SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Can someone help clear up Mystery- Rose; Complete Color Change

ladyamity
14 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I hope I'm in the correct Rose catagory...if not, could someone please direct me to where I should be posting this question.

A few years ago my neighbor was doing a hard prune on what she told me was an Iceberg Rose.

I took a few cuttings, planted in moist planting soil and up came a wonderful, little white rose vine.

I transplanted it into the ground at the base of a huge arbor and now the Iceberg is a wonderful focal point when I walk out into the yard.

When I pruned the vine in November I took a couple cuttings, traded some and stuck a few of them in some moist soil in a clean 4" pot and pretty much forgot about them.

Back in November another neighbor was cutting back her Joseph's Coat and we traded..... cuttings from my Iceberg for cuttings from her Joseph's.

My Joseph's took off, went crazy with long vines and big, beautiful blooms.

I have a huge, I mean HUGE planter that I wanted to use to divide a seating area.

I thought it would look nice to have the Joseph's Coat in the huge planter....orange shades of color, with the white blooms of the Iceberg mixed in.

That's not what's happening!

What was supposed to be a little, white, Iceberg bloom is coming up hot pink...dark hot pink...what happened to my Little WHITE Iceberg Roses? Can anyone explain?

Here is my Iceberg vine over a very large, wide arbor.

{{gwi:276955}}

Here is my Joseph's Coat Vine trailing over the sides of a huge planter.

{{gwi:276956}}

This is what is coming from the cutting of the WHITE Iceberg Rose

What was supposed to be a white little rose against a backdrop of Joseph's Coat Rose Vine.

{{gwi:276957}}

Comments (2)