SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattygrow5

UPDATE: 2nd annual whats left on my wish list swap

pattygrow5
17 years ago

The other post was getting long so we will start the update now here is the status of seeds

1-pattygrow5-received

2-sguanzon-received

3-micyrey-received

4-mnwsgal

5-jselwa

6-lizinnh

7-clawskeeter-received

8-patrob

9-esiuol-received

10-threeshyacres

11-astilbebstillz6a-received

12-lisam627

13-strmywthr3-received

14-ggwrn-received

15-monipsych

16-romando

17-sunshine123

18-andrea81

19-moonphase

20-carolyn22-received

21-kilngod-received

22-grovespirit

23-greensingh-received

24-acheckwa-received

25-flowersandbirds4ever-received

26-fairydancer-received

27-flowerpowerNC-received

28-zabecc

29-sunsetin-received

30-stagerats

31-sandygardens-received

32-pnjoy

33-wishdesign-received

34-nlb52-received

I didn't get any envies today so here is the list as of today.I was a hoping for more cause I got all the ones received separated last night. Amanda did you try putting vasoline on your hands then socks over them when you go to bed at night it works for me .Yes Rosie I am having fun. Lots of good seeds for you girls. Patty

Comments (46)

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi again if you can't them out till Tuesday no big deal I think the post office is closed Monday I didn't think about that one.Just e-mail mail if any of you are going to be later than that Patty

• monipsych
    17 years ago

Hello ladies I did make it to the post office before it closed today. But as I finally looked at Patty's mailing address I realized I could have just run them down to her as she lives 20 min from me. :)Small world. Any who I did try and get a little something for everyone but for the pros not much luck. I did get 110-115 packs though and for only my second season not too bad. Thanks all! Confirmation # 03061070000158964244
    Monica

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: #6 4th annual whats left on my want list swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Angie the schools have a 2 hour delay it is crazy I live fairly close to the city and it is crazy everwhere and my daughter goes to Pitt but the Titusville campus boy am I glad she isn't at the main campus did you see all the craziness in oakland the fires in the street they are arresting some now. we do take the super bowl seriously I work in downtown Pittsburgh it will be rockiny tomorrow. Patty
    ...See More

UPDATE: #8-4th annual whats left on my want list swap

Q

Comments (121)
    Got 'em! I am absolutely delighted with the seeds I received this year-things I had on my list that I was sure no one would have to share were in that envelope. I have gone through them twice and will go back through them again after dinner. I am so happy to have all of the lovely peach colored flowers folks sent me. I have visions of a peach and blue garden and it is really coming together now. I also loved receiving all of the various Sweet Peas. I usually just grow a couple of varieties, but this year I will have them everywhere! I love it! Thanks to everyone who sent in their precious seeds! And Miss Patty, you did an incredible job! I am very appreciative. Alana
    ...See More

UPDATE: 2nd annual whats left on my want list flying

Q

Comments (54)
    My big, fat envelope arrived today, and it is better than Christmas! I was in the middle of cooking when DH brought it in from the mailbox, and he wanted to open it. I let him look first on the condition he would not read me the info on each packet as he looked. I thank all of you who sent your special seeds for me and filled so many of my wishes. And a special THANKS to you Patty for making this the best swap ever! Now if I could just ditch everything else and spend a week or so in the greenhouse planting seeds. Hmmmm Patricia
    ...See More

UPDATE: part 3 whats 5th annual whats left on my want list swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Hi, everyone! Mmmm, apple cider doghnuts. I've only had those once, and we ate the whole bag within 15 minutes of leaving the orchard. They're scrumptious! Ollierose, I try to know the botanical names for the plants I grow, (or at least list them with it) so I only look up botanical names that seem really familiar, because those may be seeds I can send in and I'm just not making the right mental connection. If I don't recognize it at all, it's not something I can send in. If you want to look things up, the fastest way I've found is 1. have the google toolbar 2. type the Latin and the word plantfiles 3. read all about it. That's also my first step in deciding if I want a plant, but I always look them up on a few sites, because they all have inaccuracies sometimes. I like to increase my chances for trades by making it easy for the trader to know that I have what they want, or they have what I want, by using both common names and latin. Except I'm sure I've neglected to do that completely :) It's another cold, grey day, and I have so much garden cleanup to do, still perennials to get in the ground, plus a couple hundred bulbs--but all I want to do is sit in front of the woodstove with my tiny kitten!
    ...See More
  • threeshyacres
    17 years ago

Hello patty and all gardeners,
    My fat pack of 85 or so seeds went out today.

I am very excited for the return package, and I was happy to share with you all! : )

Happy Gardening,
    Jodi
    'ThreeShyAcres'

• pnwjoy54
    17 years ago

Well, I got my big fat package ready to be picked up by my mail carrier today. I lost count after 156 seed packs but there could be close to 200. It's going by priority mail and the confirmation # is 0103 8555 7490 0266 3644.
    We are snowed in today so I printed the postage online.
    I couldn't find my postal scales so I had to do an educated guess. I think it's ok, but if not please let me know and I'll send more postage. I didn't know what else to do and the weather isn't suppose to improve much in the next few days so I didn't want my package to be even later.

This has been so much fun. Thank you Patty for hosting this swap. Can't wait to see what you all send me. Hope you are all pleased with what I sent. I had a lot of some of your wants but there were a few that I didn't have any for.

Thanks,

Joy (pnwjoy)

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Patty-
    I got my package in the mail today as well!!
    Confirmation# on the seed package is:
    Please let me know when it gets to you. Also... I sent an email to you, with more info on my package etc.

To all the swappers:
    I was able to share of lot of seeds with most of you (unfortunately not all). Since most were from my personal stash, I wasn't able to include lots in each packet. I hope you enjoy them, and I can't wait to hear about how they grow!
    Goodluck and Happy New Year to all!!!
    -Elizabeth (zabecc)

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

This is really, REALLY exciting!

• flower_power_nc
    17 years ago

Sorry you are snowed in Joy.
    Wish we would get at least 1.

Patty big Thanks for hosting.

Debbie

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everone I got 4 more today
    Monicas,Andreas,Bobbies And Amandas here is the updated list
    1-pattygrow5-received
    2-sguanzon-received
    3-micyrey-received
    4-mnwsgal-received
    5-jselwa
    6-lizinnh
    7-clawskeeter-received
    8-patrob
    9-esiuol-received
    10-threeshyacres
    12-lisam627
    13-strmywthr3-received
    14-ggwrn-received
    15-monipsych-received
    16-romando-received
    17-sunshine123
    18-andrea81-received
    19-moonphase
    20-carolyn22-received
    21-kilngod-received
    22-grovespirit
    23-greensingh-received
    24-acheckwa-received
    26-fairydancer-received
    28-zabecc
    29-sunsetin-received
    30-stagerats
    31-sandygardens-received
    32-pnjoy
    33-wishdesign-received
    34-nlb52-received
    as of right now we only need 11 more
    I'm off to separate I'm going to keep up with them so I can get them back out quickly.Thanks all Patty

• pnwjoy54
    17 years ago

Thanks Debbie. I'd give you our snow if I could. :-)
    This much snow isn't common around here so we are pretty much crippled by it. It's pretty though.

• patrob
    17 years ago

My seeds are packed and ready to go. The ice is supposed to melt enough to allow travel tomorrow, so I am planning on mailing then. Sorry for the delay.

• moonphase
    17 years ago

Patty,My seeds went out yesterday.We are supposed to get hit by an ice storm tonight but I am glad.I ws and have been waiting for cold weather to start,now I can..lol
    Thank You so much for hosting this for us.I didn't have as much as I wanted to send due to not labeling my plants last yr,but I am learning how important it is to know the name of the seeds.Next Yr.will be better.
    moonphase

• patrob
    17 years ago

Mine did leave in today's mail. I wish I could send this ice and cold weather somewhere!

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all I got 2 more packs today Jodis and Lisas here is the updated list there are 4 people I haven't heard from I will e-mail them to see what's up
    1-pattygrow5-received
    2-sguanzon-received
    3-micyrey-received
    4-mnwsgal-received
    5-jselwa-?
    6-lizinnh- on their way
    7-clawskeeter-received
    8-patrob- on their way
    9-esiuol-received
    10-threeshyacres-received
    12-lisam627-received
    13-strmywthr3-received
    14-ggwrn-received
    15-monipsych-received
    16-romando-received
    17-sunshine123-?
    18-andrea81-received
    19-moonphase-- on their way
    20-carolyn22-received
    21-kilngod-received
    22-grovespirit-?
    23-greensingh-received
    24-acheckwa-received
    26-fairydancer-received
    28-zabecc- on their way
    29-sunsetin-received
    30-stagerats-?
    31-sandygardens-received
    32-pnjoy- on their way
    33-wishdesign-received
    34-nlb52-received
    I have all of the seeds separated now I am going to go thru to take out doubles I told you girls I won't send you double seeds unless it is a very small amount in the pack. I am having fun let you all know tomorrow what I hear from the 4 I'm going to e-mail. Patty

• flower_power_nc
    17 years ago

To my surprize we got sleet and
    ice this morning. Snow would have
    been better. Good day to stay home.
    Debbie

• flowersandbirds4ever
    17 years ago

we just got buried here in maine our first hit in the north this winter has been so mild all the bulbs starting coming up and buds ont he trees

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all, before I go to work I am going to post I got 2 seed envies today Joys and Anettes I e-mailed the 4 missing players only heard back so far from Anette so here is the updated list
    1-pattygrow5-received
    2-sguanzon-received
    3-micyrey-received
    4-mnwsgal-received
    5-jselwa-?
    6-lizinnh- on their way
    7-clawskeeter-received
    8-patrob- on their way
    9-esiuol-received
    12-lisam627-received
    13-strmywthr3-received
    14-ggwrn-received
    15-monipsych-received
    16-romando-received
    17-sunshine123-?
    18-andrea81-received
    19-moonphase-- on their way
    20-carolyn22-received
    21-kilngod-received
    22-grovespirit-?
    23-greensingh-received
    24-acheckwa-received
    26-fairydancer-received
    28-zabecc- on their way
    29-sunsetin-received
    30-stagerats-received
    31-sandygardens-received
    32-pnjoy-received
    33-wishdesign-received
    34-nlb52-received
    hopefully I will hear from the other 3 later I went thru the seeds took out doubles I will have to back check lists to try to match up seeds of doubles to see if I can match them up to other players.Hopefully they will al be in and I can get them out by Monday so we all can wintersow if we want.
    Thanks all Patty

• sunshine123
    17 years ago

mine is on there way sry i been work alot hope it gets there in time

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all sorry about not posting yesterday I fell asleep I got 1 envie yesterday moonphases here is the updated list I heard from everyone except JSELWA I will e-mail her one last time Grovespirit had a death in the family has seeds ready and wants to know if they should be mailed I said we will wait so it will be end of next week when I mail here is the updated list
    1-pattygrow5-received
    2-sguanzon-received
    3-micyrey-received
    4-mnwsgal-received
    5-jselwa-?
    6-lizinnh- on their way
    7-clawskeeter-received
    8-patrob- on their way
    9-esiuol-received
    12-lisam627-received
    13-strmywthr3-received
    14-ggwrn-received
    15-monipsych-received
    16-romando-received
    17-sunshine123-on their way
    18-andrea81-received
    19-moonphase-received
    20-carolyn22-received
    21-kilngod-received
    22-grovespirit-will be mailing
    23-greensingh-received
    24-acheckwa-received
    26-fairydancer-received
    28-zabecc- on their way
    29-sunsetin-received
    30-stagerats-received
    31-sandygardens-received
    32-pnjoy-received
    33-wishdesign-received
    34-nlb52-received
    Most everyone is getting lots of their wants some good seeds in here.Are you all excited?
    Thanks all Patty

• kilngod
    17 years ago

Waaaay Excited!!!

I can't wait to see what's in my pack - yippee! Hey, I'd be thrilled to get even 1 want for every 5 I sent, anything else is a bonus. Even flat out surprises are fun!

thanks for all your sorting Patty. You rock! :)
    --Tina

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I'm excited!

• astilbebstillz6a
    17 years ago

This is great! Love surprises! You guys have got me anxiously awaiting now...LOL...Marylee

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

I couldn't get an envelope to you in time to get in on this could I?

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I forgot to let you all know I got Patrobs seeds yesterday I will not be posting tomorrow because after work I go to my master gardening class if I do post it will be late tomorrow night I never heard back from jselwa so I guess something came up we'll see if I get her seeds same time as the last envie comes .Thanks all. Patty

• andrea81
    17 years ago

I am super excited about this swap! Thank you for your hard work Patty, it is truly appreciated.

Andrea

• carolyn18810
    17 years ago

I can't wait! It was a blast last year, but this year it is even better! Thanks again for hosting Patty!!!

Carolyn

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone I got another envie lizinnh today we are almost there also some special extra seeds from wishdesign for a bunch of us here is the updated list
    1-pattygrow5-received
    2-sguanzon-received
    3-micyrey-received
    4-mnwsgal-received
    5-jselwa-?
    6-lizinnh-received
    7-clawskeeter-received
    8-patrob-received
    9-esiuol-received
    12-lisam627-received
    13-strmywthr3-received
    14-ggwrn-received
    15-monipsych-received
    16-romando-received
    18-andrea81-received
    19-moonphase-received
    20-carolyn22-received
    21-kilngod-received
    22-grovespirit-on their way
    23-greensingh-received
    24-acheckwa-received
    26-fairydancer-received
    28-zabecc- on their way
    29-sunsetin-received
    30-stagerats-received
    31-sandygardens-received
    32-pnjoy-received
    33-wishdesign-received
    34-nlb52-received
    Thanks all
    Patty

• zabecc
    17 years ago

It makes me sad that my seeds are taking so long to get there. I'm so sorry Patty. I mailed them a week ago today! I checked the confirmation number again today and it says that as of 1:18 yesterday that it landed in Pittsburgh (YAY), so hopefully you'll be getting it today!!!
    -Elizabeth

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I didn't get my mail yet today but I have to make a correction when I opened the seeds today realized it was zabeccs seeds not lizinnhs I got yesterday sorry I was tired saw Elizabeth and just assumed also I heard from jselwa she has mailed her seeds and grovespirit is taking a lonnnng trek to mail hers today thanks I wish the mailman could pick it up so here is a corrected updated list lizinnh maybe I will get yours today
    1-pattygrow5-received
    2-sguanzon-received
    3-micyrey-received
    4-mnwsgal-received
    5-jselwa-on their way
    6-lizinnh-on their way
    7-clawskeeter-received
    8-patrob-received
    9-esiuol-received
    12-lisam627-received
    13-strmywthr3-received
    14-ggwrn-received
    15-monipsych-received
    16-romando-received
    18-andrea81-received
    19-moonphase-received
    20-carolyn22-received
    21-kilngod-received
    22-grovespirit-on their way as of today
    23-greensingh-received
    24-acheckwa-received
    26-fairydancer-received
    28-zabecc- received
    29-sunsetin-received
    30-stagerats-received
    31-sandygardens-received
    32-pnjoy-received
    33-wishdesign-received
    34-nlb52-received
    Thanks girls
    Patty

• sandysgardens
    17 years ago

The excitement is really brewing now! Can hardly stand it!

Patty - your doing one heck of a GREAT job with this swap.

Thanks for keeping us posted, it fun to login and check the status.

Sandy

• zabecc
    17 years ago

YAY, thanks patty!

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all I haven't posted the last couple days because I worked late and also because I haven't gotten any seeds so the last list is still the same hoping to get the last 4 packs soon so I can get the envies out to you all. Patty

• monipsych
    17 years ago

Any news? I'm hanging off on starting my WS waiting to see what we get.(At least that's the excuse I'm using....) I'm like that little kid are they there yet? :)
    Monica

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,I got grovespirits seeds yesterday there are 3 other packs not received but I am not sure what is going on with jselwa I e-mailed her and never heard back lizinnh sent said they should have been here is resending sunshine123s should have been here before grovespirits since Irirs came from Hawaii(it takes longer doesn't it) heres the deal I started filling envies it will take me a few days to finish this if their seeds are here by then great if not I'm sorry everyone is waiting so the crazy seed lady is surrounded by seeds only thing is I have to work all week so every spare moment I will work on this they will be out before the week is out here is the updated list
    1-pattygrow5-received
    2-sguanzon-received
    3-micyrey-received
    4-mnwsgal-received
    5-jselwa-have no clue
    6-lizinnh-on their way
    7-clawskeeter-received
    8-patrob-received
    9-esiuol-received
    12-lisam627-received
    13-strmywthr3-received
    14-ggwrn-received
    15-monipsych-received
    16-romando-received
    18-andrea81-received
    19-moonphase-received
    20-carolyn22-received
    21-kilngod-received
    22-grovespirit--received
    23-greensingh-received
    24-acheckwa-received
    26-fairydancer-received
    28-zabecc- received
    29-sunsetin-received
    30-stagerats-received
    31-sandygardens-received
    32-pnjoy-received
    33-wishdesign-received
    34-nlb52-received
    thanks for being patient next year I will make a firm cut off date.
    Patty

• flowersandbirds4ever
    17 years ago

Thank-you Patty for hosting this swap and giving us a head's up....Rosie

• stage_rat
    17 years ago

Patty, please don't drive yourself too hard! We're all excited about getting the seeds, but we don't want anybody grabbing you and sending you off to the loony bin. Try to tone down the pace until you're just the "eccentric seed lady" and I think everything will be good.

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all, I have been going thru my seeds packing up more seeds to make sure you all get mostly special seeds some of you sent 100 to over 200 seeds I want to make sure you don't get too many common seeds I will be mailing Friday and Saturday .Get your jugs ready. LOL. Patty

• ggwrn
    17 years ago

I've got dirt in the jugs ready and waiting! I can hardly wait to get my package. Patty, thank you for all your hard work!

Ginger

• greensingh
    17 years ago

Really looking forward to the this. Thanks for your efforts Patty.

• pnwjoy54
    17 years ago

This has got to be the most exciting wait. I feel like a kid all excited waiting for Christmas day to get here.:-)
    Thank you so much for hosting this Patty and for going the extra mile to make sure we are all pleased.
    You're the BEST!

Joy

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all I am finished filling I starting putting in the bonus packs as I tape them up and put the postage on I didn't realize how long it takes to get 30 envelopes ready to be mailed the ones who sent delivery confirmation have to go to the post office so that will have to wait till Monday I am going to take them all there to be mailed I have a mailbox on my corner but temperatures are going below 0 I was afraid to just drop them in my luck the mailman wouldn't have picked them up BRRRRR poor seeds. I put the extras in little ziplocs I sent the extras packs I wouldn't use also in with the bonus seeds. I think you all will be pleased I wish all of the seeds I send could have been from your want lists but we had to eat the seeds sent for the 3 girls who didn't send and most of those were pretty common seeds I tried to give you the seeds you didn't ask for as close to your wants as possible. I can't post until late Monday because I have class but I will .THANKS GIRLS Patty

• mnwsgal
    17 years ago

Thanks, Patty, for all your work getting our envelopes filled and ready to mail. I am eagerly awaiting mine.
    Bobbie

• flower_power_nc
    17 years ago

Really Patty thanks for your
    hard work and hosting.
    You are a trooper.........
    Stay warm. It's coming our
    way this week. Ready for spring.
    Debbie

• sandysgardens
    17 years ago

Patty - thanks for the update. Just the thought of my seeds coming helps warm me up as I think of all the blooms that will be here this summer and beyond. Woke up on Sat to 27 below (not counting windchill) and this morning to 22 below. Just a week ago we were in the low 40's.

Thanks again for all your work Patty and to all who participated.

Sandy

• nlb52
    17 years ago

hi Patty , thanks for all the time and work you put into this for us . hope you have a grate spring with lots of beautiful blooms to enjoy . Nancy B.

• carolyn18810
    17 years ago

Patty,

Thank you so much for your hard work and hosting this RR. I have to tell you, the anticipation has been better than when I was a kid waiting for Santa Clause! I can't wait! Thanks again.

Carolyn

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Thanks so much for the hard work Patty, just like Carolyn said, it's better than waiting for Santa!