SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marshgirl_gw

Overwintering Mandevilla in coastal Georgia

20 years ago

DH, DD, and I went to a plant sale on Saint Simons Island today. There were 2 plants that DD (age 5) just HAD to have. One is Red Riding Hood Mandevilla. What is the possibility it will overwinter here if planted outside (we live in Brunswick)? I don't have a good place for it in the house so I'm not sure what to do. The darn thing only cost $1.95 so it won't be a tragedy if it dies but DD will be horribly dissapointed.

The other plant DD wanted had no tag on it. The woman at the nursery wasn't sure how to spell it but the name of the plant was prounounced "ex-hora". It has aprox 1.5 inch light green leaves with a red/pink fringy flower. The end of each fringe (it has about 6-8 fringes I think) is ball shaped. Sound familiar at all? I'd post a pic but the digital camera needs batteries. I'll try to get some tomorrow.

My other finds at the plant sale today were Monrovia Tropicannas for $2.95 each and Burgundy Lorapetalum (3 gal) for $4.00. I was pleased and may sneak back tomorrow to do more poking around.

Thanks!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
More Discussions