SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gloriab3

UPDATE: 3600 get a daylily, send a daylily

gloriab3
19 years ago

Hi Good morning all. This round robin is an extention of the wonderful traders who when at all possible trade daylilies. We are waiting again for spring so we can trade. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, givng, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recomendation.We'd love to have you!

We are currently doing a box swap which consists of lots of goodies... but no live daylilys!

YETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Comments (100)

• Joeypack
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Jean and G- I jsut planted a ton of new oriental lilies! I lvoe them too! I found a great person to buy them from on the lilyauction website. Most were in the 4-5 range, but they all were at least the size of a baseball and a few were at least as big as a softball! These were new varieties too! Joey

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

ok I am back.... its about 11... or ten.... or who knows but at 6 I could have feel asleep for days!

Is it just me or does anyone else read susans emails and wish they would never end..... I mean posts.... shes loaded with wisdom, we are blessed!

Mary.. its cool, I have done worse... I ll just keep bugging the mailman.. grin.

MAREA THanks again and yes honey seeds... I have your seeds.. think maybe I should send them...grinning big! If I dont get my act together soon Ill be kicked out of my own band of angels....

dawn.... our steeler and falcon game wont happen,,, we were both robbed! would have been so cool..... especially if we would have won! So... who is going to win? lets guess.. is betting daylilys illegal? grin...

reminder to send your valentine boxes on the 28th of this month.. FRIDAY>>>

more in the morning... xoxox g "miss vacation!"

• Related Discussions

4400 Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

Q

Comments (101)
    Thanks Canna for matching us up. Now I'll have to drive clear to Texas or somewhere just to find something Jo doesn't have!!! I think we need to know a couple of months in advance who we'll have so we can check out their lists and see what we can find. lol Canna, thanks for bringing us along on your trip today. I love to be the fly on the wall and I feel as though I was watching everything. You tell it good girl! I'm still laughing, read it aloud to DH and he was laughing too. Jo, you need to hush about Joanne's. If I go there I'd be divorced because I'd have to buy fabric AND garden goodies. I can't even afford to feed one hobby/habit at a time much less two. Pretty daffs Marea! I want more varieties every year. Jo, I'm waiting on those pics so hurry the bulbs along. Where's Anita? Haven't seen her lately! I went outside yesterday and poked around and found that I'm going to have lots more iris blooms than I first thought! Thank you Anita!!! I really didn't expect them to bloom this year so I'm tickled pink! Sharon, everybody needs a pink flamingo! lol It was always a big joke in my hometown and when my boss there built a huge new home on the lake one of his friends bought him some for house warming. Really funny! That makes me think of his female friend he was raised with who got married and sent out invitations to the wedding. Two years later she got a divorce, took the extra wedding invitations to the printer and had them print a divorce party announcement on the reverse side! Now who would have thought of that? oops, sorry that isn't about gardening! TTYL, Nancy
    ...See More

4900!!! Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

Q

Comments (100)
    Hello all, Got a few pictures to share...Yea I got it figured out. Isn't it kewl..love my garden junk..lol...DH felt sorry for me..Ya see I was working and fell and kinda of hurt a rib and my fore arm..Really really nice bruising going on..Not to worry with a few meds all is fine..as long as the meds don't wear off..LOL..Trellis is what your looking at by the way..the black rod iron..he sanded,painted and put it together for me..Have an clematis going up it ..hopefully I just love this..Hopeing to grow some tpye of vine up this too..so it looks like an umbrella..Please don't look at the mess behind it..Was a deck there..took it out last year and haven't gotten around to do anything there yet.Heve to move my close line and then move around alot of the gardens..Then just put down some slate..ya ya thats all..LOL and YES I want my close line BACK.. Sorry this isn't the best picture..first time it's bloomed for me.Only know it as an Trout lily. Yes we behind all of you..thats zone 4..LOL Can't you just smell them..Hummm..spring..=) Anita ..Hugs hun...hope all works out for you.. LOVE,just love the window.Now just have to figure out where I can put one..=) Pictures are great..love seeing everyones gardens and blooms.
    ...See More

NEW: Send a Named Daylily-get a new daylily swap

Q

Comments (2)
    I'm not sure how I should do this but here I go: I would love any of these daylilies: Susan Weber, Spiny Sea Urchin, Geneva Firetruck,Chance Encounter, Wish Fulfillment,Fourty Second Street, Sea Urchin, Paper Butterfly. Anything frilled, ruffled or teethed, diamond or gold dusted..Any Spacecoast (Well I can dream can't I)? As far as what I can send...I'll wait until others sign up so I know what they want and can send whatever I have that matches up. If I'm not doing this right....flowersandbirds4ever please let me know. I couldn't figure out how you would be able to match up wants if we didn't list them here? Budsnblooms
    ...See More

UPDATE: traveling daylily angels 5500 send & get daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Hey ya! I hope everyone had a nice long weekend to enjoy. Beautiful weather here! Sherri, wish I could keep her this size. MaryB, a diagram for you :). Lots more stuff in there not pictured. Brugmansia 'Creamsickle' three blooms on a heat stressed plant and Coleus 'Lava Rose'- my favorite coleus this year. My business is slow as expected when starting out. I have a partial website (go figure?), my license, business cards. Made a bag with my logo on it that I carry around. I have about 6 websites going right now. Enough to pay the business bills. BTW, Gloria I have a bill for you coming your way today :). Love ya, Hottie! CindyO, you are about 350 miles for me, well duh, I guess you already know how far. I would love to come! I can drop my back seat in the Blazer and make lots of room, but I would have to leave the kids with you so I could haul the loot back home. Love that seedling of yours! I just picked the last of the seedpods yesterday. Now we have about 1000 seeds to figure out where to plant. Marea! YAY, a tropical! Diane, got your test email. Debbie, happy B-day! Miss Susan, have you and Dan gone off and got married without us? The Stapelia you sent me last year is about to bloom any day now. I may be cussing you soon :). Anita, your in my thoughts. Deni, if you can read this, you are the most thoughtful and generous soul! ~Canna
    ...See More
  • nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Good Morning All,

Mamma G,
    Remember yesterday, I told you on the phone, we are short one for Jan-Feb swap, Right now Sharon D has no partner, I would love to say, I could pick her up, but after what I just spent on our Daylily Co-op, I CAN'T!!!HELP ME!!!!,

Dawn,
    Yesterday's post should have read I CANT map quest a PO box(:

Co-op-Update-
    Rebecca- Done
    Janet- Done
    Gay- Done
    Nancy- Done
    Becky- Done
    Jean- Done
    Gloria- Done
    Anita- Done
    Barb- Done-This is my Sister, if anyone was wondering
    Leah- Done- This is my Mom, if anyone was wondering

Will update as I receive,

Ellen,
    You Too can be added to this list at ANY time before ship date:) As long as they are not sold out,

Have a great day all, I think I am going to actually go do some housework!!!!YUCK, :)Anita

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

Morning all!

G, yes, I got the address labels yesterday! They are great. Have you been ebaying again? :) Thank you so much, what a nice surprise. Sounds like you had a blast of a birthday. I am trying to talk Doug into taking me to Mecca in May for mine (minus the kids). :):):)

Dianne, I picked up some goodies for you yesterday for your box. Good thing, 'cause I thought they were going out on Monday!

Jean, no fair! I need some oriental lilies! Joey, cough up the name of your great connection. Brothers share.

Hi Ellen! Kids keeping you busy? My daughter found one of my son's Halloween costumes from when he was 4. It is a blue's clue costume, and she has been wearing it and pretending to be a dog. It's two sizes too big for her. Oh, and snow boots.

Gay, we had a possum couple that would leasurely walk through our back yard every evening after dark. I would leave fruit and bread scraps out for the birds, and the possums would come along and eat them. They never seemed to mind us watching them. All I could see of them was their pink eyes shining in the deck lights.

Better get busy.

~Canna

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Morning all

I am feeling a little better after that terrible loss to the Patriots. Was so sad to see a great season end that way.

MamaG, I know I should be rooting for the Patriots, but that won't happen. I am hoping Philadelphia goes all the way. Gotta' stick with the PA team.
    Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday. What fun! What are you and DH going to do today? More shopping? Hope you have a great time.

Ellen, I know how you feel. I'd give anything to be out working in the garden. It's sooooo cold here. 7 degrees this morning, and supposed to be 0 degrees tomorrow morning. The gardens are all buried in snow, so I can't even look at the "bones". I've been so busy, but will be making time to start some seeds this weekend. I need flowers too! I do have an Amaryllis that is about to open. That might cheer me up a little.

Punxy Phil better not see his shadow!!

Jean, that is such a beautiful picture. Does your chrysanthemum come back for you? I have pretty good success with mine. I've had a few of the same ones for years. I grow tons of them at the golf course. I'll have to see if I can find a picture.

Anita, I don't believe the succulents are hardy. Most of my succulents spend the winter in the greenhouse. I would like to start collecting more that are, though. I only have 2 different Semps. I got a few new sedum last year though, and can't wait to see if they all made it. I planted a few of them kind of late.
    As far as the pond de-icers, It's hard for me to figure the exact amount 'cause I have 3 of them and they run on thermostats, so they turn off and on. They are all different wattages. I just bought a 200 watt bird-bath heater to try using in my smallest (60 gal.) pond. It is working great as you can see.

That's where "Ernie", my first goldfish lives. He's close to 8 years old. I have his pond covered to keep out predators.

Here's an example to figure elec. cost. I'll use my 200 watt heater.

Multiply watts (200) x hours used (we'll say 8) = 1600 watt hours

Divide watt hours (1600) / by 1000 = 1.6 kilowatt hours

Then, multiply kWh (1.6) x the price of electricity (6 cents, or .06) = approx. 10 cents

So running that 200 watt heater for 8 hours a day for 30 days will cost me somewhere around $2.88.

My larger, 1200 watt heaters run for 8 hours a day for 30 days cost somewhere around $17.28.

Unfortunately, with all this cold weather they are probably on longer than 8 hours total, meaning more $$$. Next winter, I plan to do away with my 2 - 1200 watt heaters and buy new ones with lesser watts. I will keep the others as back-ups.

Hope I helped a little. To me it's worth it to have the piece of mind that all my fishies & plants will make it through the winter.

Also, I stopped by that nursery yesterday. No one was there. I left yet another message on their machine. Maybe they are on vacation??????????
    I can't believe we are that close! If my schedule allows, I will definatley try to come.

Joey, glad you had a nice time off. I'll bet your place will be gorgeous by wedding time.

Susan, wonderful words, as always. I love reading your (and Dan's) posts.
    Keeping it together, HA!! I don't know about that! I wake up reeeeaaaal early. That's my best advice. I could never get half the things done I do without waking at 3 or 4 am. Crazy, I know. Life has definately changed since taking over running DH's company. It's not bad now, but I will be back to work at the golf course soon, and starting my own business back up close to the same time. I will be the one needing advice on keeping it together, lol!

Marea, I forgot to return your email. Thanks. Yes, the one is definately an Echeveria. But which one?????? Hmmmmmm. Loved the pic you sent. Oh, I found my maracas..

Well, DH has the day off 'cause it's tooooo cold. We are going to drive to Wheeling, WV and spend the afternoon at the dog track. I hope they bundle up the poor greyhounds in this kind of weather! Wish me luck. I have very little to bet with, but hope to turn it into big bucks!

Have a great day everyone....keep thinking Spring.......

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Canna, Yes, the kids are keeping me busy along with substitute teaching, job hunting, and my on-line sales activities. Oh and don't forget keeping the house. I feel like I have four jobs. I can just picture your daughter in the costume, she sounds adorable. My daughter was being particularly cute this morning pretending to be a dog and insisting that I try and throw pretzels into her mouth. It's the kids new thing - running around pretending to be dogs. Now your daughter has something else in common too - my daughter looooves her snow boots too.

Anita - you are making this very hard for me to resist. I'll let you know. Thanks!

Has anyone heard from Cathy - my partner? She hasn't posted in a couple of weeks and I'm worried about her. Has she confirmed that she's in? I'm worried that she's too overwhelmed by everything to put together a box.

Alright everyone 51 days till spring and counting!

Ellen

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Okay ladies!!!!!!! Here is the scoop on the lily lady. Go to daylilyauction. Look under other garden plants. The seller is named buggycrazy. Joey

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

Ok, Joey, that was a baaaad idea...

Ellen, I snapped some pics of my DD in costume. I just love the toddler years!
    {{gwi:1237303}}
    {{gwi:1237306}}

~Canna

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Joey - I agree with Canna - that's a baaaaaad idea. Anita's already making it tough for me with the daylilies. I'm finding the prices very very hard to refuse!

Canna - toooo cute. Don't ya love them. They just add so much to our lives - don't they!

Ellen

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

OH Canna LOVE the pictures..she so CUTE..=)
    and I still do get it...sorry ..thats posting a link to a picture in the post..
    So heres another lily called Silk Roads

It's a whole 10 out with wind chill of -3,don't ya just love winter..NOT!!!

Can you fell the warmth..aaa sun.

MamaG ..I might be alittle late on that send date..might be Monday..I don't leave the house in the winter if I DON'T have to..so I won't have all the things I want to put in the box till friday..picking them up between shifts...I might make it..=)

Big Hugs to all

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Dirtpig HONEY.. YOU may take all the time you need to FILL UP MY BOX......

doouble grins...

love, g

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

laptop died and too cold to go in the basement but I missed everyone and took a chance! I've been volunteering at work 3 hrs a day and I am wiped out when I am finished, I guess doctors knew what they were talking about.

Anita thanks so much for organizing the daylily shopping. It is truly appreciated!!!

I will try to catch up with all the posts, ;pve a;; the pics but must go back and read what susan and dan had to say, I always cry when susan posts a novelette :)

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Hi everyone!

I've been busy tonight getting the Feb. box ready for my partner,Dawn! Going out tomorrow!

Canna: What cute pictures! She is so cute! They sure do not stay little long enough!

Dirtpig: Loved those lily pictures, too. Was the pink one Stargazer?

MamaG glad you had a great birthday!

Joey: Perhaps I better not go to that lily site. I got into enough trouble with Anita's daylily co-op! And so far I have not ordered any hostas! I must be slipping! (smile)
    Better go finish up the box! MaryS

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

ELLEN>>>> heres my answwer....

anita.... we have one short correct.. so if ellen sends to soomeone other than catbird who should she send too??????

ellen whoever anita says to send too... then thats YOUR person.... I looked on the lists above..... I know Jaye is out and also one other...... anita knows( she has a list) grin!

Ill be back monday from my second vacation this month! MY DD and her company will be here to take care of the dogs, the cat, the fish, and the icebox!

DIRTPIG dont mail till monday as I will not either.....

I went and got more daylilys,,,,,, Anita the order was DOUBLE of what ours was....no single plant shipping charge either.... marea..did not order from waycross.... soooo as I figure I need 10 more beds before april.... oh hooneyyyyyyyyy!

maybe i should get an interest going in marbles?????

IF WHILE I am gone the 100 post happens someone take it over till I get back.... dont wait on me... we all are addicted!

Canna, those were ordered in NOVEMBER.... then I got an email she needed your address..... in JANUARY!!!!!! LHM!
    Im glad they were cool tho... its so hard now.. I see lighthouses all over...........

ok goodnight johnboys! xoxo g

• cody_mi
    19 years ago

gloria
    did you get the seeds i sent you?
    just checking
    cody

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

oh i forgot to say...CANNA you are toooo talented for words those hosta rocks are awesome!!!!!

gay i am mailing on monday (unless i get snowed in again)

MELISSA

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

Quick check in to see what's going on:)
    Dawn,
    Thanks for all the info:) Greatly appreciated, & If Phil does, we are sending Susan after him with one of her gun's!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca,
    I loved the pic's of your DD, she looks so content, Hey maybe sometime you can come to NY & she can put them boots to good use:)

Jean,
    I almost traded for Silk Road, That is awesome, Now I really want one & is that a Dahlia that I should have next to it? Your pic is breathtaking, sniff, sniff I need a better camera, The Coriopsis-sp? Is that Chocolate Sweet Williams? If so Maybe I should move a clump of my Coriopsis by my CSW, & Can you tell me the name of that Coreopsis?

Cody,
    I think you are the person she is referring to here,
    Posted by: gloriab3 z7 North Ga. (My Page) on Wed, Jan 26, 05 at 13:01
    "Also, thanks to whoever sent me ...... your good as I dont even know the state??? Noone here lives in the state..."

TMA-Sharon & Ellen,
    If the ones that are out are correct, Than you 2 are swap partners for Jan-Feb Swap,

Mary B,
    I am not done with your box, I did not know we had a deadline of today, I will not be sending yours out till next week:(Anita

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Good morning ladies!
    Jean- I must have silk road! I lvoe all of the lilies!
    Anita- how is the baby?
    Someone, can you please send me susans address????? I came back and found that many of my emails were deleted? Joey

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Anyone interested in trading for 50 + Lycoris Radiata? They make a beautiful display!!!!!!!! Contact me if interested. Joey

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

Hey, Joey, I'll take a few off your hands. I've got some Dahlia 'Honka' that multiplied like rabbits last summer. It is a miniature about 3ft tall, 4 inch flower.

Dahlia 'Honka'

I have the Lycoris sprengeri (Tye Dye) from Plant Delights for 3 years now and it has NEVER bloomed and it is still a single bulb. I moved it in the fall from our irrigated beds hoping that it will make some difference.

DD may get to use her snow boots tomorrow. We are under a winter storm warning tonight and tomorrow morning with ice involved. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow! She is such a hoot and already has her own style. We went shopping yesterday and she had on her boots and a pair of orange sunglasses (matches her hair :), a hot pink jacket, and her Thomas the tank engine backpack on. If I try to re-dress her, she gets REALLY mad, LOL! She is the only one in the family that doesn't wear glasses, so she wanted some too and I got her the sunglasses.

Dawn, your math hurts my head, LOL, J/K! I don't heat my little ponds and the fishies are in a suspended animation all winter. One of them is a small container pond sunken in the ground, half barrel size, but only 15" deep, with lotus in it. I bought a baby comet to keep the mosquito population down. I forgot the little guy was in there and the water froze nearly to the soil line. After a thaw, I checked on him/her and I found him lying on his side, partially under a leaf. I got my net to get him out and he swam away! I guess he was sleeping :). I left him in there. If he can survive 11°, then he can handle anything. I would heat too if I was in the frozen tundra.

G, November? Holy Cow. Same here, I see rabbits, pansies and...um, frogs and think of you, LOL!

Gotta go to the grocery store so we can eat next week. Gonna get me some spagetti squash, Dawn. Thanks!

~Canna

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Ellen has told me she heard from Cathy, THEY ARE partners for JAN_FEB swap,

Sharon needs a partner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP SOMEONE

Joey,
    I will get back to you in a few minutes with info you want & I would LOVE to have some, Lycoris Radiata, Let me know if you could hold some till spring for me, PLEASE,

Off to make DH breakfast, :)Anita

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Joey - I saw some of the Lycoris Radiata blooming in NancyAnn's garden and really want some. What can I trade you for them.

Anita - Thanks for keeping track of the partners!

Canna - Don't you love their fashion sense! My daughter loves sunglasses too and I'm the only one who wears glasses. Time to teach her about color matching :))) LOL. Hmmm does she know her colors yet, mine DD doesn't.

Jean - Silk road is really beautiful - have to add that to my list.

Ellen

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ellen..... I have yah covered honey! Your my valentine!!!! Just gotta give me till I get back ok??????

I am suppose to be bathing and packing and here I am..... I just cant stand not KNOWING what yall are up to...

Joey whateveryou have extra of, as I cant spell it and dont have time to go look Ill also share....

Canna, I love your photos??? but wheres these rocks I keep hearing about?

Your yard area looks so neat???? We have to talkor you have to come help me! there isjust so much I want to do that I am overwhelmed.
    I need to send photos of my yard ot DAWN???

Dawn if I emailed you photos could you design like they do on those tv shows?

I have so much space that it all looks choppy to me... it is...doesnt flow... you know? I cant wait till spring to see if anything I did last year comes back pretty....

Is it too late to plant flower seeds now that I forgot to plsnt in the fall..... I have thousands of daisy seedsand french hollyhock seeds... can I ? anyone know? I dont want to waist them if I cant? I paid alot for the french hollyhocks... they are suppose to bloom the first year but i may have waited too long....

anyone know?

Ellen..... is there anything special you desire????? Let me know.... you have about three minutes? grin! I got yah covered girl....

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ellen.......... forget everthing I just wrote...

sharon and i are partners then correct?? Listen you guys...... i am shopping and ill send when i get back... I am soooooooooooooooooooo confused, or am I?????
    I need a vacation................ and thats where I am going......over and out...xoxoxo

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

KK MamaG will mail on Monday..Enjoy your weekend =)

Mary The pink lily is called Dizzy.

Joey I'm with ya on that one..I LOVE lilies..can never get enuff..=)

Hi Ya Cody

Anita..You should have traded..LOL...Yup thats a dahlia,sorry I don't remember the name of it tho.As for the
    coreopsis,well the tag is under about 2 feet of snow,sorry again.How ever the dianthus is Barbatus Nigrescens Sooty.
    I love it..grown it from seed.I gave some to my sister-in-law and it grows like a weed for her..=)I'll send you a few seeds,don't many,but enuff for you to get a plant or two..

One more lily for you all.This is Big Bang

Think Spring,Jean

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Anyone trading for spiderlilies with me, jsut drop me a line, and we can work something out.
    Jean-STOP! No more lilies! I jsut love them all!
    Cody- howdy! Did you get me email?
    Joey

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Alright, alright, everyone enough with the gorgeous lily pictures. I have almost no lilies and want some bad. I got a couple on trade last year but have not yet seen them bloom. I'm having a hard enough time with the daylily purchase.

Alright Jean, that one's going on the wish list too. Very different - I love it.

Ellen

• cody_mi
    19 years ago

anita
    thanks, i got an email from gloria today.

joey
    i didn't get an email from you, will you please resend it.

hello to you too dirty piggy.

i wanna get back into the rr but, alas, i have no job right now. perhaps come spring things will be better. i did quite a bit of dividing last fall, so i should have many daylilies to trade...especially spacecoast sunshine, i think i seperated off 6 single fans.

thanks guys
    cody

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

CODY... you have another email from me..... and angels I have invited cody back into our group and hope that the job marget opens up soon for you!
    Cody was one of the beginner angles.... and has since then proven to me to be a TRUE angel.... I recieved some daylily seeds that Cody said I could have in the mail when everone else had long forgotton.... thanks so much.
    I also owe coty a " Im sorry"... I dont really care to say for what....I just made a mistake, dont want to stir up a pot... just want to say Cody... WELCOME BACK!!!!!

Please post and let the new ones know about yourself.....
    thanks g.... who truely is not even suppose to be on this computer!

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

A quick check in before I head off to the post office.

Mary s, your package is on the way! I hope you enjoy it.

Canna, I FORGOT, the Hosta stone you painted. GORGEOUS!! You gots lotsa' talent, girly. It's so very creative. Love the black background. My brushes are sitting here STARING at me saying, "paint something.....anything". I have to clean up my seeds and get out the paint.
    Also, love that Dahlia! Very pretty.
    Glad your little fishie made it!

Jean, I need 'Big Bang'! It's lovely. I have very few lilies, but that is going to change real quick! Your pictures are so great. I also need those red & white dahlias you grow. What is the variety?

cody, Hi! Please tell us about yourself.

MamaG, Have LOTS of fun on your vacation. And BE GOOD, lol!

Well, off I go to the P.O. .......

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

Just wanted to say

WELCOME BACK CODY

Dawn sorry to say I don't remember what it was called.

This one is Can Can

Can you tell I'm tried of winter..LOL
    Jean

• cody_mi
    19 years ago

ok
    my name is cody and i live in michigan, if you didn't get that from my gw handle. i'm a 22 year old hort major/master gardener and i've been gardening seriously for 10 years. i mostly grow daylilies (around 275 named), heuchera and related (about 40 named), sedums (about 30 named), ornamental grasses (around 40 named) plus orchids, cacti, succulents, hosta and just about everything else you could think of!! i've been on gw for several years now. check out my members page and trade list if you're curious about anything else. heres a link to some of my photos, hope you enjoy!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/codymi

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Welcome aboard Cody,

We traded last year. I'm sure that you'll find this a great place to spend time.

Ellen

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Wow so much catching up to do. It's been 5 days and I just got home. Loved New Orleans and Mississippi. A couple from Mineral Bluffs, Georgia (Who was on our bus)won $11,000.00. The last night there and they won big.
    I'm so tired. The bus trip was 12 hours long. I don't think I want to go on another bus though.

I got ripped off over two phone calls from the hotel room. Cost $39.01. My Mom got sick just before I left so I called to see how she was. The service desk said phone calls were $12.00 a minute. I told them someone should have told me when I put up the deposit to use the phone.

Anita - I just sent you my money for the daylilies through Paypal. LMK if you don't get it. By the way the reason I did not take a name for the Jan.-Feb. swap was because of being gone and TMA (Sharon) e-mailed me and said she was out. I am in two other swaps, so I said OK I will do it the next time. ??????

Got to get to bed, sooooooo tired.
    Shirley

• User
    19 years ago

Canna--your Valentine's swap is in the mail. It will come in two boxes from two sources. The theme was non-fattening LOVE so I sent an experience YOU love and an experience I love and both are connected in a very attractive way.

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

GOOD MORNING ALL MY WONDERFUL DAYLILY FRIENDS,

It has warmed up to a balmy 15*. The sun is shining and it is just a glorius day. I have my first order in for some perennials. I will be sending Anita my money today for my DL's and I have the entire weekend off. The only thing that would make it any better is if my DH was home to share it with me instead of working, but he actually has been working all week, so I will not complain. He will have worked two full weeks as of today, they haven't called him once and told him not to come, so we are finally able to play catch up and get things straightened out. WHEW

Welcome back Cody,
    Hang on tight,this roller coaster ride is a fast one. (grin)

I have ordered from my fav place on the web,"pimpenella m. rosea" Pink Queen Anne's Lace, a perennial,non invasive one. It is just beautiful.A little later on, I will be ordering some tree peonies from her as well, they are to die for.And VERY inexpensive as tree peonies go.Her plants tend to be small, but very healthy, with good roots, and the prices are great. She has some very hard to find plants.
    My Amaryllis "orange sensation" is in full bloom, 2 stalks full of flowers, one was so heavy, it broke off, (6 blossoms) I have it in a vase, and it is blooming it's little heart out. I had a stake in there, but it just wasn't able to hold them both.

Anita,
    Do we have an updated list? of who is in, and who is out? I would really like to have one please, if you could send it to me. If we don't, we really need to make a new one. A complete list of who is in currently, who will be back in when spring comes, and who has left the group.

Cathy,
    Please let us know how you and julie are doing, all of us worry a lot.

Mamma G, and Dianne,
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

Susan,
    thank you for the info on "silvadene"

Jean,
    I too am really getting into Asiatic and oriental lilies, I bought 20 last fall from one of the neighbor kids selling them for school, several bags, mixtures, can't wait to see them bloom and see what they look like. Of course, now I have to add "silk road" and "big bang" to my list. You bad girl.

I have been looking for the DL "Dreams of Heroes" for my family garden to honor both of my sons military work. I have found it on the web, but the most inexpensive place has it for $75, and I just cannot afford that for one DL. Does anyone have a fan they would share? I would gladly trade 3 of any of my plants(that are big enough) for a well rooted fan. Or, if you know of a reputable place that has it for a lot less, PLMK. Here is a link:

http://www.bloomindesigns.com/product/DDREAMSHER

I will be sending out the info for my plant swap in the next few weeks, if you are interested, LMK and I will be glad to send you the info.

Well, today is "make a list,clean the house, water the plants, do laundry, dishes, sew, cook and collapse day" tomorrow is "sit on my backside,play on the 'puter, do nothing day", so, to make the second one a reality, I have to really get moving on the first.
    Everyone, have a wonderful day, and stay warm.

Hugs to all,

Jo

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Angie,

I will mail out your box on Monday,

Today is also "make the fudge day" hehehe

Jo

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Good Morning all!

Jean: Love all those lily pics! You bad girl! All's I need is one more plant addiction! They will be here for me in the white coats,soon!!!!!!Help! OK seriously, now, how and when is the best time to divide some of my old oriental lilies.They are getting out of control! You seem to be my zone 4 expert, here, LOL!

Cody, Welcome back! Glad to have you in our group! Good luck with the job search! I believe we traded some heuchera, heucherella, daylilies, and hosta last summer. All of your plants were doing great last fall!

Dawn...your package is on the way, too. No live plants and no candy....couldn't remember if you were one of the 'dieters'. I would think Monday or Tuesday at the latest!

Gotta go clean this house! MaryS

• becdav
    19 years ago

HI all,
    Sorry I haven't been posting so much lately. Have been missing it--
    my ex has been doing some really idiotic things and I'm afraid he's going to end up losing the family farm. Idiot, idiot, idiot!!! Can you tell I'm not real happy! I just don't get how a man can be so darn irresponible! Anyhow, now I'm trying to figure out how to come up with 6200.00 to keep him out of foreclosure. It's not so much for him but for our kids. We have 4 and that is their family home and supposed to be their inheritance. When we separated, I moved into a trailer next door and gave up the house, barn and five acres--I couldn't stay on the same farm as his family--his brother was constantly bugging me to the point of violence--and I received no support from anyone.
    There was more than enough money to care for things if done properly, but they have just wasted it away--unbelievably stupid waste.
    I've since been trying to finish my degree--will have this spring! yipppeee!!! and living in a trailer with no furnace, frozen pipes in the winter, but I'm a happy girl now--just hate how dumb they've been and now they're making me miserable again! Sorry for venting but thanks so much! Had to get it out somehow! Do you still need someone to participate in February trade?
    Let me know
    Becky

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Oh Becky,

I am so sorry to hear about all your problems. I will gladly add you to my prayer list. And it is no hardship to listen to your venting, we all come here for support, and gladly give it as well. That is what friends are for. Hang in there. Remember the saying, God never closes a door, without opening a window. I pray that you will find your window and that beyond it is a wonderful garden filled with all the beautiful flowers of life.

a big hug,

Jo

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Good Day All,
    I hope everyone knows who they have for the Jan-Feb box, as now I am very confused with the personal E-mails that others are out, All I know Is I have Mary B & I will be sending her box out this coming week,

Cody,
    Welcome back:) Hey now you never answered me back about them their Grasses you have to trade, as I told you in my E-mail, I did not know I wanted them till just a bit ago, They are something I need to add to my want list, I would love to set up a trade with you if you are interested???????Let me know I need to feed the need:)

CO-op-Update-
    Rebecca- Done
    Janet- Done
    Gay- Done
    Nancy- Done
    Becky- Done
    Jean- Done
    Gloria- Done
    Anita- Done
    Barb- Done
    Leah- Done
    Jo- Done
    Dawn- Done
    Mary S- Done

DS is calling so I have to go, will be back in a bit, as I have a bit more to say, :)Anita

• mareas
    19 years ago

Hello everyone - the Sun is actually shining here!

Becky - hang in there. Your trials sounds so hard but you have perservered so far - I can't wait to hear the amazing story of how the money comes... Probably through the window like our dear, wise Jo says.

CODY!! Welcome back! You are always so fun - I'm happy you're gonna spend more time with us.

Canna - I've been touring the many hand crafted shops here in tourist land [Shakespearean Theatre] for info on what's selling best and discovered that PAINTED ROCKS sell like hotcakes. The ones I saw for sale were NOT as beautifully done as yours (of course we all KNOW you are a truley gifted artist) and are selling for $35-$60+. Thanks so much for the Hellebore and Malea's photos - both brought me joy.

Jean - Your wonderful Lily photos are helping with the wait for flowers - thanks! I know how you feel - I've been going through my photos & even going to flower shops to help keep the winter blah's away, too... My yellow Flag iris' are holding on in their pots and I send you a great big smile whenever I check on 'em.

I searched the web for info on epiphyllium's - all I find are photos of the exquisite flowers but I'd love to know what the plant itself looks like - do any of you have photos of yours?

Daylily seeds: I finally fell off the wagon and bought a few daylily seeds - since I'm going to very carefully grow the Ida's Magic ones brother Joey gave us, I thought I might as well try for some others, too, to fill up a flat *grin* The crosses I HAD to have:
    ((Court Magician x Wedding Band) x Darla Anita)
    ((Isle of Zanzibar x Great White) x Mildred Mitchell)
    (Huckleberry Candy x Big Blue)

Ornamental Grasses: Hey, Anita, I have several ornamental grass seeds I'll share with you if you'd like. If you still have some on your want list after you connect with Cody, let me know.

Dawn - Bird with Maracas was just precious, thank you! Glad you joined the Traveling Daylily band, in your spare time.

Mommabear the party animal - isn't G. a hoot? So HAPPY you are out and about, girlfriend, and letting off steam in French restaurants and all...

Off to pack up RM's Valentine's box ~ Mareasemp

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Oh Man, I thought I would have more time today, guess not, but I need to keep my list updated,
    CO-op-Update-
    Rebecca- Done
    Janet- Done
    Gay- Done
    Nancy- Done
    Becky- Done
    Jean- Done
    Gloria- Done
    Anita- Done
    Barb- Done
    Leah- Done
    Jo- Done
    Dawn- Done
    Mary S- Done
    Shirley- Done

Guess I will have to play catch up later,

Ellen,
    I will get that E-mail to you in the morning, :)Anita

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

take off a layer of clothes it's 28!!!!!!!!

i hope all of you guys south of maryland came through the ice ok.....g, gay, canna, all the rest check in

its house cleaning day since no one has done anything since thanksgiving!!!

MELISSA

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

where the hootie is everyone? i alphabetized my trade lists today....it got me out of cleaning the bathroom

MELISSA

• User
    19 years ago

Hey, Melissa, I'm here. Been organizing the business tax papers. Is there anything worse than preparing taxes? I swear I'd rather give birth.

My trading will be severely cut back with the wedding pictures being taken here. But that's okay, it's not like there's ANY PRESSURE on me at all. Oh, did I say that out loud?

Maybe it's time for me to hit the couch and wait for Desperate Housewives.

• gaygay
    19 years ago

melissa .we are thawing out now,lots of ice,didnt lose power yet! send me your address,im having puter problems again ,gay

• cody_mi
    19 years ago

anita
    check my list they should all be available this spring.

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

Morning all!

I'm here, I think.

Went to a wedding Saturday, reception that night, and danced my hootie off, LOL! Chardonnay...Bad Canna...

Ok, Dianne, your box will be on it's way this afternoon. It would be this morning, but I had to go back to DS school and pick him up. He ralphed his breakfast in the classroom, so I won't be going anywhere until DH comes home.

Jo, the DL you want is a Ted Petit intro. I will see him this weekend and see if I can get it at discount...yeah right! LOL! It's a beauty! Maybe it will pop up on the lily auction.

(((HUGS))) to you, Becky. Glad to hear from you!

Welcome back, Cody!

We did not get the bad weather as expected, it was all around us. We had sleet and freezing rain that clung to the trees and cars, etc. Looks like G might have gotten it pretty bad.

Thanks to everyone with their comments on MaryB's Hosta rock. Noooo Mareasemp, I am not a gifted artist. But, I do have fun whether it is good or not. I do a website for a Native American craft fair in the fall and have thought of maybe getting a booth and tying to sell them. Not sure how well it would go among the handcrafted jewelry, bow and arrows, and flint knapping natives. Susan, you would fit in there on your horse with a spear and your fiery red hair waving in the wind, LOL!

Jean, loving the pics! I think I have around 2300 pics to go through from this past year. I hope to get around to put up a website, sort of a way to organize the pics.

Alrighty, I need to get busy.

~Canna

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Im number 100!!!!!!!!

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional