SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy547

Kathy547's Secret Pal Swap...January check in

Kathy Johnson
19 years ago

Since it's already January (Happy New Year!!!) I thought I'd get this posted before anyone started getting their January package. Please post here when you receive something from your Secret Pal so I can check your name off & so that your SP knows you received it.

Comments (77)

• dawiff
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Secret Pal o' Mine,

I got the calendar and the columbine seeds today. Thanks SO MUCH! I love them both!

Here are the answers to the questions you asked in your card (very pretty BTW! Thanks for that too!)

My favorite color is just about any shade of red or pink. Burgundy, dusty rose, also green colors. Basically all the shabby chic colors, I love shabby chic! I love used stuff too, I shop at the thrift store all the time.

I love to cook, right now we are trying to follow a low-carb diet, not real sure it's working too well, though. It seems to be working fine for DH but not for me, but we are forging ahead with it anyway.

As far as craft supplies, right now I am into scrapbooking and altered art, and also tole painting. I got a bunch of painting supplies for Christmas, but a lot of my paint is kind of old, so I could really use some more of those little bottles of acrylic paint.

I am trying winter sowing for the first time this year. Let's see, what seeds are on my want list? Johnny jump-ups, cosmos, hollyhocks, hibiscus moscheutos (swamp mallow), echinacea purpurea (purple coneflower) and vitex are the first things that come to mind.

Sorry I've bored everyone with listing the answers to my Secret Pal's questions.

Secret Pal, I really hope you are not one of those who hasn't received anything yet, cause you are the best!

Thanks so much!

Alison

• KnoxvilleGirl
    19 years ago

Alison,
    i am not your secret pal, but unfortunately my secret pal said the SAME thing...and I AM one of those that is a BIG giver and has recieved NADA.
    hopefully this will change...

• Related Discussions

Kathy547's Secret Pal Swap...March check in

Q

Comments (75)
    Hello All! I just wanted to post a thank you to my Secret Pal! My March package came today and I was thrilled to see it! It was just chock full of wonderful stuff! A big package of scrapbooking stuff, a birdie windchime that I just love, some plant labels that will come in VERY handy, also a cute little bunny statue and a bunny trinket box (both for Easter, but I can still use them out in the garden later). And a nice card! I also want to let my Secret Pal know that I have been sticking very conscientiously to my diet, and have actually lost some weight, so I want to say a BIG thank you for NOT sending Easter candy! LOL I would not have been able to resist! I was really glad to hear that you do winter sowing! I do too! I have loads of containers out there, but the weather this week has been above freezing for the first time in months, so I do not have any sprouts yet :( I'm glad to hear that you have been busy planting your hunks of seedlings. Hope they do well for you. The snow is finally melting off my garden beds, and I have crocuses blooming! Also, lots of little green shoots coming up. It's so wonderful to see the garden waking up again after its long sleep. We might get more snow tonight, but at this point it probably won't last long! I sure hope so anyway. Thanks so much Secret Pal, you are the best! Alison
    ...See More

update: kathy547's secret pal swap......july check-in

Q

Comments (45)
    I got a lovely box from my Secret Pal today, it really cheered me up! There was a very pretty dangly made of colored glass that is already hanging outside, and some seeds (always a good choice), and the cutest Mary Englebreit cards. I loved your note too, Secret Pal, sorry it has been so hot where you are, we had some very hot days this past week too, where the heat index put us up in the triple digits, the humidity was just exhausting. Thanks for the pretty pictures of your flowers, I love the daylilies. You did offer two of them, and I have to say I would love to get them! Both of the ones that you put stars next to the photos will look lovely in my garden. This fall I am going to redo the bed by my driveway (for about the third time since I put it in) and those daylilies will look wonderful in there. Thanks again for the great and very welcome package, Secret Pal! Alison
    ...See More

UPDATE: Kathy547's Secret Pal Swap - August check-in

Q

Comments (42)
    Hello Pal! I received a wonderful package today from my pal. A nice assortment of a variety of different coffees. I love flavored coffee, and will be treating myself to a pot on my day off this coming Friday. Don't worry about not sending me a bunch of plants; I know what you mean by not having a bunch ready to divide, etc. Sounds like you are really having a dry summer. We had rain through June, then a heat wave for most of July & August and now a little relief. We have set heat records here. I figured out how to use the digital camera and how to post pics, so I will post a pic that you have requested. One is a pic of our cabin as I stand on the end of the dock and the other from my neighbors dock. The one from the neighbors dock shows the beginnings of the flower bed/strip I am starting. It will be about 75 - 100 ft long and 15 ft wide when done. I have a long ways to go, and it's a lot of clay to dig through and out. Pictures make it look a lot nicer shape than it is. Needs lots of updating. Now to figure out how to make them smaller, they are way to big - sorry about this.
    ...See More

UPDATE: Kathy547's Secret Pal Swap.....September Check-In

Q

Comments (39)
    I received a wonderful birthday box from my secret pal! I love it! I've tried to send a picture but it's not working for me. So, here's a link: http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/everafter/Secret+Pal+Birthday+Box.JPG.html I absolutely love cookbooks, bulbs (tulips are my favorites) along with the bulb planter and gloves, the lavender pot with seeds is so perfect for me, citrinella candles are great for our area!, butterfly picture and frame is too cute and the glass rose is already on a shelf! Everything is wonderful and I'm sure I left something out as there was sooooo much! Thank you very much! Susan
    ...See More
  • darlene87
    19 years ago

I received a real nice package yesterday from my secret pal. Also a real sweet card. There were plenty of packages of seeds to winter sow, which I did some today. It has been 62 out for the last few days, so time to limber ourself up. Some of the seeds, I have never grown, like Birds Foot, and hostas from seed. I have always done purchased hostas. She sent hosta seed, and am excited to try new varieties. Also verbena, which I love, liatris, nice to have clumps of them all over, and other seeds, all in real nice packages she made. Very cute, and full of personality. Thank you secret pal, this will keep me busy for quite some time.
    Darlene

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Pal, I am a little late this month, sorry but I went shopping and everything cute was for valentines day, so Febuarys pkg is ready to go, but a little stuck on January. by Monday I promise to get it in the mail sorry late but not forgotten
    carol

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Thankyou SP you are wonderful, I received a goody box, I think it must be from my pal in this swap, candy, clock, seeds and more. thankyou pal if I am posting in the right swap
    I loved it thankyou carol

• leann2800
    19 years ago

I recieved goodies from my secret pal today!!!! I got 2 gardening magazines which are not available in my area. I work in a library and I love to read as well as garden. Thank you Secret Pal! I also received a cute card with cherries on it and it has some more seeds for me to try out in the little green house I got this year during the holidays. Thanks again Secret Pal. I hope you had a wonderful day today.

Leann

• Eliz33
    19 years ago

Mine will be mailed out today. Hope my pal enjoys!

• sandysgardens
    19 years ago

I mailed my pals out earlier this week - it should arrive anytime, if not already.

• rudybacon
    19 years ago

Hi, my secret pal sent me a bunch of seeds. She must have read another post where I said that's what I obsess on in the winter time. Thank you for the great assortment, I think they will all grow here for me.

In her pretty card she asked me for some info.
    I am partial to lavender, purple, and blue---not too crazy about red. But sometimes red is incredible. I grew Scarlet O'Hara Morning glories for the first time and they blew me away.

I read so much that I don't think you could get me anything that I probably haven't read already.

On the cross stitch, I like the counted cross stitch, not the stamped ones. I love butterflies, hummingbirds, and garden related. To date I have lost at least 3 meedles never to be seen again. At least they haven't become lodged in me or anyone else.

Oh, and by the way, I am allergic to chocolate and most any sweets. My husband sure likes it when I get any though.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks again, Kathy

• gulliblevolunteer
    19 years ago

bumping before we scroll off the bottom.

• lbmoore
    19 years ago

With this being a 12 month swap, I wanted to make a suggestion.

We need to try and keep our wish lists in our profiles or "My Page" up to date.

There are several of us on more than one swap and who participated in several Christmas exchanges. If you have already recvd something on your wish list and dont update it then you may recv more than you want of something.

AND as with spring approaching and new seeds and products are coming out I'm sure there are new wants to add to your wish lists!

SO, let's keep em updated!

• KnoxvilleGirl
    19 years ago

I recieved a box of bulbs from Kathy to make up for not getting anything from my secret pal for December OR January. Thanks Kathy - that was a sweet gesture!! Really kind...
    THANKS KATHY!!!
    -heather

p.s.here is to hoping that my pal is on track for March because I *REALLY* want a regular consistant pal or I may have to drop out of this swap. The pattern of giving & recieving throughout the years seasons is what makes this a joy to participate in...

• gardnwatch
    19 years ago

Today I received a surprise from my secret pal.
    I can tell alot of thought went into picking out the goodies I received. In the package there was a wall calendar with great sea-side pictures, seeds of flowers that will go great in my garden, a cross-stitched heart in a frame with the words " Home Sweet Home" ,a cute little hand mirror for my car or purse, and a great card that said..." Think Spring" just what I need to be thinking about.
    Thank you secret pal...you are very thoughtful.
    Bonnie

• booster1
    19 years ago

Hi

I received my box of goodies today. I LOVE bath products. And guess what I received? BATH Products. Thanks so much secret pal. It was really great.

Leslie

• Kathy Johnson
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Okay, sorry I've been out of touch (& I still haven't checked my email in about a week so if anyone's emailed me, that's why I haven't answered your email). I work for 3 different companies, one of which has had me doing alot of demo jobs lately. That's why I haven't been posting.

I have not received anything for January from my Secret Pal either but there's still a few days left in the month. I just mailed to my SP so they should get it soon.

KnoxvilleGirl & the few others I mailed alittle something too - I gave your boxes to my husband to mail & later he told me he didn't mail them the same day I gave them to him. Since that was also around MLK's b-day, if the bulbs are no good, please let me know & I'll replace them. I won't be offended but I may do serious harm to the hubby (just kidding). BTW, those boxes were for not getting something for DECEMBER. I'm still waiting to see about January. Those who don't get something for either month, I'll probably change your SP. Anyone who has asked about being another SP, I'll probably be taking you up on your offer. Please email me again (sorry) to make sure I've got you listed.

For the people who haven't sent to their SP: I think I'm going overboard to not be a witch & to give you the benefit of doubt. I decided to let December slide because there were alot of people who didn't check back on this forum after joining & didn't realize we decided to start in December. Okay, I get that. You could have sent a card - about 50 cents at a dollar store - with a heartfelt message to your trader. The trader may have been alittle disappointed but not as much as not getting ANYTHING. Since I am the host of this swap, I think it's my responsibility to send something to anyone who doesn't receive something. I am only sending to those people who post they didn't receive something. There are people who have posted they sent but then their SP never posts they received. Therefore, neither myself or SP#1 knows if SP#2 received their end or if it's floating around the mail system.

So, again, here are the rules of this swap:
    1. Since you signed up for this swap, I assume you want to be in it. Therefore, please do your part to make this swap a friendly & fun swap, one that everyone enjoys, & one that is not a huge headache for me.
    2. Each month, SEND TO YOUR SECRET PAL!!! You have about 30 days to collect some seeds, dig up & divide a plant, catch a clearance sale, make something, or go to the dollar store.
    3. WHEN YOU RECEIVE FROM YOUR SECRET PAL, POST ON THAT MONTH'S THREAD SO THEY KNOW & I'LL KNOW. I keep a list of everyone who posts they mailed their end & a separate list of the ones who received & posted.
    4. Remember, you don't have to send plants or even garden-related items every month. I'm not & I don't expect everyone else too either. I think if you mail plants you may want to send priority with delivery confirmation. Just to protect yourself. I can only speak for myself but I think I would enjoy a heartfelt card just as much as a box full of plants (okay, maybe not EVERY month!).
    5. I didn't do this myself the first month & it was confusing for my SP - include a note or write on the box something like "for Secret Swap" or "Kathy547's swap" for those traders in multiple swaps or have pending trades.

I don't mean to be a witch, really, & I hate wasting space on a thread for those traders who have mailed & received their ends with no problems. I am really hoping everyone receives something for January, especially those who didn't receive in December.

• kimskreations
    19 years ago

I am so the luckiest woman on this planet!
    Where do I begin?
    Let'start with yesterday.....one of those days.....everything I touched turned to %*&*&......one mess into another into another. Full Moon syndrome? Bad Libra Day.
    So....today I said I'm not taking any chances, I'm just not going to do a darn thing *lol*.

Next thing I know, the mailman pulls in the drive (I so love it when he pulls into the driveway *smiles*).

He handed me a cute box all duck taped and everything (don't cha love duck tape?).

First thing when I opened it up there was a lovely handwritten note (which I won't share the contents of) that as I read my eyes teared up and a couple drops of water ran down my cheeks. Secret Pal, we sound so much alike! I can't wait until I finally know who you are! I feel so blessed.

Anyways, in my box there were:

*** Rose Shaped Lavendar Soaps
    *** Garden Themed Buttons
    *** Christmas Themed Craft Stickers
    *** 2 Different International Coffees (which I will have 1 tonight as I watch American Idol.....yum)
    *** 4 of the most DELICIOUS Toffee Chocolates (like Skor bars) which I ran and hid in my room (I did share 1 so far w/Josh, my 15 year old son as he was born on my birthday and he had a bad Libra day yesterday also).
    *** A Breathtakingly beautiful garden journal (which I have always wanted but never would spend the money on) in Purple with an adorable FAIRY & glitter wings (I SO LOVE PURPLE & FAIRIES)
    {{gwi:1237211}}
    *** An elegant FAIRY Plant stake (which I put in my newly planted Fancy Daffodil tub)
    {{gwi:1237213}}
    *** 5 bulbs of Fancy Daffodils
    {{gwi:1237215}}

Words can't tell you how very appreciative I am of you Secret Pal. You will never know how much you brighten my day each month. All the Zoloft in the world can't bring me as much enjoyment as your thoughts each month.

I have to tell you, I went out to my shed to see how my Dahlias were doing (which I have decided I can't overwinter here in Maine) and they looked frozen. I brought them in and planted them in the pink tub pictured. Needless to say, they were dead. I had the empty tub w/soil on my table all week saying, what am I going to do with that now?

You must have read my mind because when my new babies arrived today they so wanted to grow that I decided I better plant them (in the pink tub I didn't know what I was going to do with). Thank you so much!
    {{gwi:1237218}}

I feel so blessed to be part of such a wonderful group of people (most of all my secret pal *winks*)!

On the flip side, my secret pal has not posted that she received my box and I of course didn't put delivery confirmation or a return address on her box. I mailed it Parcel Post on 1/12/05 and am so disappointed that she hasn't received it yet as I look forward to reading her enjoyment each month ALMOST *lol* as much as I enjoy receiving my monthly smile from my secret pal.

Secret Pal *giving a huge hug* thank you so much for adopting me and being the greatest kept secret (which I can't wait to find out) I could ask for. You really put a smile on my face and a tear in my eye each month!

Sincerely,
    Kim

• sunshine123
    19 years ago

thank you s/p for my gift i loved every thing i got i am reaLLY HAPPY

• lbmoore
    19 years ago

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is having fun! I see my secret pal recvd her box earlier this month and likes everything. That's a relief to know. It's kind of hard to buy for a stranger.

So here's hoping I recv something from my secret pal this month along with everyone else. :)

• ggwrn
    19 years ago

Thank you secret pal! I received a nice box today. I'm going to plant the narcissus bulbs tomorrow rain or shine. I drink tea, and my husband drinks coffee, so together we will enjoy both of them. I'll take the marathon bars to work with me this weekend. Maybe they will give me enough energy to make it through the day.
    I see my pal received her package, I'm glad that she liked it. lbmoore and knoxville girl, I hope that both of you receive packages this month or that you will get new pals for next month.

Ginger

• veeja11
    19 years ago

please post if you received this month, so your pal will know if their pkg arrived. Thankyou

• abitodd
    19 years ago

Kathy,

I still have not seen anyhting posted by my SP for the December one and have not mailed this months yet since that one showed to have reached them. I have this months ready to go or I will be glad to send it to someone that has not recieved. And no I have not recieved anything this month either. Thank you so much for the box of bulbs Kathy...that was very sweet of you and I appreciate it a bunch but do not feel you need to make up for another adults commitment. I would rather recieve nothing then have you pulling double duty like that.

abitodd

• kimskreations
    19 years ago

Just wanted to drop a hint that I took the time and worked on my profile tonight a little bit. I am quite proud of it.

This is so much fun!

Kim

• cassiet
    19 years ago

Kathy per your email have not yet received anything for this month. I DID receive something from YOU for not getting last months. SMILE. What a wonderful thoughtful thing to do. I have sent you questions about the beautiful narcissus bulbs. As I posted last month, you don't have to send something for me to replace what someone didn't send. That is adding up to a LOT of money for you!!!! My pal is very much enjoying the packages I send them and THAT makes me happy not to say I don't like to receive because I LOVE it however I smile just as much reading her posts. I want so bad to tell her who I am. Wicked grin. I think it's as hard on me keeping the secret as it is for those who are on the receiving end. Laughing.

Cassie

• dawiff
    19 years ago

Cassie, I know just what you mean! I love seeing my Secret Pal post when she gets things from me. It is hard not to tell her who you are, isn't it?

It was very nice of Kathy to try to make up for the ones who aren't sending anything. So unfair. It really makes me mad that there seem to be so many not receiving (and therefore so many freeloaders getting what they don't deserve)!

• MudPlayingFamilysMom
    19 years ago

I am sooooo lucky. I have two PERFECT secret pals. One who thinks of me and sends thoughts and gifts that really brighten my day, and one who I can send to who replies right away about how much she enjoys them. I'd have to fight if anyone tried to switch my pals on me 'cuz I love 'em both! Still, a little is taken away from both the receiving and seeing my pal post how much she enjoyed what I sent because I know that there are wonderful pals out there who have never heard from their own pal & feel like each time I post that my gift came, or my other pal posts that hers arrived, that it hurts the ones who are being ignored. I especially think of my pal who is so sweet about sending me things so nicely and promptly. I can't help worrying that maybe she's not getting anything from her pal! It makes the experience bitter-sweet instead of just sweet. Pal, if you are one of those being mistreated, I want you to know that someone IS thinking of you often. I just can't yet show you how much I appreciate & think of you.

At first I thought that some may just have forgotten that they'd signed up because people can get very busy and easily forget that they signed up for a particular robin. Then I realized that if they are getting gifts that say they are from their SP, then they are getting a very soft and generous reminder. That should be enough to spark anyone's memory!

I'm not worried about me because I can tell that the person who I send to also sends nice gifts. There are some things you can just tell by the way a pal posts. Because I'd be hurt if my own pal that I send to had to be switched if she weren't pulling her end, I assume that others would also be hurt. Hey, I think of her so kindly that it would reallybe a disappointment to hear she wasn't being nice to someone else. Besides, I've been shopping for things for months down the line based on the things she enjoys. (Pal, I KNOW you are sending yours. I'm just talking about the people who aren't so sweet.)

I'm rambling. Point is, those who aren't sending are hurting all of us, not just the one person they are expected to remember. I'd like to help fix this and let those who feel left out know that they are thought of as special, too. When I send a gift, it's really in appreciation for all of you, even though it's going to one individual, because it's the group that helps makes it all so special.

Kathy, I sent you an email. How can I help fix this?

• kimskreations
    19 years ago

Kathy,

I am at the point that I am ready to tell my Secret Pal who I am just so that she can go to her local post office and see if maybe her box has been misplaced.

I mailed it on 1/12 and today is the 27th. She hasn't posted receiving it and must be thinking I'm a slug. I already have her February box ready to mail but I'm so leery now. I copied and pasted her address (just like I did in December, which she received) so it's not like I wrote it wrong, I print it.

I sent it Parcel Post and didn't include a return address and foolish me, didn't put delivery confirmation on it.

It's a very special box because this was a special month for her and I'm so devastated that it's out there somewhere and the post office is probably just holding it? I don't know. As a postal worker myself, I know how boxes that are supposed to go to one state sometimes end up in another and then are forwarded to the correct state but I'm having a hard time believing that even if this should have occured, that it would take 15 days?

Please advise me what I should do. I know it's my own fault but I feel so bad and I'm sure my secret pal is feeling left out. I don't mind if I have to tell her who I am and will even send 2 boxes for February but the things that are in her January box are ir-replaceable and it saddens me so.

Sincerely Secret Pal, I think of you everyday and am always planning your next box, PLEASE don't think I forgot you because I didn't (*my eyes are watering so I better end this here*).

Kim

• leann2800
    19 years ago

I know how you feel Kim. I am awaiting my pal to post she recieved it to. Is it lost? Should I send it again? I hope she got it and is busy. I'd feel bad if it was lost in the mail and she thinks I never even sent it.What to do?????? I will definately do delivery confirmation next time.

Leann

• becksterca
    19 years ago

I would like to thank my Secret Pal for the incredibly wonderful box of goodies!

My SP sent a jigsaw puzzle and it has a mini puzzle with it that is implanted with wildflower seeds. When you finish the puzzle, you plant it! What an incredible idea.
    I also received a candle lamp and tea lights with the neatest shade. It's sort of Marbled in shades of blue (one of my favorite colors). SP also sent a beautiful doily and some hand made dishcloths.I think they're way too nice to use on dishes SP but I'll give it a try.
    And a gardening rockÂ.I know exactly where to put it.

What a nice surprise. Thank You Very Much Secret Pal.

• veeja11
    19 years ago

my pal has not posted either, I didn't do delivery confirmation either, scary won't do that again

• theresan
    19 years ago

I received my package yesterday. What a nice secret pal I have! I got a unique vase, some great seeds, pretty flower candles, punching balloons for the kids and lollipops mmmmm. Thank you secret pal!

• theresan
    19 years ago

Kim, I mail LOTS of packages and parcel post can take up to 14 business days. Sometimes parcel arrives in 3 days.. others I have mailed parcel have taken 3 weeks. I'm not sure why. Your secret pal will probably receive her package soon. I know it's frustrating not knowing.

• lbmoore
    19 years ago

Does everyone know there is a new thread to post to every month? If they dont know this, that may be part of the problem. I cant remember if my email from Kathy stated to post when something was recvd or sent on the appropriate thread she would start each month.

• lbmoore
    19 years ago

Some of you who sent packages and haven't heard that their pal recvd it you might want to recheck Kathy's thread: kathy547's sp swap/list of who hasn't posted they rec'd

There were a couple of people that posted they recvd from their pals on that thread instead of these monthly threads.

• kimskreations
    19 years ago

Thanks for the link,
    Everything is WONDERFUL NOW, I CAN REST EASY :)

Kim

• everafter
    19 years ago

Thanks to my secret pal! I got a wonderful card when I really needed one along with some seeds that will definitely go into my garden as soon as the time is right. :)

Somehow the envelope didn't even get a postmark on it! How in the world am I suppose to guess who my secret pal is???? LOL

• sandysgardens
    19 years ago

I had my hopes up for a minute, but when I went to the other thread, my pal hadn't posted there either. I mailed either the 17th or 18th, so am hoping she has gotten it and is too busy to post yet.

Also am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that my mail lady drops me off a secrect pal package soon too!!

Take care everyone and wishing you all tons of blossoms this coming season and beyond!

Sandy

• nitenut
    19 years ago

Thank you, thank you Ya Ya....like that. Funny thing was I had just watched the movie the eve before I received my package. What a great movie.
    Anyhow, I love the goodies. I think I'll finally get a night to sit and enjoy one of the great smelling candles with a nice bath tonight. The two year planner, hmmm how did you know I need help in that field. Guess I've spent to much time in the sun. I've already started putting dates in. The pocket garden quotes are beautiful. And seeds to boot...I've always wanted to try the hardy hibiscus, I've seen them and love them so wish me luck....thanks, Leah

• soaprah
    19 years ago

Hi:

I received a great package from my secret pal for both December and January. I need to send out one to my secret pal for January.....like tomorrow!

Thanks to my secret pal for all the great surprises.

Mary

• gardnwatch
    19 years ago

Got my secret pal's January package out a few days ago.
    I checked and got confirmation that she got December's package before sending this one, even though she hasn't let me know she got it. I'll hope she will do better this month and sign on here to let me know. I'll feel better knowing.
    Bonnie

• sunshine123
    19 years ago

i sent out my secret pal something out sry its soo late been busy will do better nent month

• cassiet
    19 years ago

Still nothing yet from my pal for last month or this... Ohh well maybe NEXT month.. she will send something. Did get nice box from Kathy...

Cassie

• KnoxvilleGirl
    19 years ago

nothing from my pal for this or last month.

• Lynn
    19 years ago

Nothing from my pal either for two months.....

Thanks for the bulbs Kathy!

WindsurfGirl

• kimskreations
    19 years ago

I feel so bad for you girls that have dead beat Pals. I just want to adopt you all! I'm so sorry for your girls. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Kim

• Kathy Johnson
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Still haven't checked my email but will be checking in the next day or so. I'll reply to all emails then but since I will probably have hundreds (lol!) it may take some time to get through them all. Please be patient with me just alittle longer. I'll be sending emails to the Secret Pals who haven't sent anything. If anyone wants to sign up as a second SP (& you haven't already sent me an email) let me know.

I may start a new thread with this same information but as of January 31st, here's my list of not received/received:

Not Received for January 2005:
    Judgemarykali
    Kathy547
    Suzydaze (didn't post rec'd/Dec)
    Diene (second month/nothing)
    Eliz33
    Norma_az (didn't post rec'd/Dec)
    lbmoore
    SandysGardens
    CompostChick
    Abitodd (second month/nothing)
    WindsurfGirl(2nd month/nothing)
    KnoxvilleGirl(2nd month/nothing)
    Tropicalfreak
    Cassiet (2nd month/nothing/SP says sent, maybe wrong address?)

Received for January 2005:
    Soaprah
    Ggwrn
    Theresan
    Kimskreations
    Everafter
    Sunshine123
    BecksterCA
    Nitenut
    Gulliblevolunter
    Veeja11
    Booster1
    Darlene 87
    GardenHits
    DaWiff
    PlantladyJan
    Gardnwatch
    Rudybacon
    MudPlayingFamilysMom
    Leann2800

If I have missed someone, or gotten you in the wrong list, please let me know!

• compostchick
    19 years ago

Hi
    Im one of the guilty ones and havent send anything to my secret pal for Jan..I have been very sick for the last 2 weeks, Please forgive me secert pal I never ment to hurt your feelings or make ya feel left out, I will be sending you something in the morning, Im just behind...

On friday i got my box from my secert pal and it really made my day, I needed a pick up
    My secert pal send me a beautful plant stake of cardials (red birds) in a nest,
    a pair of pruners, which i really needed,
    a pair of pink garden gloves
    a cute sunflower notepad
    a garden journel, gonna keep winter sowing notes in it..
    3 types of sunflower seeds
    some nasturium seeds and some alaska shasta daisy seeds which i will winter sow as soon as im up to it..
    oh and some candy which i shared with the kids..
    Thank you so much secert pal
    I loved everything..
    Barb

• KnoxvilleGirl
    19 years ago

I did send my SP late this month but she should be getting it today at the latest!

• gulliblevolunteer
    19 years ago

Thankyou Secret Pal! What a great surprise to find on the porch when I got home from night school. Very pretty gardening gloves, an even prettier hummingbird suncatcher, some candy to fatten me up, some really nice woodsy-smelling candles, seeds and seed-packet row markers. Everything a gentle green. I liked the blue hydrangea card, too. It makes me feel as if spring might actually come! Thank you for being such a considerate Secret Pal. I am clearly one of the lucky folks here!

• sandysgardens
    19 years ago

Nothing yet, but I'm sure it will be here soon.

I see my pal recieved hers, glad you like it!!

Sandy

• Lynn
    19 years ago

I received a late box from my pal Friday. It was a nice box of items with a note from her. I guess the box was for Dec. and Jan. Better late than never I always say! My favorite item was two plastic lizards. They are bendable and have long legs so you can use them as plant ties. Too cute! I also got a small succulent. Cactus and succulents are my favorites! Then I got a cool glass candle holder that you hang, a coffee mug with candy in it, mocha coffee, and a recipe. I hope I remembered everything.....
    Thanks pal, it was a nice box!

WindsurfGirl