SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glok_gw

Hi all! New to the forum but...

glok
16 years ago

We just purchased our "dream" retirement home in Woodland Park and will be moving there after my dh retires from the USAF after 30 years. I am so excited and can't wait to get to our "house" and plant flowers and stuff that I will get to see the next year instead of wondering where I will be!

Needless to say, it sounds like gardening will be a whole different world and will take some getting used to. There is a small greenhouse that I'll be trying to learn to use as I have to have hummingbird plants and color on the decks. We'll be leaving the yard as natural as possible with the addition of more wildflowers and blooming vines and maybe a tree or two more.

My question for now is...what absolutely will NOT grow in the mountains? I have tons of seeds that grow here in MD and will be collecting more next summer as we won't be moving until Nov. 08. Can annual salvia's and zinnia type flowers be grown there?

I'll be learning as much as possible in the next year or so and TIA to all of you who are helping me!

glo

Comments (17)