SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nuwanda_gw

Leaves yellowing, dropping off.

nuwanda
10 years ago

Greetings from New Zealand.

Got a problem with my peppers developing yellowing on the lower leaves which sometimes causes the leaf and stem to fall off.

You may also be able to detect some rusty spots on a couple of leaves.

Plants were transferred to their big pots about three weeks ago. From seed they had had very vigorous growth and were looking very healthy and deep green. I grew them in a very gritty mixture I made myself from screened seed raising mix and pumice.

For the big pots I purchased organic compost in bags from the garden center. This was a standard commercial variety, essentially the store brand of which they must sell thousands of bags each week.

The compost seems to hold onto moisture, although it breaks up nicely in the hand even when newly watered.

The annuums (Anaheim, Cherry, Hungarian, Cayenne) seem to be yellowing the most. The Serrano has a couple of very nasty looking leaves at bottom but the rest of the plant seems pretty good. I have a couple of Bhut Jolokia and one Habanero and so far they look to be keeping their color and health.

Other than watering, the plants have had no fertiliser since they were re-potted three weeks ago. Previously I'd been feeding them a regular weak solution of regular liquid fert.

Any ideas?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville