SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purpleacres

NEW: Acres Edible Swap # 11

purpleacres
12 years ago

Howdee,

Another year really? Wow seems like just yesterday I was canning the last of the tomatoes and here we are with Christmas and New Year over.. Hmm what to do what to do? I could look through that mountain of seeds catalogs again. Isn�t there something I should be doing? Hhhmmm THAT it! IT�S SWAP TIME!!

This will be the 11th year of this swap. Last year we had 38 people involved. Thats 38 people sending in seeds and most all of them sent in 50 packs of seed that with all the freebies its close too 2000 seed packs. it�s a lot of work but I actually look forward to hosting this swap each year.

A few weeks ago I had a hysterectomy so I am going to keep this swap mellow. Doctor said light duty due to issues I have been having so I have plenty of time to sort seeds.

NOW THE RULES

All seeds must produce edibles. (standard veggies, herbs and fruits found in a standard edible garden). If you are unsure if its edible please ask.

All seeds must be clearly marked and packed correctly.

All seed packages should contain enough seed to try out that particular edible. (If you send in packs with 5 seeds in them you will received packs back with 5 seeds in then. I MAKE THIS SWAP FAIR or try hard too!!!

You will receive at least the amount of packages you send in most likely more.. actually you definitively more.

You must attach the correct amount of postage to the self addressed stamped bubble mailer or address labels and stamps to get the mailer back to you.

You must send your full name on the mailer , mailing address, garden web name and email address on a enclosed note. This helps me a lot. I like knowing who sent me stuff.

One person must not send in more than 3 copies of one certain seed.

One person must not send in more than 50 seed packages. Extras will be used as freebies.

all mailers are due at my house by January 31th. Packages will be filled in order of arrival.

There is NO cut off day to join this swap. If you can get me your mailer by the 31th your good :)

All mailers will leave my house headed back to you by February 13th.

PLEASE NOTE! I am not requiring lists this year. No seed wish list no seed sent list. it�s a swap and need to be fun.. Lists are not too much fun. Helpful but not much fun. If you want to send list its totally ok with me but not required.

Sorry for all the rules it just makes a better swap. A better swap is a fun swap. So lets have fun.

Acres

Please post here if interested and make sure I have your email address so I can email you my postal address.

Comments (54)