to.

#3 send stamps or $ to cover return shipping.

#4 please inclose your screen name, full name and address in your envie.

#5 if you want DC# please let me know and include $ for it.

#6 please no pre paid postage stickers some times they will not accept them.

#7 have fun with this one

sent by Feb 10th

well I think thats all

players
============================================
#1 micyrey/michelle
- humming bird garden( red flowers/flowers hummers like)
- sunny side up ( sunflowers, yellow and orange flowers)
- caterpillar bar ( anything butterfly caterpillars like, have common milkweed, any others welcome )
- herbs galore ( any herbs)
# 2 poisondartfrog/alana

1. Hib, Hib, Hooray! Hibiscus and their relatives (family Malvaceae) including Alcea, Abutilon, Sida, Sidalcea, Gossypium, Lavatera, Anoda, Malva and a thousand or so other genera.

2. "Oranges poranges, who says there ain't no rhyme for oranges." (Witchiepoo)
Pale apricot/peach through citrus orange through burnt sienna, flowers, fruits, foliage.

3. The Sky is falling! Plants with poultry references in any of their names. (chickens, turkeys, geese, ducks, pheasants, etc. Also egg words like ova, yolk, etc)

4. Green Acres. Plants with green flowers or foliage that is mottled, variegated, marked or highlighted by various shades of green, or other colors.

5. Miss Lottie's Marigolds. All shapes, colors, forms, species, both annual and perennial Tagetes.

=============================================
# 3 yotetrapper

For all my themes all plants are welcome: veggies, annuals, perennials, etc.

1) The Sunny Southland - Plants historically found in a southern garden. Plants with any words related to the south such as dixie, rebel, southern, confederate, or the names of any of the southern states. Whatever, get creative.

2) Civil War - North or south. Yankee, rebel, generals or presidents names, civil war era plants, again, whatever, not picky.

3) Jack and the beanstalk - any (heirloom only please) pole beans, any plants referencing the name jack

4) Moaning the blues - True Blue flowered plants

5) Snow White - White flowers of any sort for a moonlight garden.

#4 pinkiris/jayeanne

1. "PINK Southern Belle" viewing anything PINK in her gardens... foilage, flowers, fruit, be creative!

2. "Snow White" vs. "Batman"- WHITE and/or BLACK flowers/foliage of any sort...Rather than cast gloom, these plants can add mystery, depth, and sophistication to the garden.

3. Moaning the blues - True Blue flowered plants

4. Green Acres. Plants with green flowers or foliage that is mottled, variegated, marked or highlighted by various shades of green, and or other colors.

5. Civil War - North or south. Yankee, rebel, generals or presidents names, civil war era plants, again, whatever, not picky.

For all my themes everything is welcome: veggies, herbs, annuals, perennials, etc...

#5 roper2008
Hummingbird Haven- Flowers that hummers like.

Bird Buffet- Flowers that birds eat the seed.

Fragrant Delight- Fragrant Flowers

Got Fruit- Fruit seeds

Late Bloomers- Flowers that bloom in the fall.

#6 sandlapperose/jeanne

1. Pretty in Pink (plant with pink flowers, fruit, or even on the leaves)

2, Healthy Eating (plant with a healthy or food related name or any fruit, veggie, or herb)

3. A Walk in the Park (words relating to a park or exercise - like "running" beans)

4. The Wizard of Oz (lion, ruby, slippers, Emerald City, witch, Kansas, etc.)

5. Cafe au Lait (coffee, brown, cream, milk, white, beige)

#7 jayene

1 The Best Medicine - Plants with healing properties; plants with silly names or those that might invoke thoughts of laughter/laughing/happiness

2 Memory Garden - Shades of blue & purple; those whose names include Carolyn (Carol), Charlene, sister, Sis, Sissy, friend; any with feline related names; those with cannabis-like foliage or other 'hippie'-ish plants

3 Dark 'Poison' - Black, brown, purple or other dark fruited tomatoes

4 Pucker Up - Flowers in lemon-yellow (my most favorite color) or that smell of lemons

5 Sniff This - Plants with extremely fragrant flowers or foliage

# 8 beth-B

1)Cutting garden, anything I can cut and tuck into a vase or little basket. This ranges from the shortest little French Marigolds to the tallest Russian Sunflowers. I see this in my mind as a riot of colors, even some I don't generally like.LOL, I bought the cutting garden assortment from Botanical Intrests but I'll try most anything in this one.
2)A Potager, We don't even have a house yet but I want to start this ASAP. I have started rhubarb, asparagus and grape vines from seed already as these are slow starters. Any herbs or small veggies are welcome.What else goes in this one? I love the word, Potager and pictures that I have seen make this seem like perfect garden for me.

#9 jensyen
1. Now We're Cooking- Herbs, Vegetables and Fruit seeds. ex. Basil, beans, tomatoes
2. You're Grounded For Life!- Plants that grow close to the ground. ex. Moss Rose & Creeping Thyme
3. Reseeding Heirline - Heirloom plants that reseed. ex. Snapdragons, Foxgloves Dahlias & Petunias.
4. Sleeping Beauties- Seeds for perennials. They 'go to sleep' and come back in the Spring. ex. Bee Balm & Bleeding Heart
5. Jeepers Creepers - Pretty vines that creep along fences etc. ex. Cardinal Vine & Morning Glory

#10 lovesblooms

No tree, shrub, bulb, or veggie (unless ornamental) seeds please.

1. Simply Splendid--anything with the word "splendens" in its scientific name
2. The New Green--plants with foliage that is anything but plain green (variegated with green is fine)
3. South of the Border--common or Latin names from or associated with countries south of the US, including Mexico, Central and South America, and the Caribbean
4. Hot, Hot, Hot!--common or Latin names with or associated with fire (ex. flame, heat, sparks, blaze, etc., but not sun, stars, or candles)
5. Royal Roots--with common or Latin names associated with royalty (ex. regal, royal, queen, king, prince/princess, crown, cloak/cape, jewels, etc.)

# 11 browneyedsusan

Here are my themes:
Oh Deer! -Deer-resistant perennials or annuals for sun or shade
Red, White and Blue- for a patriotic garden
What’s in a name?- plants with John, Jeremy, Nathan or Rebecca in their names
Buried Treasures- plants that produce bulbs, tubers or rhizomes
Dixie Chicks- plants for the South(east), native or not.

#12 paperfinch
Tea Garden
-Salad Garden
-Herb garden
-Allium Garden

#13 hibiscusfan
1. Green Thumb-green or partially green flowers.

2.Ebony and Ivory- flowers that are black or white or nearly black or white.

3. Pink Pleasures

4. See Them!-Sedums and low growing plants.

5. Red Hat Ladies.

#15 gee-oh-nyc

Just getting in under the wire here...
1) Shady Grove- plants that thrive in the shade
2) Workhorse- long-season flowering plants
3) Basil the Great- different kinds of basil
4) Short n' Sweet- compact flowering plants
5) Best in Show- your personal or family favorite.

This post was edited by micyrey on Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 18:13

Comments (113)