SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

NEW: Feb. Color of the Month Seed Swap - Chocolate

sandlapper_rose
12 years ago

{{gwi:1238566}}

Chocolate Seed Color of the Month Swap for Februarycolor saddlebrown>

I hope no one minds me posting this towards the end of January. I am trying to get the seeds back to you during February - the month with Valentine's Day! If you sign up soon, there should be time to order some seeds if you don't have the appropriate ones on hand.

This month the color is chocolate! Yum. Who can resist chocolate? You may include seeds that contain the word chocolate in the name or plants having chocolate colored leaves, flowers, or fruit, or any plants that are chocolate scented! You can send edible and non-edible seeds. Please do not send anything other than seeds (no plants, bulbs, cuttings, etc.)

Specify what you would like back: edible, non-edibles, or a mix of both. I will do my best to fill your request, but it all depends on what is sent in. Please make sure you are okay with receiving back whatever comes in - within the category "Chocolate" of course!

Do not send invasive plants, noxious weeds, or seeds more than 2 years old.

Please include on the packet label: the name of the seed, information about it, your Garden Web name, and whether your seeds are from a commercial source or hand-collected.

The limit to send is 10 packs. Do not send more than 3 packs of any one variety. Anything above these limits will be considered extras and I will try to send back extras to the people who send in extras, but that assumes it will work out. It depends on the varieties that come in. It is possible with "extras" that you may get some of your own packs back.

There is no minimum on the number of packs. You can send in as little as one pack of seeds. As for the number of seeds in the pack, please send in the number of seeds that you would be comfortable receiving yourself. That may vary depending on the variety. For example, the coleus called 'Chocolate Mint' is a bit more pricey than some other seeds. That may be the case with some other chocolate seeds also. As a general rule, there should be a minimum of 10 seeds per pack.

Sign up by Feb. 10 and have all seeds mailed by the 14th. That will give you about 3 weeks - from now - to order or sort through what seeds you have. Then I can spend the last part of Feb. getting them sorted and mailed back out.

After you sign up here on this thread, please send me an e-mail with your full name, address, GardenWeb name, and your e-mail address. I will reply back to you with my mailing address.

Use a bubble envelope in good condition when you mail to me (it will be used to mail back your new seeds) and include all of the following along with your seeds:

1. Mailing label with your full address on it

2. Stamps equal to what you used to mail plus one extra in case an extra stamp if needed

3. A piece of paper with your GardenWeb name, e-mail address, and a list of what you sent in (so you don't get those seeds back)

Here are a few more examples of seeds to consider for this swap. I'm sure you can come up with many more ideas:

Chili Pepper 'Naga Jolokia Chocolate'

Sunflower 'Claret'

Verbascum 'Copper Rose'

Aquilegia 'Chocolate Soldier'

Cosmidium 'Phillipine'

Chocolate Cherry Tomato

Pepper 'Sweet Chocolate'

Rudbeckia 'Chocolate Orange'

With chocolate actually being brown, you can consider tints, shades and tones that relate to brown, but try to stay within that color category. For example, a buff or beige color or a red-brown will be acceptable. However, do not send something that is pure yellow or orange. If you have any questions, just ask.

I hope we can indulge in lots of chocolate in February!

Jeanne

Comments (49)

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars120 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company