SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmacdona1

4th Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange - Updates (Thread 2)

hmacdona1
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

We reached the maximum limit for postings on the other thread, so I'm starting this new thread to post updates for those that are participating in the 4th Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange.

THIS EXCHANGE IS CLOSED TO NEW PARTICIPANTS. WE'RE JUST WAITING ON THE REMAINING ENVELOPES TO ARRIVE AND THEN I'll START SENDING THE SURPRISE PACKAGES BACK TO EVERYONE

Comments (60)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am still waiting on two envelopes, but am busy sorting, stuffing and researching tomato and pepper types, so I know who they're suited to. Thankfully the individuals owning the last envelopes emailed me with a list of what they mailed and their wish list, so I am able to work away as if I had their envelopes.

Have made it to the letter "g" as far as filling wish lists is concerned :) This is going to take some time, but I will post updates as I start to remail envelopes.

Thanks....Heather

• roper2008
    12 years ago

No rush here. Can't start the seeds until March anyway.

• Related Discussions

HAVE: Second Annual Tomato and Pepper Seed Exchange

Q

Comments (10)
    Hi Jerem, Not a stupid question at all. You are correct. If you send in 3 packs of pepper seeds, you will get three different packs of pepper seeds in return. In fact, if you have lots of each kind, you could do even better. You could send up to 5 packs of each type of pepper seed and you would get 15 different packs of pepper seed in return. You could even mix it up and ask for some tomato seeds back if you like. All I ask is that you do not send in more than 5 packs of any one type of tomato or pepper seed and that each pack contains a minimum of 10 seeds. Hope this helps. I just sent you a private email as well. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks....Heather
    ...See More

HAVE: 3rd Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange

Q

Comments (75)
    I have envelopes packed and will be mailing seeds to the following individuals tomorrow morning: * dirtdaddy * phpete * roadkill * roper2008 * sambo725 * sproutshonor That's it for envelopes to be mailed back. Thanks everyone for your participation and for sending in such a great variety of seeds. Have a Merry Christmas everybody! ....Heather
    ...See More

5th Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange

Q

Comments (149)
    There are a few members in this forum, who signed up for the swap and have still not answered any followup emails/messages from me which requested an update. It is a massive task to keep track of everyone in this swap, and I didn't think I was asking too much to let me know if you've changed your minds and no longer want to participate - or to take a quick second to let me know your seeds are in the mail. I will not mention any names, but this is to notify those individuals, that I have no choice but to assume you are no longer in this swap. If your envelope arrives without any communication from you, it will be sent back "return to sender". I just wish you could have taken a second to send me a message....it would have saved me a great deal of time with followup. IF YOU HAVEN'T MAILED YOUR SEEDS, IT'S TOO LATE NOW...DON'T SEND THEM. Thanks to everyone who took a moment to keep me up to date by posting updates or sending me an email. Your communication makes this job of coordinating the swap, so much smoother. Thanks again.
    ...See More

5th Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange

Q

Comments (145)
    Heather: Thank you Thank you Thank you!! I tried to lower my expectations before i opened my envelope, but when I looked inside I was completely blown away. It is completely like Santa came early and I got all the tomatoes of my dreams. I cannot say enough how much fun and excitement I've had looking over and learning more about all the seeds I received. A thousand thanks to you for the time and effort you put into spreading so much cheer to so many of us! And thank you to all of those of you who sent in such interesting (and extra) seeds!!
    ...See More
  • cziga
    12 years ago

Hey no worries Heather, I think we all appreciate how much time and effort you put into this swap to make it one of the best on the forums every year. With all the participants, and the attention to detail, we will all greatly appreciate you trying to fill our wishlists :) A couple extra days makes no difference, as we won't be using the seeds for a couple months anyways. Thank you for taking the time ... :)

• phpete
    12 years ago

Just echoing the above sentiments.
    Many thanks, and take your time - this time of year is busy enough already!

• Jay_NY
    12 years ago

I'd love to try some of those double yeild cucumber seeds if you still have a few - Tks - Jay

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Put a pack of cucumber seeds in your envelope Jay NY.

Tomorrow (Nov 22nd), on my way to work..I'll be mailing an envelope back to "happygardener23".

I've managed to mail back a few other envelopes, but not from this forum.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The outstanding envelopes finally arrived today :)

Tomorrow morning I will be mailing an envelope to:

* Greengo

Please let me know when your envelope arrives.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I managed to get a couple more envelopes packed for mailing on my way to work this morning. Will be mailing envelopes to:

* abeysth
    * ameera

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Today I mailed an envelope to "Punkrotten".

Please let me know when it arrives.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tomorrow morning I will be mailing envelopes to:

* behlgarden
    * mike3

Please let me know when your envelopes arrive.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I managed to get another envelope in the mail this morning. Just sent one back to "kywitt".

For the folks outside of Canada, please remember it will take a couple of weeks for your envelope to arrive after it has been mailed.

Please let me know when your envelope arrives.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Today I mailed seeds to "jonboy999"

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tomorrow morning (Nov 27th) I will be mailing envelopes to:

* barefootgardener12
    * bdgardener
    * botanicat
    * highaltatransplant

Please let me know when you receive your seeds.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Got a couple more out. Today I mailed seeds to:

* flytier
    * sandysgardens

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tomorrow morning (Nov 28th), I will be mailing seeds to:

* Diclemeg
    * Jaynine

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tomorrow morning (Nov 29th), I will be mailing seeds to:

* kwilds
    * luckynes13
    * neepeppers
    * patsyann
    * rgvnewf

Please let me know when your seeds arrive.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tomorrow morning (Dec 1st) I will be mailing envelopes to:

* robin_northcal
    * sweetmarie

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Today I mailed seeds to:

* sorellina
    * theloud

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Today I mailed seeds to:

* coolbythecoast
    * newine
    * phpete
    * ruthz

Please let me know when your seeds arrive.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Today I am mailing seeds to:

* bigdan1
    * heavyoilguy
    * tomazo
    * xaroline

Thanks....Heather

• sandysgardens
    12 years ago

Hello Heather,

I received my nice plump package of seeds in mail on Monday afternoon. As in past swaps, you have out done yourself, again. Many thanks to you for the wonderful package of seed packets - varieties from wants and many that are new and will be fun to grow this coming season. Thanks again for your hard work and dedication to this swap.

Sandy

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the update Sandy. Much appreciated.

On my way to work today, I will be mailing seeds to:

* cziga

Thanks....Heather

• jaynine
    12 years ago

Heather~I received my package today and, like Sandy says, you've outdone yourself again. I'm very pleased with the varied choices you made for me and can't wait to grow & taste them. Thanks so much for all you've done. I appreciate all your hard work.
    Janine
    PS Thanks to all for sharing your fantastic seeds.

• barefootgardner12
    12 years ago

I received my seeds! Thank you so much Heather!!! I love everything! I can't wait to grow them. Thanks everyone for sending in all the great seeds!!!

• diclemeg
    12 years ago

Holy cow... I just got my seeds. I only gave 13 packets, and got back 28... its an early X-mas!!!!
    Thank goodness for people like Heather MacDonald, who make the time for something fantastic like this. This writer can appreciate the time you sacrificed, and it is more than appreciated, for it is admired. Thank you Heather, and merry X-mas to you.
    Gino

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the updates everyone. I'm so glad you're happy with the seeds.

Today I am mailing seeds to:

* appaloosa909
    * theman7676

Sorry for the delay in getting these out everyone. This is taking me a bit longer than I had hoped as I've had a number of very late nights for work. I'm running workshops the remainder of this week as well, and tend to get home shortly before midnight, so thanks for your patience. Am striving to get the remaining envelopes out by this weekend.

Thanks....Heather

• heavyoilguy
    12 years ago

Hi Heather,
    GREAT JOB I received my seeds today and "WOO HOO"just like Christmas , with all the varieties , thank you very much,James

• highalttransplant
    12 years ago

I received my package today, and am amazed at how many of my wishes you were able to fill. You have done a remarkable job hosting this swap. So glad I signed up!

Thanks again!
    Bonnie

• neepeppers
    12 years ago

My seeds came today and I couldn't believe how much I got back. Some that I wanted.....some that I've never heard of and I'm super excited to try them. Thank you so much Heather!

• xaroline
    12 years ago

Thanks, Heather for a great job matching us up with our seed requests.
    And thanks to everyone who contributed seeds.
    I do appreciate them. (spent the morning searching on tomatoes and peppers).
    Caroline

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the updates everyone.

Today I mailed envelopes to:

* rane_grow
    * rick_in_va
    * roadkill

I'm hoping to get the rest of the envelopes stuffed today and tonight.

Thanks...Heather

• phpete
    12 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Seeds arrived today - everything I wanted and more!

I think it goes without saying, but you outdid yourself once again!

Thanks to all the other participants as well!

• ruthz
    12 years ago

I received my package today and agree exactly with what neepeppers said.
    I sent 22 packs and got back 38 packs. 10 from my most wanted list and some that I've never heard. I can't wait to google all of them and make notes.
    Thank you so much Heather for all the hard work and great selections you sent.
    And thanks to all the people that sent in those selections and bonuses.

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the updates everyone.

Today I mailed seeds to:

* roper2008
    * slowrolling
    * the666bbq
    * tinley244
    * tmacmillan

I had thought for sure I'd be able to get through the rest of the envelopes last night, but they're taking a lot longer to fill than I anticipated. We'll get them done shortly.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Today I mailed seeds to:

* john11840
    * slo_garden

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Today I mailed seeds to:

* dirtdaddy
    * dirtdiggin
    * flowergal2010
    * jay_ny
    * kellyk49
    * pondgardener

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tomorrow morning I am mailing seeds to:

* mayeeta

That's the last of the envelopes for this swap. If I inadvertantly forgot to post that I mailed your envelope back, not to worry...it's been sent.

Thanks everyone for your participation and patience while I fill envelopes. Next year, if I decide to do this again, I think I'll bump up the deadline by a week, so I'm not stuffing envelopes when I should be getting ready for Christmas...LOL.

Take care everyone. Enjoy the Christmas season with your friends, family and of course...beloved pets.

.....Heather

• slowrolling
    12 years ago

Christmas came early! (got my seeds in the mail today).

And WOW, can't believe how many I got off of my wish list, great job :). Just figured I'd chime in and let you know how much I appreciate it. I know it must have been an incredible amount of work.

So thank you again Heather! and everyone else who sent in seeds, I'm need to buy a few acres of land to plant all these. :)

• BigDan1
    12 years ago

Fantastic is all I can say!

First year pepper grower, first time seed exchanger.

Thanks Heather for all your time! and Thnaks to everyone who sent seeds and bonuses - Happy Holidays to Everyone!

• roadkill
    12 years ago

hi seeds arrived today ,
    1 week in the mail at christmas time is pretty fast
    the envelope is fine too and will be making next years trip again
    an unbelievable variety of seeds every shape size and color,
    bonus seeds thx smoke and ottawa probably others too (black seeds smoke wow!! they went into dirt as soon as i saw them)
    Heather thanks very much again !!!! why dont you take a few days off now :)
    happy holidays to all
    from me and my beloved over wintered pepper plants
    i will be smiling for weeks now

• Zeak Rice
    12 years ago

Missed the Exchange but would like to SWAP with anyone interested. See seed list for GardenerZ .

• smokemaster_2007
    12 years ago

First and most important , Heidi wants seeds for growing Jerky Tenders-Duck Dog Treats.
    She likes them a lot and thanks you for sending them to her.
    We both liked all the goodies you sent.
    A great suprise gift.

Also she says she thinks this bag isn't quite right.
    Send a couple more bags so she can compare them....she only needs a few dozen bags more to hold her over until her seeds grow...if you can send some. :)

Several people who got the seeds I donated have E mailed me with Thank you E Mails and questions.

You are all welcome.

The seeds were a combination of non isolated and isolated seeds.From peoples gardens (and mine) and trades.

If any seeds grow some interesting crosses let me know.
    I'm interested in trading for some of the crossed seeds.

Some people asked if I wanted seeds back in return after harvest.
    If anyone wants to get in touch with me about having seeds they want to give me thats cool.
    I'll find them a good home.
    I'm also always up for a trade for stuff to freshen up my collection or add to it.

I do a LOT of SASBE offers and extra seeds for any kind of non bell pepper is always welcome,no matter what kind of chile it is.
    I try to help a lot of the "Chile impaired" get access to non bell peppers when I can.

I don't grow anything,right now but non bell peppers.

No flowers or other veggies.I have limited growing space and lost some of it last year.
    Thanks for the offers of veggie seeds but I just can't use them right now.
    If I find another place to garden in I might be able to grow more stuff latter on.
    Thanks for the seed offers.

Once again Heather ,thanks for doing this every year.
    I'm sure a lot of people are getting access to seeds they might not have otherwise been able to grow and harvest.

• flower_gal_2010
    12 years ago

Hello Heather,
    A very big thank-you for all that you have done in this swap! My seeds arrived in the mail yesterday. I"m just so thilled with all the new varieties to try this coming year! And also a big thank-you to all that donated seeds
    to this swap!
    Happy Holidays everyone!

• gmenchilefarm
    12 years ago

Hey am late for the exchange but if anyone has any pepper seeds they would like to exchange I have chilli puya,jalapeno,poblano,pekin,costeno,black cobra,de arbol, pasilla,cayenne,chilli california, guajillo, pequin small ball ,pear uellow orange and red pepper,california wonder,tamarindo seeds,yellow guava seeds ,german green tomato if anyone is interesyed send me a pm.am looking for jolokias or anyother hot pepper thanks!!!

• BigDan1
    12 years ago

Hey Gmenchileefarm,

I have some Hot Pepper seeds I grew this year, see my trade list, there's no email on your page so email me if you areninterested in a trade.

• Jay_NY
    12 years ago

Heather!

Thank you for such an awesome Christmas Present! I couldnt believe my eyes as I opened my mailbox on Saturday the 24th to see the package of seeds you sent! My wife thought I was crazy as I was more excited about this present than any other!

You really out-did yourself. I cant imagine how much time this took to do, It is greatly appreciated.

I might have to start my own farm with all of the seeds I got. I couldnt possible fit them all in my garden.

SOOOO many were on my spring buying list.

And certainly a big thank you to everyone who sent in such amazing seeds! and for all of the Bonus seeds too!

Thank you again, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

• ottawapepper
    12 years ago

Heather,

Like Smokemaster said; "I'm sure a lot of people are getting access to seeds they might not have otherwise been able to grow and harvest". You not only facilitate swapping of seeds amongst members you also selflessly allow donors to spread the heat/wealth without having to coordinate it themselves.

You turned down my marriage proposal two years ago so I won't risk another public rejection ;-)) Thank you for all the time and effort you put into your annual swaps.

Bill

p.s. Unlike Smokemaster, I didn't ID myself as the source of the seeds I submitted... I didn't think of people wanting further information (Doh). If you received bonus seed with a label that looks like this (various named seeds) and want further info, send me an email via my members page. I'll do my best to respond to any/all inquiries.

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL Bill....you always make me laugh.

I hope it's ok, but I did take a liberty and added a label to the seeds you donated to the swap...they're marked "gift from ottawapepper". Thought it would make it easy for people to reach out if they had any questions.

Thanks again....Heather

• roper2008
    12 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thanks Heather for the great selection
    and for adding my wants in there. Glad I participated this year.

Linda

• John A
    12 years ago

Hi Heather - I received my package of seeds over the holiday, but this is the first chance I've had to thank you. They were much more than I expected. Many thanks for your diligence in keeping the exchange going.
    John A

Sponsored