SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myohhmy

NEW: collectors corner year round new robin

myohhmy
18 years ago

The few, the proud, the collectors. Geared toward serious gardeners with named varities who like to TRADE.

Year long round robin. Much like a pal of the month but with a twist. You will not be sending to the same person each month. You send to a different person each month more work for me but more fun for all! Most of the time you can pick who you trade with. You can do more than one exchange as long as everyone has been picked first.

Each month there will be a different theme. You can send priority if mailing late or early mailers can take advantage of lower rates with parcel post or media during February. You should not have to buy a lot for this. Would like to keep costs below $8 per month INCLUDING SHIPPING. Goal is for people to receive each package by the first of the month each month.

February  Garden Books or cook books exchange

March  "open from collections list

April  Seeds

May  Perennials and seedlings

June - Daylilies

July  sedums, hens and chicks, or houseplants

August  iris

Sept  FAVORITE PLANT EXCHANGE

Oct  Bulbs

Nov - cannas and or dahlias

Dec - Christmas secret Santa Âopen from listÂ

This is my first draft, any suggestions substitutions or revisions welcome. If you donÂt have the item to be traded for that month take a look at the trade pages and give from that. All trade pages will be shared with the entire group. Items can be gently used and some may be non-flower related. Each month you can post want lists and have lists for that topic.

I will send out an in depth questionnaire to the people joining. You tell us what you want to receive. Open months like mystery boxes from anything on your want list, great if you collect other things as well.

This group will REQUIRE FREQUENT POSTS BACK TO THIS GARDENWEB THREAD or personal emails. If you are not able or willing to do that please do not join. I need members to post so I know who received and who did not. Plus it is always nice to know that you sent was received and appreciated.

LIMTED SPACE AND MUST BE A SERIOUS COLLECTOR TO JOIN. Sign up by Jan 14 and first shipment mailed by Feb 1. Sorry no newbies unless you have items listed and can provide references. Members will be dropped for non shipments!

Comments (105)

• wynative
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Okay, I am picking as I can't stand the stress of waiting till the 1st! Also, I have a wedding to attend out of state that week and I don't want them to be late.

mkruby7 ~ you are my pick! Love the list, very easy to please :)

Now I am off to get the surprises packaged.
    Marie

• mellen
    18 years ago

Myohhmy, I just sent you an e-mail in response to your e-mail to me voicing your concern about my not having much on my trade page in order to be part of this group. If you did not receive my e-mail, let me know. I will resend it. Thanks, Mellen

• Related Discussions

NEW: New Begining Round Robin

Q

Comments (105)
    Ok what i got from seeds I just posted in seed forum for trade Got a nice bath set in a huge plastic bag with a card- from bogartbay with seed in envi -are these from you?in plastic bag-bat stuff inside was whaite shower sponge very berry bath salts and oil for bath ummmmvery berry bath gel juniper spruce herbal bath can not wait this sounds neat shea butter body image soap foot spay body benifts-white peppermint flower candy-kinda looks like pansy body benifts-hand lotion with vitamn E loofa sponge Bath sugars- kewl wanted to try these very berry body lotion all that was in plastic drawstring bag in gift bag was a few things i sent-milberry bath salts sugar and spice potporri heart stickers party time cards glycerine soap peppermint tea angel hand made soap-2 star soap apple jelly tiny jar so that is it....I make soaps too I make same shapes but i am nor sure of these smells -I make lavender harmony,goats milk glycerine,baby room smell.with shapes so thanks all I reported in and even got it done and out of way lol how was everyones easter? Thanks for everything and joining my swap.hope you are all keeping -from getting sick i had darn thing-3-4 weeks yuck see you and thanks all i am hosting birthday box in round robins Rosie card you get when you buy flowers-to attach
    ...See More

new: new march-garden decorating round robin

Q

Comments (43)
    The theme for May will be "Swapping Memories". I chose this theme because... My birthday is in May. When I was growing up in MA my Father planted a fence the width of our back yard with Lilacs. He did this a few years before I was born. By the time I was old enough to remember these lilac bushes they were 5-6 ft tall, full and lush. Well, they always were in full bloom just when my birthday rolled around. One May day when I was in the yard with my Dad, I was about 10, I said to him, how much I loved the lilacs and cutting them and bringing them in the house in a vase and that they always seemed to bloom around my birthday. My Dad said to me, "That's cause God made them just for you." I remember looking at him and back to the lilacs and smiling so big because I believed that wholeheartedly. I don't have any lilacs in my life at the moment but I have always hoped to get some again someday. My Dad died when I was 14 and we moved from that house 3 years later. My sister took some lilac shoots with her to the house we moved to and she still has them growing. I hope the May swap will be one where we swap something related to a flower, plant, or anything that holds a favorite memory for you. But, you must share the memory as well as a related item with your partner. Just a peek ahead to May, hope many of you join. Thanks for listening to my memory. Oh yeah and, my Dad's birthday was 2 days before mine, May 19th. Susan in NC
    ...See More

UPDATE: New Years Round Robin

Q

Comments (2)
    alot of persons names were on the list and i was wondering where it is there are alot of seeds from people anyone???
    ...See More

NEW: 100 for 100 round robin/wish list/Wilmoth

Q

Comments (22)
    No need to sorry Donna. Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it. I did nor realized I need to have 100 packages to join. It is too many, I don't have large plant collection. Maybe some other time for smaller exchange. Good luck to you all and have fun.
    ...See More
  • earthlydelights
    18 years ago

dang, my page is so not up-to-date, but i should hope it would not make a difference for being able to participate in this trade. if so, please let me know now, before i bother to post a book list.

also, i have not received a questionnaire.

thanks,
    maryanne/earthly

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Earthydelights, no problem about your list, the questioare pretty much covers it anyway. Feel free to list your book wants.

I sent you the first copy through gardenwebs email. I will try that again, if you do not get it you need to email me directly so I can email it to you. I am using the email that they have listed for you, maybe you have it blocked? I don't know but others have had the same problems.

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

i got the questionnaire tonight, myoh, thanks. i'll review it and forward my response either later tonight or tomorrow. sorry if this holds anything up, but there's a lot of info requested.

i've been pondering for a bit on who to choose and what books i might like/want - this is harder than i expected it to be.

i will post later on as to my pick for the book swap. i'm checking on a few things to be certain i wouldn't disappoint the recipient.

i have more than my share of cookbooks - but i wouldn't mind an italian DESSERT (only) cookbook. the only other type of book i can think of is anything having to do with (raising) chickens -- making a hatch/coop, choosing them, feeding, caring, etc.

i subscribe now, or have in the past to garden mags, and find garden gate to be my favorite - so i don't need mags, i have them. i have a wonderful assortment of gardening books, new and OLD/ancient, but i would never think of turning a good gardening book away.

as for the november swap, since you said not much on canna or dahlia - why not something homemade, from the heart? that would be special. just my 6 1/2 cents.

night all,
    earthly/maryanne

• veeja11
    18 years ago

ok, I put Mellen and Earthly in a hat and I picked my book pal

• veeja11
    18 years ago

My pal is Earthly book on drink mixing and rooster husbandry. should be easy. I drew names. sice I wanted both.
    where does one find a book on chicken husbandry? oh what fun

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Carol you crack me up! LoL :-)

myohhmy, I can put in a good word for Mellen, as I only live 15 minutes away and she has a farm load of beauties!
    She tends to be pretty modest on her list ;-).

Chicken husbandry, hahaha, I am still cracking up.

Hug's,
    Tina

• mellen
    18 years ago

Carol, I know EXACTLY what to do for Earthly for raising chickens. I/we have done it for many, many years. My dad worked for a large hatchery for 50+ years as their US and international salesperson. The place he worked at has very specific instructions on all of the how to's. Did you know that you shouldn't leave feed out for them 24/7? They can have heart attacks. REALLY! By taking the feed out at night, I had a death rate of less than 1% many years. IF you want, I would give up our hostesses name, and take Earthly's. What do you say???? Mellen

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Ok you twisted my arm, don't forget the mixed drink one, I now have myohhmy, as long as you make earthly happy. now someone take miss mellen, she drinks also and likes books for dummies (wonder what that says about her?)hope we haven't confused you hostess. we are sane Really

• mellen
    18 years ago

Carol, you're a peach. Or some kind of fruit. Thanks so much for switching with me. Yes, I know, my book choices do say a lot about me a lot of the time. lol I went through the list of all the "dummie" books. There are at least 400 of them. You wouldn't believe what some of them are. How about Gambling for Dummies? Earthly or is it Earthy, I will see to it that you find some chicken husbands. That IS what you were asking for, right? Mellen

• wynative
    18 years ago

Chicken Husbands?? must be for producing Chicken Littles, huh... hehehe But you should give the Chicken Wives a choice - so have plenty of Chicken Husbands to choose from!

You are all making my day :)
    Marie

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Just wanted to let my gardenweb friends know that Clyde (my fury son and best friend) was laid to rest on 1/24/06.
    I thank you in advance for thoughts/prayers.
    www.clocktimelesspets.com/detail.aspID=119 or
    www.clocktimelesspets and click on guest book

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Jan, sorry to hear about your pet, they are really part of the family.

I was never sane to begin with so... You guys are not driving me nuts yet.

here is our book list, please let me know if this is correct or if we need to make any changes.

Veeja to be taken by MargeC
    Theresa24 to be taken by ilovefarac.
    Ilovefarac taken by hummingbird
    Hummingbird taken by debbya
    Wynative taken by Plantlady
    MargeC taken by Myohhmy
    Debba taken by Theresa24
    Mkruby taken by Wynative
    Earthy Taken by mellen
    Mellen Taken by mkruby
    Plantlady Taken by earthy
    Myohhmy taken by veeja

THANKS!

For november we have votes for home made things and books and seeds. Anyone care to keep it dahlias and cannas or is that really no interest to anyone? I know I don't have named varities, but I do have tons of each. Well we have a while to figure it out.

THANKS!!! first one is always the hardest ladies

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

Yeah!! I have already been looking around and getting things ready! I am so glad everyone is picked and won't be long until time to pick for March!! Can't wait. I like cannas and dahlia both-so I am all for that. Can't say I collect them but do like them and wouldn't mind having more. But I am all for something home made also! Either way is fine for me! I like everything! LOL! Melinda

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

I would also like to keep it canna's and dahlia's. I LOVE canna's!
    Just my 2 cents :-)

Tina

• wynative
    18 years ago

Jan ~ I am so sorry for your loss. Words can not express how I feel ~ HUG, HUG, HUG....

I like the idea for Nov. of home made things, books and seeds as I have nowhere to store dahlias and cannas. Could we do it both ways??

Marie

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

hmmm, wondering what happened to my post where i picked my person?????? (and NO carol, i was not hitting the bottle - beer or otherwise LOL)

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Bump

Still waiting on questionares from Earthy and Mellen...

Please post when you receive you books! Thanks for playing

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

I don't have the questionares. Can you e-mail again.

Thanks mkruby7

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Melinda ~
    I have ordered you a couple of books. I bought them from E-bay. I am having them sent directly to you, because if they come here, I will be like, oh I have to keep this one, LoL.
    They are from differetn sellers, so you will receive to different packages. I also have a magazine here I think you would really like, so I will be mailing it out this week.

Just thought I would give ya a heads up :-).

Happy pre-spring everyone ;-)
    Tina

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

mkruby, I sent it to you again 2 different ways, if you can not read them - you need to email me directly I am using the email you gave me. don't know what the problem is....

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    18 years ago

Oh boy! I dropped the ball here. I have had the books for Debbya for about a week now but I thought we were sending on the first of the month (that's a different swap I'm in) and now I see that she is supposed to receive them by tomorrow! Darn. I am so sorry but am sending out tomorrow Debbya! I think you'll like them :) Please don't think I'm the lame one of the group...I've been down and out with strep so I think that messed with my brain :)
    Theresa

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

My package went out today.
    USPS tracking number--0305 0830 0002 4989 9590.

• mellen
    18 years ago

Mayohhmy, I finished up my questionnaire today and e-mailed it to you. Did you get it? Please let me know. Thanks. Mellen

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

It's my PC. I did get the emails. Can't read the whole email. Am thinking if you could just forward each questionares to me. I know that would be alot of emails, but that way I can read each one. And I get to know everyone.

thanks & lmk, mkruby7

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Mine is late I need an addy for my pal, will send as soon as I get it, anyone having an addy for myhommy please send it to me thankyou carol

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

I got my books today!!!! Thank you SO MUCH Debbie!
    She sent me Meijer Floral Guide To "Healthy Houseplants",
    "Melt and Pour Soapmaking" by Marie Browing, "The Handmade Candle" by Alison Jenkins, and as a special bonus, she sent me a special interest diary. How awesome!!! Thank you so much Debbie :-).
    I was going to start my tomatoes and peppers today, but now I think I am going to sit here and drink my coffee and read my new books!
    Tina

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Tina! Can't wait! But guess I will have to! Still waiting on a couple books to come in and then I will get my package off! Melinda

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Just wanted to note that my package is ready and will be mailed out Friday to Marie. I hope you enjoy your package Marie!! Sorry if it is late as you know and understand life has been hectic for me the past couple of months. Thank you so much for the special card regarding the loss of Clyde. You have truly touched my heart and for that I thank you.
    You said you liked surprises so I hope you will like your gifts that I selected and thought were meant for you!
    Wow this seems like a great group of gals and a fun swap! I am so glad to be a part of it. Thanks to all the others whom shared thoughts and prayers with me over the past couple of months. I appreciate all the friendships I have formed with GW people. If I can be of any help to any of you please just let me know! Take care and Happy Reading to All!!

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

MARGE... Your books on are the way in three different packages. One bonus package from me and two others that I ordered and had delivered right to you. PLEASE POST WHEN you get them so I know they arrived.

CAROL A SUPER SUPER THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT BOOKS. I am doing the happy dance too! I love the eurkea daylily guides that was the best book you could have given me! Can't wait to droll all over it. She also sent me Saving Seeds book that looks great too! plus as a double and triple bonus some jerry baker booklets and 2 magazines that look great too. I could not have asked for anything better. I am truely THRILLED with what you sent thank you very much! You were super generous and thoughtful!

Tina here is the confirmation number for the package I sent you 030434 900000 4001 9720

Earthy still have not received the questionare. I sent it to you again.

Thank you for playing everyone! Start thinking about who you would like to send your March package to. Will make a new link soon as this one is filling up.

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    18 years ago

My package is on it's way to Debbya....
    Conf# 03050830000412099833.
    Debbie, in my haste I forgot to put a note in it. The cookbooks are all local to my area here (Orange Park, FL...suburban Jacksonville...Northeast FL). Hope you will find some good southern recipes.
    Enjoy,
    Theresa

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Theresa,
    I'm sure that I will enjoy them! I LOVE to cook!
    Thank you soooo much!
    I'll post when they arrive. Can't wait!

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

Still waiting on couple books to come in and should be here anyday! The post on the 23rd said should be mailed by the 14th is that right. Will mail asap when they come in! Have couple already to go and will just add when they come. Is it time to pick for March? And by collections do you go by the question of things they collect on the questionnaire or the type of flowers they collect or what?
    Both? PLMK Thanks, Melinda

• wynative
    18 years ago

JAN,

I recieved my books today - THANKS SO MUCH!! What a great collection! Love the little 'surprises' also - I have the perfect place for each of them & I was in need of a chocolate fix :)

Hope your feeling better,
    Marie

• MargeC
    18 years ago

Myohhmy, I recieved my Bonus Pkg. from you today. I have been reading and drolling this afternoon. Really enjoying the books. Getting some new ideas. I am sure I will enjoy this for a long time to come. Thanks.
    Carol, I have yours ordered. Hopine to get them like yesterday. Will ship ASA I get them.
    Marge

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

My package arrived from Theresa! And it was exactly what I wanted! I'm looking forward to trying so many new recipes!
    Theresa sent 5 cookbooks (local Church/neighborhood kind)
    and I absolutely adore them! They will be well used, I promise! Theresa also included a Backyard Living magazine.
    I've been reading it for the last hour, and had to stop so I could post this message. The kids are sleeping, so I'm making this short! ;) I have so much more to look through!

Thanks sooooo much Theresa!

• mellen
    18 years ago

Earthly/Earthy/Maryanne, Your books will be going out in tomorrow's mail. Cheep, cheep, cluck, cluck! Moooooo.......That's a hello from our cattle. Think I have lost it? Love ya, Mellen

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Myohhmy,
    I would like to choose Marjorie Cox for March. Is she already taken? PLMK.

Thanks!

• MargeC
    18 years ago

Hi, I would like to pick Theresa Boring for March. Let me know if this is OK. Thanks, Marge

• MargeC
    18 years ago

Hi Myohhmy, I recieved my book this morning. Rubber Stamping. I am really going to enjoy it. Thanks so much. Margec

• wynative
    18 years ago

Myohhmy - I would like to choose Ilovefarac (Melinda) for March...Thanks.

MKRuby - I am waiting on one more item for you package. I will send it as soon as it arrives.

Marie

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ok sent out mellens and earthys questionares to everyone. Mailed them in two different ways - forwarded and in the big word document. Only received an error message for veeje on 2 so far.

Now everyone should have everyone's questionares. All books should be mailed out by now. Moving on to March - Feel free to pick your partner baised on things you have that you think they would want baised on the questionares.

PLEASE POST who you want as there have been so many problems with emails. I will be making a new thread soon as this one is filling up. I will name it MARCH collectors Corner please post there and I will go and add each person who listed on this thread to that thread when I get the extra time (not today though)...

Melinda as for your quest5ion.
    And by collections do you go by the question of things they collect on the questionnaire or the type of flowers they collect or what? MY REPLY: I don't know how you can send flowers with it being so cold, but if you want you can send an IOU or something like that for the spring. Otherwise - try to go off what they have on their questioinares or even on their gardenweb pages. Just do the best you can.

However I know that some people don't have much listed on their questionares so I don't know what to do about that.

Glad everyone is enjoying your books!

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

jan

i'm a little behind, but your books are going out tomorrow or friday by the latest. i was trying to get something in particular, but just got notice it's unavailable, so i have to start over.

as for march, i'll pick mkruby. i'll also post that on the other thread.

in my opinion, i think it would have been much easier to break down the questionnaire. fill in the infomration that was applicable for each month and we could have done it that way to avoid the problems. i find it very difficult to read, and have been working on cleaning it up. i am in no way negating the intention, just what i think might have been an easier solution.

earthly/maryanne

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Made up the other posting. Please list your new picks there. I am not sure when the boards close used to be 100 but now I see some with more replys on them.

Maybe also add anything that you might like to receive in your collectors box - especalliy if you did not fill in your questionare very well. The first questionare was just for reference something to keep on hand. Each month we will have to tell more about what we have to trade when it comes to flowers.

THANKS

• MargeC
    18 years ago

Hi Myohhmy, I just recieved my other book from you this morning. Sure I will enjoy cooking with Rosie. I posted on other (wrong) post. Felt like an idiot. Thanks again for all of the nice books. Have a great day. Marge

• MargeC
    18 years ago

Carol, I am still waiting on stuff for you. Should have had the books by now. I'm not a dead beat just slow. Thanks, Marge
    P.s. For march, I would sure enjoy some Streptocarpus seeds. Hint, Hint!!!

• MargeC
    18 years ago

Hi Carol, I got the books this morning. Have sent Hubby to the P.O. with your package. Better late than never. Hope yo enjoy them. Marge

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I received 3 wonderful books today from Marge, two candle making and one wildflower also a journal and little floral picture album as a bonus, I love them all but you said you sent your dh and he wasn't in the box, darn I had garden work waiting for him. Thankyou Marge I love my books.

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

mellen,
    first off, let me apologize. i posted a few days ago that i received my books, but i don't see the post. this has happened to me before, but i can never figure out why it happens. i'm sorry for you not having your acknowledgment more timely.

--

i received some wonderful books - The chicken book is great, Ive been looking it over here and there, and the newsletter from the hatchery is excellent I appreciate the information that you highlighted for me. The book on container gardening is just great it has so many beautiful pictures and I am getting more and more ideas. Now, from the bottom of my heart, thanks for the Italian dessert cookbook. This is fantastic. I havent been able to find one and I had just looked at barnes and noble a couple weeks back. Thank you so much mellen for your kindness and generosity. What an absolute doll you are, my friend. Thank you so much for my books, I am in heaven I certainly appreciate you the the books you sent to me.

oh yes, and dare i forget the chicken little activity book? too cute :)

thanks again. nice additions to my library :)

love and hugs,
    maryanne/earthly