SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

Pleasant surprises and disappointments

mantis__oh
11 years ago

The roses are in full bloom now, and of course we are headed for July-like temperatures.

LIEBESZAUBER hardly ever disappoints:

First bloom on RONALD REAGAN wasn't that impressive. But I thought this one was. (I must admit that I avoided getting this rose for a long time because of the name. There are pros and cons to naming roses after political figures. Also, what a bummer if the rose you're named for turns out to be a weak grower or just generally disappointing.)

Another shot showing the reverse coloration.

What a pleasant surprise ROSARIUM UETERSEN has been. I like the color, both in the darker newer blooms and the aging older ones. And they last a long time. The bush is in its second year.

COLETTE can't take the heat.

LAGUNA doesn't like heat either. Fragrant and very full blooms, but the aged blossoms are a mess.

Vigorous and thorny. Not pleasant to have to deadhead.

ETERNAL FLAME seems to always brown a bit and to not perfectly unfurl:

Can someone tell me the name of this rose? Have had it for about 7 years.

BELINDA growing at the neighbor's. Wish I had space.

SUNNY DELIGHT

LAVENDER LASSIE In its second year. Vigorous and I like the color. Some pest has made the leaves lacy; what might it be? Hate to blanket bushes with insecticide.

Close-up

MOTHER OF PEARL Super rose, with bountiful bloom, good repeat, healthy foliage, and color that lasts long on bush. Form is not classic, but so what.

GRAND AMORE Red towards the orange spectrum.

PEACE in the morning light.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County