SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

UPDATE: Valentine's Day Swap Cupid is out doing his magic!

hummingbirddaisy
18 years ago

Against my love shall be as I am now

Against my love shall be as I am now,

With Time's injurious hand crush'd and o'erworn;

When hours have drain'd his blood and fill'd his brow

With lines and wrinkles; when his youthful morn

Hath travelled on to age's steepy night;

And all those beauties whereof now he's king

Are vanishing, or vanished out of sight,

Stealing away the of his spring;

For such a time do I now fortify

Against confounding age's cruel knife,

That he shall never cut from memory

My sweet love's beauty, though my lover's life:

His beauty shall in these black lines be seen,

And they shall live, and he in them still green.

William Shakespeare

(1564 - 1616)

Pal's List:

DebbyA is sending to

Mellen who is sending to

dancingmoons who is sending to

Laurk who is sending to

myohhmy who is sending to

hummingbirddaisy who is sending to

amybabyboy3 who is sending to

lunamom who is sending to

irish_rose_grower who is sending to

jesslovesreg who is sending to

ilovefarac who is sending to

purplefirefly who is sending to

veeja11 who is sending to

snyder who is sending to

garden_fever_girl who is sending to

gardeningmomof3 who is sending to

thereas24 who is sending to

Suebo who is sending to

sweetkitten51 who is sending to

MargeC who is sending to

rosebud_2050 who is sending to

giverny4me who is sending to

uptreasa who is sending to

djm906 who is sending to

DebbyA.

Post here when you send and when you receive, and of course to say hi!

XXX OOO XXX OOO

Tina

Comments (119)

• veeja11
    18 years ago

okay lot's of potential deadbeats whats up???

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Here is a little fairy...hopefully she can help your packages find their way on your special day :)

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: obf valentine part 2

Q

Comments (150)
    Evening ladies.. Ok Remy I knew I forgot something. The Surise Seranade Morning Glory... Thanks so much.. It was on my want list.. Sue sent me the cutest pillow with our logo on it.. it is pink with pink hearts on it.. I love it.. she also sent me a gfct for DL and splish splash geranium in the spring.. So I have some cool things to yak about.. First I took some seeds off my spirea blue and put them in a baggie to see what I would get, I mean I didn;t even take off the chaff (sp) I just stuck them on a coffee filter, and I think that there are about 50 little sprouts.. I stuck the whole darn filter in some dirt.. I am not even sure why, because I really don't want anymore blue spirea, but that is pretty neat.. So I am trying it with Snow Queen clemtis and Ann Marie (the coolest variagated clem). Second, Springhill (which I am not fond of their plants all all the time) but they sent me a cat. with a $25.00 free offer on the front.. Problem is I ended up ordering just a touch over which I swore I would not do, but that new blue toad lily.. WOW!! So if you don't get the cat. maybe sign up over the net and see if you get it in time for the offer.. Ps.. Dizzy and Giverny win the lotion by the way... SO... For a stone pink and grey necklace (can't think of the stones right now, but I will..) What is my middle name. Please remember that if you have won in the past contest, please let someone else have a chance :) Good luck Laura
    ...See More

NEW: Valentine's Day Swap!

Q

Comments (73)
    Purplefirefly, you have until the 7th of Feb. to send out. So, you should have enough time to add the seeds! You can send anytime you like up until that date, which I hope everyone can have their boxes mailed by then because our mail has been just awful since a few weeks before Christmas. Hoping that getting it out a week prior to Valentine's day will give our packages plenty of time to reach our pal's. I am going to start a new thread. I am going to post the "pal's list there as well. Watch for the update on Cupid! XXX OOO XXX OOO Tina
    ...See More

NEW: Petal Pushers Valentine Swap 09

Q

Comments (150)
    Susie I'm going to guess......Bearded Iris! LOL and of course CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WIN! Yes, I'm getting excited about ordering our iris. We are going to be digging like gophers when all these plants come in. I checked back at the USPS track and confirm and this is what it says for Vic's box: Label/Receipt Number: 0307 0020 0000 3240 1374 Status: Notice Left We attempted to deliver your item at 4:06 PM on February 27, 2009 in BILLINGS, MT 59106 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. I'm sorry I was the last one to send out, and I hope she likes what I've sent. I also sent out the goodie bags in large bubble envies so maybe Lisa and Susie will get them today. Oh yes, Fran your bracelet was mailed out the same day along with the Margaret's Magazines. In a few weeks I'm going to be working day shift from 9-5 with week-ends off for a while. The day manager is due to deliver her baby on March 30th, and she says she is working up to her delivery date. LOL.... we'll see. I told them no, but they kept asking me to do it. To be honest I don't know how people get everything done that needs to be done with only 2 days off. I like my long stretch off work every other week, and I've been a nite owl for so many years this will be an adjustment for me. It is not like I sleep in late when I'm off. I just might not comb my hair til noon. :O):O):O) Vic, I'm sorry I was slow getting your package out. LIFE IS GOOD, Annie
    ...See More

new: incredible heirlooms-feb. cupids heirlooms swap

Q

Comments (53)
    Hi Patti! Kathy will give us each a partner. And you and your partner send seeds and swap to each other only. It is not like the tomato swap where you need to send your seeds to a host. Actually, this is how we usually do swaps here at IE, with partners. The tomato swap was an exception. It is really fun swapping with a partner! Hope this helps! Happy you joined! Christy
    ...See More
  • hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have to make this quick. I just got home from the hospital. Long story short...
    I almost lost my husband yesterday. I won't be on here much for the next couple of days, but please be assured that I will take care of the "NO SHOWS". For those of you who have not send, nor posted why, be ashamed. It only takes 30 seconds to post. I just did!
    To the ones with no Valentine's, please accept my sincerest apologies, and I WILL make this right.

Tina

• uptreasa
    18 years ago

Tina, I'm so sorry about your husband. I pray he will be OK. I am so sorry. Sorry, too, for all of you that didn't get your Valentine's packages from your pals. Continued prayers for Doris. All my love to you all today!! Treasa

• dancingmoons_gmail_com
    18 years ago

God Bless you Tina..and your husband...i will pray for you and your family...Also prayers are still going out to Doris..
    PLMK if i can help with anything...no matter how small
    Trish

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Tina my love and prayers are with your husband, what happened? he is in his 20's right? BIggg hugs to you. I can give you one piece of advice, stay with him as much as you can, my dh stayed with me and noticed I was getting worse not better, he went out and yelled at drs who tested me and immediately moved me to intensive care and put me on blood thinners, I had various med students checking me hourly plus drs but they all missed the brain swelling dh saved me by being there. so keep an eye on dh you know him hugs carol
    meanwhile doggie will be released tomorrow

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Tina,
    Your in my thoughts and prayers!
    If there is anything I can do...please let me know!

Doris,
    I hope your feeling better, you've been in my thoughts and prayers too!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hugs,
    Deb

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

I will say a prayer for you Tina and your husband. Your in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Maureen
    xx00

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I can't find e-mail addys but gardenfevergirl, sweetkitten51 and purplefirefly you need to send your v day packages asap

• mellen
    18 years ago

Hey there friends, I don't think Tina will mind that I tell you that her hubby is home and on the mend. YES, he did have a very close call. But thanks to the grace of God he is going to be okay. I saw him and the family after school today, and he was pretty wiped out, but at least he is alive. I am so thankful. They are just the nicest couple with 3 great kids who are very dear to my heart. Her husband is in his 30's. Keep him in your prayers for a full and speedy recovery. Mellen

• snyder
    18 years ago

I received my box from(veeja) Carol about 2 weeks ago and decided to wait until the 14th to open it. What a nice surprise and I liked every thing she sent. She sent the following. A special valentine Hersey's candy bar, Russell stover carmel with choclate heart candy, and Almond Roca candy, and a raspberry choclate, An Apple clock for my kitchen and mine just quit about 2 weeks ago, a bag with body lotion,body mist,soap ,face loofah and a mini bag of sachet. A travel cosmetic bag with clairol shampoo and conditioner, vaseline with aloe moisturing loition, small hair brush, klenex and arrid deodorant, and the neatest little radio, It is small and is a keychain with belt clip,built in flashlight,built in compass and the radio. This will be real neat to take to my flower and veggie gardens. I caint think you enough Carol. Sure hope you have received your by now. Ann

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

Tina, thank you so much for host-essing this exchange. I am praying for your husband's swift recovery. God Bless./Susan

Greetings to Doris and I am praying for you too! Get well soon and get strong---- spring is on the way... ;)
    giverny4me.

p.s. to the procrastinators, get with the boxes or at least let your people know whats up!!! IMHO.

• laurk
    18 years ago

Myann/Myohhmy- USPS shows the box was delivered on the 13th- did you get it? Was there some problem? If you get a chance can you let me know? Thanks

~Laurie

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Hi Mellen,
    Thanks fo the update on Tina's husband, so glad he is home and on the mend....She is such a nice lady!! It must be so nice to have actually met someone from GW, and to have become true friends...FYI...My oldest goes to the University of Iowa, I have never been out there, but she is in Iowa City, and likes it alot :)
    Thanks again!
    Trish

• gardeningmomof3
    18 years ago

Mellen, thanks for the update on Tina's husband. Will keep him in our prayers, for a speedy recovery.

As for the Valentines package, I'm still waiting. Haven't heard a word from garden_fever_girl.

DancingMoons, I just love the Eeyore. He's my favorite. Gloomy, yet lovable.

We're in for some snow tonight and especially tomorrow. Two inches tonight, and up to ten inches tomorrow. Guess Winter is not giving so easy after all. *frown

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Tina,
    I'm sooo glad that your Husband is going to be ok! *HUGE HUG* and sigh of relief!

Mellen,
    Thanks for the update!

• uptreasa
    18 years ago

Thank you, Mellen, and hope Tina's husband recovers fully and quickly. Well, Doris will have some books to read as she recovers, because I included some books in her package, because she enjoys those kind. : ) LOL Will we ever know if the three whose pals haven't received packages are dead or alive? Carol, you sent such a nice package to Ann. I hope there's some explanation why those three haven't reached the pal yet. Except, I do know that we sent some cheese to Florida in September, and it took 17 days to get there!!!! Treasa

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Treasa,
    17 days! Was it sent by priority? Just wondering... Wow, that's really way too long even for regular mail!
    Hopefully, everyone that didn't receive a box, did so today!

• myohhmy
    18 years ago

Tina, I am very sorry to hear about your husband. How precious life is. Teach's us all not to take things for granted. wishing you and yours the very best

Received the box on 13 waited to open it on valentines day. Kids were happy to open all the little gifts. loved the chocalates.

• veeja11
    18 years ago
  • Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    18 years ago

I have not heard from Suebo about the package I sent her. She was a newbie and may be in that club of those that didn't send. She was to send to Sweetkitten51. Hmmm.... I sent her a VERY generous package too.
    Theresa

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Carol let the dog out!

• uptreasa
    18 years ago

Debbie, yes, it was indeed priority mail. However, it was shortly after Katrina, so perhaps that may have had something to do with the delay. Everywhere seemed to be feeling the disaster in some way.
    Carol, does he bite?? He really scared me, but then I had lots of giggles from how serious he looks. I can feel your disappointment. When that happens, it seems even though the rest get their package, a bit of the fun of it has been taken away knowing that part of the group gets shorted. It spoils the fun of being in these, when everyone doesn't play fair. Treasa

• laurk
    18 years ago

umm.. your welcome, i guess

>Received the box on 13 waited to open it on valentines day. >Kids were happy to open all the little gifts. loved the >chocalates.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Doggie only bites bad traders, Marge C just got back into trading after being ill, so I am especially upsrt that her pal is a dud, doggie will go for her first.I am ok, I have been stiffed before, no big deal. just won't let her in any of my swaps.Carol

• mellen
    18 years ago

Laurk, My dear, I would like to know what you sent your pal since she didn't take the time to tell us. I would also like to say THANK YOU for taking the time to send and be a part of this swap. I am sure your gifts were very thoughtfully chosen. So, again, please tell us a few of the items that you sent. Thanks, Mellen

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Mellen, very nicely put!..Let us know Laurk :)

• snyder
    18 years ago

My secret pal was garden fever girl, said she was having trouble login in to GW, but she did e-mail me and let me know she got her package. This is what I sent her. Some plant fertlizer, markers,a roll of flowers that you roll out and water, a daylily catalog, a garden magazine and 2 quick cooking magazines, a valentine cd, a little bear figurne that had a red heart on the front that said god bless you. a Pink heart shaped candle, some truffles and a box of homemade fudge, choc,peanut butter and white with black walnuts. And several packages of seeds. She told me she especialy liked the candy and the day lily catalog and didn't know there was so many different day lilys.. Ann

• gardeningmomof3
    18 years ago

I did receive my package today.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Not posting when you receive is almost as bad as not sending, gardenfever girl is off dog list she came thru great job thankyou for being a fair player although you should post a thankyou to snyder. I am off to feed dog, he eats a lot hugs carol

• MargeC
    18 years ago

Hi, I recieved my Valentines box from sweet Kitten. It was well recieved. I just got home from my Chemo. It was waiting form me. Got 2 lovely cups and lots of flavored Teas, Alovely Angel for my garden. A Red fuzzy Teddy Bear, a beautiful Taper candle set w/ holders. A lots of different kinds of valentine Candies. Last but not least, A lovely Brooch pin. It is a Rose, Just beautiful. Thank you so much. I am really going to enjoy it. Hugs, Marge

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, this Valentine's day, I laid in the hospital bed with my husband. Watching him breathe. Listening to him breathe.
    Watching all of the monitor's they had him hooked up to and making sure that his oxygen mask stayed in place....remembering why I fell in-love with him so many years ago. The reason are endless. Every night since then, I sit and watch him sleep, laying my head on his chest to hear his heart beating. Listening to him as he breathes in and out. I think to myself, I could be sitting there all alone, remembering all of the other nights I had sat and watched him sleep. Or the nights he had sat and watched me sleep.
    God has blessed me so very much. He has given me another chance to love my dearest and best friend. He has given him another chance to live a happy and full life. In just a blink of an eye, your entire life can change forever. Our anniversary was February 15th. We spent it together, at home. We just spent the day talking. It was the best anniversary we have ever celebrated. Our children gave us a quiet evening together, so we spent it in bed watching television and talking. It was so peaceful. Our daughter, who is 13 1/2 years old, our middle child who just turned 12 on the 4th, and our baby who is 8 1/2, camped out down stairs on the livingroom floor and watched movies.

We were told that only by the grace of God did my husband survive. He was overcome with carbon monoxide poisoning. Had he not received full oxygen immediately when he did, we would have been making funeral arrangements. He was just seconds from death. It has effected his brain, lungs and heart, but not as nearly bad as it should have. They was first afraid that if he did pull through, he would have severe brain damage. He is still struggling to breathe, but we have been keeping record of his pulse and his heart seems to be going just as strong as ever. I take him in again next week to have an EKG and more chest x-rays. We truly feel that him being here today, in as good of shape that he is in, is nothing short of a miracle. We both appreciate all of your prayers so very much. Our whole family appeciates your prayers. Thank you so much.
    And dear Mellen, Mary Ellen, thank you for everything. Thank you for letting everyone know how Rick is doing.
    I will try and post and update every couple of days. I have e-mailed our "no-shows". One of our "cupid's" has offered to send a gift box to one of our girls who didn't receive. I will get a box ready as well to be sent to the other gal who didn't receive. All of you are so very much appreciated, and we don't want you to think any different, so you will receive a box packed with love!
    God's blessings ~
    Tina

• veeja11
    18 years ago

It looks as if I am the only one who didn't receive, please don't send me anything, your dh recovering is the only gift I need. I've had my dh 30 wonderful years, our relationship sounds a lot like yours. Just keep getting better Rick this will take the place of my pkg, I am still unhappy with purplefirefly tho. hugs to all

• uptreasa
    18 years ago

Tina, I wish I had what you have. I've been married almost 31 years, but it is not happy, like yours.
    Where was Rick that this happened? Thank you for sharing your touching moments. You and Rick are so blessed. Treasa

• gardeningmomof3
    18 years ago

Ok, for now for what I did recieve in my package that (thank you)garden_fever_girl sent me. A teddybear with a red heart that said god bless you, a day lily catalogue. Some chocolate hearts, which I think the bear got too first. a notepad, heart stickers and a candle with netting around it, and some seeds.

veeja11: Keep your dog fed well.

Tina,glad to see your post on how Rick is. Will keep you all in our prayers.

Hope everyone stays warm this weekend. Its gonna be a cold one here in Wisconsin. Brrrrr....

• sweetkitten51
    18 years ago

Tina: I am so glad that your DH is on the mend.
    I will still keep you and your's in my prayers.

gardeningmomof3: Yes,it got very COLD here in Iowa,Had cold adverices here and no school yesterday. Got 2 or 3 inches of snow and more on the way.
    What happened to last week's spring-like wheather?

MargeC : I am so glad you enjoied the package.

Suebo: I think Cupid froze to death. No package, yet!!

I hope that everybody had a great Valentine's Day!!!

God Bless and Happy Gardening!!!
    Sweetkitten51

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

Hello everyone! Boy, I sure missed alot by not being on the computer for over a week! So sorry!
    Tina-I will continue to pray daily for your husband and you! Thank God he is getting better! And Happy Anniversary! A good day as that is my birthday also!
    Doris-do hope you are feeling better and things are going well now for you!
    And I want to thank JesslovesReg again for a fabulous Valentine's Box!! It had so many nice things-all wrapped up pretty and I got a ton of wonderful seeds that I absolutely love! Each packaged and with a beautiful heart on the label. Also got some crocus (love those!), fabulous hummingbird feeder, package of tea (white pear flavor-delicious!), new sharpies, lotus blossom body scrub and lotion (wonderful!), address labels, flower garden magazine,Thank you note set, shopping list pad, chocolate kisses, Ghiradellis chocolates, and altoids love tin! Absolutely wonderful box! Thanks so very much! Melinda

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Whoops two non senders, doggie go get suebo

• jesslovesreg
    18 years ago

Hi everyone - I hope you're all doing well.
    I see I missed a lot the past few days. I've been away helping my hubbie get ready for training (he would be gone for 1 month straight) except he tore a muscle the first day there and was sent home :( No! I just got the apartment clean! hehe
    Melinda - Yea! I'm so glad to see you've gotten to open your package. I'm glad you liked it, I had fun putting it together for you.
    Tina - Your last post touched my heart, and reminded me of how blessed I am. I'm happy to hear your husband is getting better, and you both will be in my prayers.
    - Jess

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

Tina I am praying for you here...just goes to show wives/mothers never know what can happen on an average day...all the years my husband was in the Navy and the times we lived overseas etc. I would worry about them and nothing happened till we moved "home" and my daughter nearly died last summer of a "simple" infection....
    ANYWAYS. Has anyone else noticed non-compliant traders signing up for more trades on other posts????????:O /Susan/giverny4me

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I noticed and just kicked one of them out of my trade, may sound mean but I am tired of seeing my friends stiffed. just nasty me

• sweetkitten51
    18 years ago

It has warmed up some here in Iowa,but not enough for cupid to thaw out.

He still has not been here!!!(BOO-HOO)

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Come on sweet kittens pal, you are sigining up for other swaps, so send out your end of this one. go get her Ali

• sweetkitten51
    18 years ago

Ya I'll sign up for another swap.
    Can't the Lepracuan one. It was too soon for me,but looking forward to doing a Easter Bunny one

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Sweetkitten, I was telling the person who had you,to send your gift, since she is signing up for other swaps, but am also happy you will keep playing hugs carol

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

My Valentine's Day Swap box from Doris arrived today!
    Doris really packed the box full! There wasn't an ounce of space left!
    Doris sent-
    Calgon Hawaiian Ginger body mist (smells so good), Calgon Hawaiian Ginger bath gel, Calgon body lotion Hawaiian Ginger.
    Cute pink/white spotted frog, Daily Inspirational calender, tin of vanilla cookies, and a bag of Doves milk chocolate hearts, Garden Walk calendar, Softcover book "The Easiest Flowers to Grow".

THANK YOU SO MUCH DORIS!
    I love everything you sent!

Hugs,

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sweetkitten and veeja, please accept my sincerest of apologies. I'm sure I have filled up the inbox of your bad cupids by now.
    I am going to make up special boxes for each of you.
    I will be sending them out at the end of next week.
    I have the bad cupids names written down and they will no longer be able to play in any of my robins!

Thank you all so much for playing fair, and sharing the joys of friendship. I really enjoy all of you and appreciate you just the same!

Tina

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Just poppin' in to send ya some hugs Tina...you, Rick and the kids have been in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((((((((((Tina)))))))))))))

~Faint

• garden_fever_girl
    18 years ago

Hi-- all I just wanted to apoligize for not posting/ getting my package out on time and not communicating well.
    Tina - I'm so glad your DH is doing better! It's heartwarming to know that love like yours lives today. I vow to stay off the trades for a while as I think I've bitten off too much for me to chew for a while. My apoligies to snyder and gardeningmom - I've been sick with morning sickness, had to leave my job, when I signed up for the trade I thought it would be over by the time the trade began and as it turns out I'm one of the lucky 10-20% who have it for the duration of the pregnancy. Anyway, it's kind of thrown me for a loop along with all the normal chaos of life. I feel just awful for being a bad trader -- I did send -- but not like I normally would (on time, etc.) no more swaps for me for a while - as I don't like to keep you all waiting and wondering.
    Snyder thanks again for the wonderful package- I'm sorry for not acknowledging you publicly here on the board until just now. Thanks to all my gardening friends and please accept my apoligies for the lateness, and troubles communicating. Hope to trade with you all soon again - once life isn't so chaotic.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Tina, please don't send me anything, I am in other swaps and have received lot of nice goodies, like I said, just get your dh well. hugs carol