SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
materwitch

NEW: Incredible Edibles: Seed Clean Out Swap

sunnyk
13 years ago

Happy New Year to All of my Fellow Gardeners! And Welcome to our 3rd Annual Seed Clean Out!

It is the time of year when many of us start planning our gardens and ordering our seeds.So this is the perfect time to go through last years seeds and clean them out to make room for this years orders and acquisitions .

HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:

This will be for edibles only. These can be vegetables, fruits, herbs and edible flowers.

Please no seeds older than 2008

This is truly meant to clean out your stash of seeds.

Since it is a seed clean out, there is a good chance of you getting less seeds back than you sent in. Unwanted and extra seeds are being donated to Need4Seed, an organization that distributes seeds to those in need. So this is a great way to get some new (to you) seeds for your stash, but

mainly to help out those who really need it :)

Please send a list of seeds that you have sent in, along with a list of seeds you do not wish to receive back. Make sure to include both your name & GW name on the list.

Also, please send a list of the types of seeds you would like to receive back. Make sure to include both your name & GW name on this list.

Make sure to update your trade list and want list on the Gardenweb!

Please send seeds to me in a Bubble Envelope.

You will need to send me a Return Address Label, and enough postage to get your package back to you. So whatever it costs to get it to me is what you should include for the trip back :)

Once I go through all of the seeds, and pack up all of the envies, I will take the leftovers and post a 'Going Once Going Twice' thread. To keep things moving along, I will keep it updated for 3 days. If there is anything on the list that sparks your interest speak up and I will add it to your stash on a first come first serve basis...after 3 days whatever isn't claimed will be sent along to Need4Seed.

I will hold sign ups until January 20. On January 21st I will e-mail all participants my address. Please then have the seeds in the mail by the 28th so they have a chance at getting to me by January 31. The first week in February will start the "Going Once, Going Twice" posts. I hope to have the seeds go out during the second week in February.

Here is to a Bountiful 2011!!

SunnyK

Donna

Comments (84)