SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth_b_kodiak

Feb OBF swap 'A Few of My Favorite Things'

beth_b_kodiak
16 years ago

I'm starting this without the LOGO, Sorry, Suzie sent it but I have not gotten it onto this page yet!!!

Favorite things

We all have them and they tend to be favorites because they are easy and dependable. We share them with friends and family to spread the pleasure so lets do that now for the Feb SWAP.

"A few", to me means at least three and also means...Not A LOT.

We should be able to keep the boxes to a flat rate priority size or smaller and not be spending a lot on these gifts. We all have our own favorites in so many different categories there can be a lot of variety in the boxes we are swapping this month.

Lets put on thinking caps and be creative.

I promise some surprises along the way so lets get started.

Sign ups are until Feb 1 at midnight East Coast time and mail by date will be the 12th

BB

Comments (107)

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Anita~~ Many hugs going out to you! And prayers...always lots of prayers!! :O) *squeeze*

Beth- I would be more than delighted to send a box to Miss Sue. I didn't get to participate in this month's swap, so I would love to be able to help Anita out and take a little bit off her shoulders. Just let me know what I can do to help! :O)

Melissa

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Anita- I am praying for you. I wish I lived closer so I could visit and make you cookies, or tea or tiramisu....
    Can you tell I eat when in crisis?!

Email me if need to vent. I am a good listener.

Hugs,
    Susan in NC

• Related Discussions

NEW: new: obf april "a taxxxxing month" swap

Q

Comments (149)
    Great....Michelle received from Dianne!!! Everyone sent and everyone received. BRAVO! Well, that is a wrap on A TAXXXXING MONTH!! I see that all prizes have been received except for Vina and Jeanne (A game). Jeanne, I checked your tracking...you should receive by/on Thursday of this week. Vina and Jeanne, no need to post here when you receive...to difficult to get on here. Just email me so I know you have it in your hot little hands! Has been a pleasure ladies!! Tata, Annie
    ...See More

update: obf white elephant march swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Hello ladies and happy every Holiday I missed. To those of you who do know me, I am back and mentally back on track (I think). To those of you who don't, well I was I am a member, love everyone here. Went away to do some great mission work and had some very tragic things happen. Many hours of therapy later, and actually returning to the Dominican I think I have healed, I am not bitter, sad, or frightened to leave my house any more. I am able to talk about it and I feel that I can share with postive feelings now. But enough of that. Am I to late for April? Please tell me that I can play in April? Max is 4 and we just looked at Co-op preschool. HE is a mama's boy and didn't want to go to big boy school yet. Maryanne~ I have a box for you that I need to send, but um lost your address.. So Merry Christmas when it comes. Ahh. I just don't know what to say or who to say it to because I am scared I will leave someone out. I tried to read as many posts as my brain can handle, but I am sure that I will need some help. Babies and ornaments, tornados and ahhh.. I am not in Kansas anymore. Please feel free to email me with any personals that you'd love to share. I apologize for being gone so long. If there is anything that you want to know email me. If I need to re-join let me know if there is room. Mayanne_ my big sis.. I hope all is well, miss you and thanks for all your support thru this, even though I was a bad lil sis and became an introvert. But guess what? I am back and better. Missed you all Laura.... beans
    ...See More

new: new obf for the birds january 2011 swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Hi everyone. Hope you are all keeping warm. I have to admit, we haven't even really seen winter at its worse, but already I am sick and tired of snow. I am seriously considering moving somewhere where there is no snow. I can always come back to visit. All the boxes are great. Love to hear what everyone has sent and the enthusiasm of the recipient. I agree Shirley, it's like Christmas. Speaking of christmas. My tree is still alive and going strong. I put it outside in the stand, of course the water is frozen solid and under a foot or two of snow. We strung berries and oranges and nuts, pinecones slathered in peanut butter and then rolled in seed, all over the tree. The birds are going insane to say the least. I haven't wintersowed a thing. i decided this year i'll just go out and sprinkle seeds everywhere. i was getting prepared but then we got hit with the first snow and then the next one and then the cold and then more snow...so i said the heck with it. It sure is another cold one tonight. I think we are going down to about 9 degrees. guess i'll take that as opposed to minus any degree. hoping i will be able to join in february's swap. love the simplicity of it, but then i can execute on that...that's what craps me up with swapping LOL just an issue i need to get over. well, that's it for now. i have an early morning tomorrow. be well everyone, stay warm and remember....Spring is on Monday, 21 March 2011...56 days, 19 hours remain. maryanne p.s. mellen, i would love that website/link as well.
    ...See More

MNF JULY YARD SALE SWAP (OBF INVITED!) (anyone else too!)

Q

Comments (189)
    KIM KING gets Ishareflower's......................sent/received ISHAREFLOWERS gets Poisondartfrog's.....sent/received KATHY547 gets Kim King's...........................sent/received GARDENGIRL37232(7) gets Lorabell's.........sent/received POISONDARTFROG gets Debby-GA's............sent/received WILD HAIRED MAVENS gets gardengirl's....sent/received DRAGONFLY20210 gets Kathy547's..............sent/received BETH_B_KODIAK gets Dragonfly's..............sent/received BRITTNEYSGRAN gets bluee19's...................sent/received MCC371 gets Beth_B_Kodiak's......................sent/received LORABELL NC gets mcc371's.........................offered/refused, swap completed BLUEE19 gets Brittneysgran's-------------------sent/received DEBBYA_GA gets Wild Haired Maven's......sent/received This swap is now finished and closed. GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!! Deb, I like that idea of a succulent/cacti swap! We'll have to remember that one! Connie, I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. Don't give up though, it sounds like you're helping! My mother had stage 4 ovarian cancer last year and her doctor recommended finding a good hospice. She changed doctors, beat the cancer, and is now happy in her garden, playing with the irises and cosmos! Miracles do happen! SEE YOU ALL AT THE BOX SOCIAL!!!
    ...See More
  • mellen
    16 years ago

Dear Anita, prayers continue for you!

I did receive a box from Raggedyann, and it is wonderful. I will post contents very soon.
    Mary Ellen

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Anita, don't you dare worry about sending me a box, hon. And you take care of yourself. Positive thoughts! And prayers from here.....

And no one else needs to worry about sending me a box either. I'm just fine without one this month.....

Hope everyone is looking forward to Spring!

Sue G.

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Whoo hooo I went to the PO today and picked up the neatest package from Gale.
    There was a note explaining her choices and whatn fun choices they are
    Lavender Vanilla hand soap and a pretty dark blue pump bottle. Smells good and looks good too. Is is by the kitchen sink waiting for it's first use.
    Sweet Pea body butter. I love body butter and use it all winter. This one smells great too
    Slippers!!!! I actually had this on my list of stuff I needed to get. Yes they fit and boy are they COZY
    Two Rooting jars. What a good idea. I am down to just a very few house plants since my move and this will help me get the collection back up to par. It's an inspiration
    Seeds for Nasturtums. I love these and they are favorite of many many Alaska gardeners. They do so well there and are so bright and cheerful.
    Gale girl "you done good". I am excited about the things in my package and it makes me anxious to hear what favorite things the others will be shareing
    Thanks Bunches
    BB

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Anita,

I will be praying for you as well. You take good care of yourself.

Jeanne

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

Anita,
    I will be praying for you also that you will have complete healing. Please take care of yourself. Amy

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Anita, you are in my prayers as well. We are all here for you at this time. Hugs to you.

Just popping in to say hi to all. Been very busy with life I guess. Looking forward to participating in March!

Theresa

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Packages went into the mail yesterday for
    missg conf #0306 2400 0000 8050 3454
    and
    Susan b conf #0306 2400 0000 8050 4347

Sorry I was late but at least they do not have far to travel.
    Theresa and Amy, good to hear you are still out there.
    Who is doing March?
    Has everyone mailed? Was I the cows tail on this swap?

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Hi,
    My package didn't go out yet, I'll get it out on Monday, I promise. I'm running late! We are under ANOTHER severe storm watch, with 6 MORE inches expected tonight. UGH, I'm so tired of snow. Can't wait for spring! ;)

Carol's package arrived, Thank you so much Carol!
    The package contained~
    Hand made 'Bag' candle, Asatic Lily bulbs (bag), cute white bird beanie baby, 6 mandarin orange candles! I love it all!

Anita,
    I'll be praying for you too!

Giant Hugs,
    Deb

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

OH Anita ((((hugs))))). My thoughts are with you hon, and I will keep you in my prayers.

Mellen, I'm glad you recieved your package.

I've got a car yelling at me to get it unloaded, Soooooooo....
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Anita, I love you, susie says happy v day she has been ill. I can send our emergency box toSue, will do so on Monday. This is what it is for. Anita please stay away from the letter c. big hugs

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Carol, that's a great idea. It's been so long since We started having the emergency box I had forgotten about it.
    I'll send you some things to start another one if you are willing to continue being custodian of it.
    Love the frog, I still have a card similar to that from years ago when Margie was my Secret Pal. I have kept it and moved it from refrigerator to refrigerator each time I moved. It is/was one of those "just right" things and still means a lot to me
    Hugs to all. You are a great bunch.
    Bethb

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

This is our calendar for 2008 monthly swaps. Miss Carol has March and she has not given us her theme yet.

JANUARY-MELISSA(hazelnutbunny) 'NEW BEGINNINGS'
    FEBRUARY-BETH (beth_b_Kodiak) 'A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS'
    MARCH-CAROL (veeja11)
    APRIL-SUSIE (skohler)
    MAY-SHIRLEY (brittneysgran) 'THE ABC'S OF GARDENING'
    JUNE-THERESA (theresa24)
    JULY-ANITA (nyvoices99) 'CHRISTMAS IN JULY'
    AUGUST-MARIE (wynative)
    SEPTEMBER-APRIL (dirt_under_my_nails)
    OCTOBER-JEANNE (sandlapper_rose)
    NOVEMBER-MARY ELLEN (mellen)
    DECEMBER-SASSY (sassyd)

Beth has done a wonderful job with Februarys swap. Everyone received some very nice things. Carol is now up to bat and decide on her theme for the month. I'm looking forward to swapping plants. It won't be long now hopefully before our plants are up.

I had to miss Church this morning because my dog Hanna ran out in front of me yesterday while I was cleaning up the yard and I turned to miss her and sprained my foot. My toes swelled up so big it was scary. I can't put on a shoe so I found DH's house slipper and am wearing it. I had to call another Sunday School Teacher to take my class.
    I have a volleyball team and I guess I will not get to play for the rest of this Season.

Carol-I love your frog sign. DD was telling me the other day she watched some show and they were going to give alot of money to some lady if she would kiss a real frog. She declined and said no way. Believe me I would have snatched that little fellow up and kissed him for the money. Just close your eyes and pretend he's your hubby.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

good morning everyone.

FYI: i haven't mailed yet as i am waiting for remy to return from vacation and give the okay to mail.

maryanne

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I think Carol had mentioned doing a White Elephant swap?? I surely hope so..those are TONS of fun!! :O) If anyone can organize a fun swap, its Carol!! :O)

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Mine too is going out on Monday to Beth. Will be going priority.

Susan

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Shirley but I really lucked out here. With this bunch of players I had nothing to worry about and have not done much at all.
    Maryanne I remember that you and Remy had your own time schedule. That works fine.
    Carol, Sue G, and Anita, everything sounds good with you also.
    Anita we will continue to keep you in our prayers. Please stop by to say hello when you have a chance and feel like it.
    beth

• mellen
    16 years ago

I am finally here to post what wonderful things that Annie sent to me. Annie, my apologies for not doing this sooner!

-a wonderful green bag that has "be green-be responsible" on it. I love the beautiful grass green color. Spring CAN'T come soon enough. I am going to start carrying this as my school bag.
    -Moisture Plus watering crystals--I have never used these before but have heard people talk about them. Thanks so much!
    -a very pretty candle stand that holds a small candle. It is decorated with a garden scene. I have used it, and because it has holes in the "globe" part, it throws light holes around the room. Make sense? Love it!
    -a whole PACK of plant labels-woohoo!
    -seeds for burgundy blanketflower and velvet queen sunflower-beautiful colors, Annie.
    -Better Homes and Gardens mag. Perennials-the spring 2008 edition-I just love these, Annie. There are so many useful and neat ideas in them.
    -and for the poor, cold birdies a sock finch feeder
    Annie, thanks so much for everything. I love it all. One day this week, I will get your box in the mail to you.
    Have you been getting the treacherous weather that we have? I know that you are downwind from me. I think we have missed 5 days of school now and countless late starts and early outs. This last one gave us more inches of snow with big winds. And oooohhh so cold. Lots of drifting that the plows can't keep up. I even asked Jim for a fire in the fireplace today. It was just that kind of day. I hope that you haven't been on the road too much if your weather is the same.

Anita, you are often in my thoughts and always in my prayers.
    Mary Ellen

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Carol will start a thread for her swap friday or saturday, it will be a white elephant you will post the contents of your box which must start off with a white elephant, which is an gift you got or something you bought that you just don't ever see yourself using, then pack your box with bulbs plants whatever, round two everyone picks a box round three you can steal a box. gonna be fun. I got me bunny rifle. sign up friday. hugs carol smile anita its good for you

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Carol-That sounds like so much fun....can't wait for the fun to begin. Friday hurry and get here.

Mary Ellen-I hope you don't have to go extra days in the Summer to make up all the missed days. This Winter has been cold and long to me.

Maryanne-Good Morning to you and hope everything is good in your life. Sure miss the long posts you used to do.

Anita-Thinking of you today as always. Keep us updated.

Susie-I miss you...hope you are doing well

Good morning to all our OBF ladies.

Shirley

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Hello Friends,
    I received my wonderful goodies from Beth today. Wow, am I Blessed!

Beth sent me lots of edible goodies, one of my favorites, peanut M & M's, Ghiradelli brownie mix and a Cadbury Cream Egg.

I also got Blueberry Body Butter with white socks to pamper my feet. Beth mentioned that the body butter works well on elbows and knees too, now to find some elbow or knee socks. LOL

I got a pretty pair of earrings, flower shape with an emerald stone in the center. These are very special because Beth knew my B;day was May-birthstone emerald and the earrings were her Mom's.

Also in my box was a sweet Alaskan angel pin, batchelor button seeds, a great book of egg recipes and a paperback novel.

I hope I remembered everything. Your box went out yesterday, Beth, I didn't realize the PO was closed Monday.

Hope you enjoy your goodies as much as I have.

Thank you tons!
    Susan

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    Thank you all so much, I still have a LONG week to wait till it's time to remove the cancer, I have felt like crap & just can't get motivated in any way, Sue G, I will listen to your advice for now, but it just would not be right to not send my end, so when the weather warms a bit, I WILL be sending you a box!!

Carol,
    Crap I wish I would have been here quicker! Did you send out my box for me? I forgot about that box too, it has been so long not to be needed.I will stay away from the C right after I get a new test & it's not on it:)

Going to lay back down, which is all I have felt like doing:)Anita

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Emergency box went out to Sue today . confirmation # 03071790000467129354. Sue I almost sent it out another time, so hope there isn't a note for someone else in the box. It is full of items contributed by obf members. hope you enjoy it. white elephant swap promises to be lots of fun. congrats Beth on this swap it was a great one.

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

JANUARY-MELISSA(hazelnutbunny) 'NEW BEGINNINGS'
    FEBRUARY-BETH (beth_b_Kodiak) 'A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS'
    MARCH-CAROL (veeja11) 'WHITE ELEPHANT SWAP'
    APRIL-SUSIE (skohler)
    MAY-SHIRLEY (brittneysgran) 'THE ABC'S OF GARDENING'
    JUNE-THERESA (theresa24)
    JULY-ANITA (nyvoices99) 'CHRISTMAS IN JULY'
    AUGUST-MARIE (wynative)
    SEPTEMBER-APRIL (dirt_under_my_nails)
    OCTOBER-JEANNE (sandlapper_rose)
    NOVEMBER-MARY ELLEN (mellen)
    DECEMBER-SASSY (sassyd)

Anita-God Bless you today and everyday.

Shirley

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

A quick update~
    My box went out today, USPS #0307 0020 0003 4320 4893.

Deb

• susandonb
    16 years ago

My box went out to Beth this AM. I did not get a confirmation number, is that required for the group?

Thanks,
    Susan

• missg
    16 years ago

I received my package yesterday, with a few of Beth's favorite
    things. Some of the things that was sent is thing that I enjoy. Socks " there's none thing like a good pair of socks to keep your feet warm on a chilly day", Beth's favorite recipe for Bake Pumpkin squares, Beth also send me everything I need to make her favorite recipe. " Instant jell-o pudding, Whipped Butter Cream Frosting, Lemon Supreme cake Mix, Lemon.
    Candy: Cream Egg, M&M, 3 packages of Bachelor Buttons seeds, for the places in the garden that may be a little bare, cups for tram planting seeds.
    Beth thank you once again Gale

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Thanks for sending the box Carol, that's very kind of you... I'll watch for it.

• mellen
    16 years ago

I have a box ready to go to Miss Annie tomorrow. The DC # is:
    0305 1720 0001 3914 3797. Beth, thank you for hosting such a nice swap! It really went very well. Mary Ellen/Mellen

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

good morning everyone - it's a snow day and it's just gorgeous out there - so many birds too, i made sure i ran out and filled all the feeders. supposed to turn icy and nasty later.

everyone sounds like they are getting wonderful boxes. how can you go wrong with socks!!!!! they are among some of my favorite things LOL

remy, just let me know when you are back, your box is almost ready, just will add a thing or two before it gets sealed and send.

anita, sorry to read about your health issues. wishing you the best.

stay warm,
    maryanne

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Earthly nice to see ya here, we miss you. I received a great box from Debby today, I didn't move any of my dahlias so I was really happy to receive dahlia blue bell. also giant picotee canna, a heart plaque, self stick notes burpee blue fescue seeds blue forget me not and burgandy gallardia seeds. I love it all Thankyou debby went out and dug hole for my new dahlia today but got called into work so didn't get her planted boy she is a beauty thankyou Debby. hugs carol

• veeja11
    16 years ago

ok sign up sheet for white elephant march swap is up, remember 1st item should be a white elephant, something you won't ever use but is to good to toss, mine is a sewing genie. hopoe to have a large turnout. bunny hunting ia allowed, actually encouraged.hugs ready

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Received my box from Carol today. I received: mini booklight, light-up sunglasses, fresh berries bath salts, an insense set, a can of mocha cappuccino wafer rolls, some pretty printed seed pkts, an assortment of seeds, a blue brooch, a potpourri book, and magnetic photo paper display. Thanks Carol!

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got a package yesterday from Susan.As my daughter said as I kept putting things out and unwrapping them, "That's a really nice Goodie Box".
    Hershey Kisses and hugs... the cherry ones were declared really great by all samplers.
    A recipe book for brunches with several tha I can't wait for an excuse to try.
    Sheer Fresia body cream, new scent for me but Very Nice.
    seeds and sea shells and a shirt candle holder all send messages sbout spring/summer and brighter days ahead.
    Home made from Susan's garden were jars of Beet relish and of Tomatoe bruchetta. WE tested the relish and declared it "very good"!! The bruchetta we are going to save for a special occasion. Amy was drooling but she was voted down so we'll try that later.
    A real cute little double flower pot holder for on the deck rail makes me think of spring too.
    The box was and will continue to be fun Susan. Great job and thanks.
    Hope I didn't forget anything but I don't usually have "Help" opening packages and this one caused a good bit of excitement.
    Thanks again for sharing some of your Favorite Things.
    BethB

• susandonb
    16 years ago

Oh Beth, I am so glad you liked it all, I was a bit nerveous since this was my first swap with the group.

The beet relish was a creation of mine after I had made more pickled beets than we could ever possibly eat or give away. I had also frozen some whole to roast as a side dish. So, rather than pickle more I made relish. I adore beets! Will be planting more in about 2 weeks.

Whatcha all think about beet salsa? I thought that might be interesting.

Thanks for letting me swap with you.
    Susan

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi All!
    I'm back home. It was a very nice trip. We did have a few mishaps like getting a flat on the way there in the middle of nowhere at the bottom of PA, but all in all a very nice trip.
    I would tell more, but I'm just too tired.

Anita,
    I'm so sorry to hear about what is happening. I sure hope they can get it all out of you. I know waiting is a awful!!

Maryanne,
    Of course you can send now : ) I've got all the stuff for your box. I just have to put it together, lol. I should be able to do it tomorrow. If I don't mail it tomorrow, I'll get it out on Tues.

I'll write more tomorrow when I'm less tired.
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    I feel so much better today!
    I wanted to tell you all that as I went past your area, I thought of you : ) Like northern Florida-Theresa, GA-Amy/April, SC-Jeanne/Sassy, NC mountains-Shirley, people driving small rvs-Beth(though I'm not sure what you are driving exactly.)
    I took some pics, nothing too exciting. They are on the link below. There's a few of my dad's. He couldn't believe people would pay good money for his plants that he has growing like weeds, lol. Oh, there is a neat pic of Gary at Plantation Key Nursery. Enlarge it and check out the size of the vines! I was running out of pic space so I couldn't take too many at the nursery. I love that nursery stuff is just crammed everywhere! Gary bought a large memory card, so now I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Amy or April,
    How come the rain in Georgia always seems biblical? lol. It really rains there!

Shirley,
    Sorry about your foot accident. Sprains are worse than breaking bones sometimes!

Susie,
    Hope you are feeling better.

Deb,
    You've had quite the winter, makes mine look tame! Oh I thought of you because of the parrots living wild down near my dad's. You would enjoy the birds down in the Keys.

Mellen,
    You've had quite the winter too! I hope the school had extra snow days worked into the calendar so school doesn't last longer this year. Though I know you love your kiddies : ) Oh, I think I'm going to have another special ed class come. This one is because they heard what a good job I do!

Maryanne,
    I made it to the post office right before they closed. The DC# is 0307 0020 0001 0809 8675. No socks this time, but I think you are going to like it : )

If I forgot you, you know I didn't mean it!
    Talk to you later,
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Key Largo Etc. Pics

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

JUst popping in to say that I came home for a few hours then on the road again.

I want to thank MaryEllen for the wonderful package. Oh my I don't know where to begin,

A Stepping stone with a dragon fly on it.

Two dish towels, one with tulips, and the other with violas on it.

Note cards with a gift book, "Just Between Us". nice, nice, nice.

The cutest little oil burner that is a blue stoneware bowl. I've never seen anything like it.( I just love it)!

Bag of assorted Candy Kisses.

MaryEllen, I do love everything you sent, but girl, you went over and above. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

ON my travels Kelly had her new baby. Little girl, so cute weighed in at 6lbs 1 oz.

I had a fender bender, but no one was hurt. The poor guy tried is best. to avoid hitting me, but the ice was bad.

I then fell on the ice, and I my backside is black/ blue/purple/green.

I hope everyone is well, and those that have been sick or hurt are feeling better. I will post more when I return home Friday. I have to hit the road again in a couple of hours.

Beth, thanks for hosting, and Mary Ellen, again, thank you! Your generosity amazes me.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

Remy,
    Love your pictures and know you must have had an awesome time. It's so nice to visit family. I know what you mean about our rain and we really need it after the aweful drought this summer. Take care, Amy

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone.

Annie, sorry to hear about your fall and car mishap. Hope you heal soon. Not sure who Kelly is, but congrats on the new baby. Gotta love a new baby. They really bring out the best in a person.

Anita, positive thoughts, good vibes and prayers sent your way in your healing. Keep the faith!

Susan, I think if you tried making beet salsa with pineapple and maybe a hint of ginger, that would be a banging salsa, especially if you roast the beets first. Of course I would still use some onion, a little sugar and lime juice, but I'd waiver over cilantro vs. parsley. Would love to hear what you choose to do with some of the beets. One of my favorite ways is roasted whole in their skins and then slathered in honey.

Remy, welcome back. I'll go check out your vacation pix. Hope you guys had a great time. Wanted you to know your box is in the mail, sure hope you like some of my favorite things. I'll post confirmation if necessary, but I'm too tired (translate lazy) to go get it now. I loved putting the box together for you!!!!!

Hope everyone is staying warm. It's a real cold one here today. I heard half a blurb on the news about Georgia getting snow and should I assume that's an odd thing for Georgia? Guess I'll have to brush up on my Georgian geography.

Be well,
    Maryanne

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Annie,
    Sorry to hear about your little bit of bad luck. I bet you can't wait for winter to be over!
    Congrats on the baby. : )

Susan,
    Beet salsa sounds interesting. Maryanne's got some good suggestions. You beet relish sounds good too, something my Gary would like.

Amy,
    I hope it keeps raining, or snowing as Maryanne mentioned, so you don't have problems this year. I think I saw North Carolina still is in drought conditions, but it may have changed since I last saw that. I'm sure Shirley knows.

Maryanne,
    It is freezing here!!! Gary started a fire. I can't wait for the blower to kick in. Don't worry about the DC#, I've been known to get to lazy to dig them out of my purse, lol.
    I hope your box came today!
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

Remy,

Thanks kindly for the GRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAT box of goodies you sent. (First let me apologize, I think it was there yesterday, but I'm not real sure). You might get a little chuckle when you get your box to see how we think alike in a few ways!

Anyway....

Remy, I love it all and it's so me even though it's your favorite things.

As you can see, two wonderful pieces of polish pottery. I just love pottery to begin with and I have an incredible collection of S&P shakers, but I'm over the top thrilled with the butter dish.

A bottle of key lime juice and a keylime dessert cookbook, a few recipes I've already eyed and look forward to making.

The sign (how appropriate can this be LOL) it says "beware of attack gardener". A beautiful victorian valentine day card (it didn't make the picture and i'm too lazy to retake), a lovely shell from Remy's collection, a gorgeous card with a lovely note, and Gary's favorite hot dog sauce and a scrubby/sponge (both of which are made in Buffalo NY), a wonderful gardening snowman ornament and a coupon good for an iris for my g-babe's garden called "baby blessed".

having not been involved in the swaps these last several months, what a great box to get upon my return.

thank you my dear friend, i love it all!!!!!!

maryanne

{{gwi:1233749}}

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Maryanne,
    I'm so glad you liked it! I figured you would, but I wasn't too sure about the butter dish, now I'm very happy I sent it.
    Your box didn't come today, so I'm looking forward to Monday!
    Remy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    My box came! I got a wonderful box from Maryanne : )
    She wrapped up everything in pretty garden motif paper. So it was like Christmas. Much of the box is very bird related which is great because they are some of my favorite things too. The box contained:
    not one but 2!! tube feeders, one is specifically for finches and one is for other small birds
    A window bird feeder
    A hummingbird feeder-you can never have too many feeders, IMHO!
    hummingbird food
    A whimsical bird designed wind chime
    A garden tool caddy for putting around a bucket-this is good for me because I tend to lose things while gardening
    2 pkgs. of annual cut flower seeds, the pkgs. are cool looking. They are advertisements for the Philadelphia museum of Art show "Renoir Landscapes"-You didn't even know Renoir was my favorite artist! I did get to see his "Luncheon of the Boating Party" painting in person and it was amazing. I digress, back to the box, lol.
    2 cookbooks! One is 'Preserves and Canning'-how great is that!
    One is 'The Saint Louis Cookbook'- another perfect one for my regional cookbook collection
    Now this is hillarious. In the box there was a refrigerator magnet, which is nice in itself, because I decorate my fridge with them, but what does it say?....
    "Beware of Attack Gardener"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! Is that too funny or what?

Thanks so much for a great box Maryanne! I love it all too!! : )

Talk to you all soon,
    Remy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

I'm losing my mind! It was very nice today, and I went out to sprinkle poppy and larkspur seeds all over the garden, and I see iris coming alive, and it reminded me I forgot one more thing about the box! Maryanne said she would send me a piece of 'Niagara' Iris if it multiplied for her. She got it last year. I bet she got it on the trip to the iris farm! I've been looking for plants that have names about where I live. And if it didn't multiply enough, I'm happy to wait until next year. : )
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

remy, i am so glad the box got there. appears the box went astray for a day or two but finally found it's way to your post office/door.

i hope i mentioned that i grabbed those seed packets not so much for the seeds, but because of the art work on the packet.

i found a second use for the butter dish. it fits a block of cream cheese and it worked great for cream cheese, pepper jelly and crackers. gotta love dual purpose items.

were you the last to receive?

be well,
    maryanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Earthly and Remy you sure put a terrific wrap up on this swap. Those were beautiful boxes.
    It has been fun and I enjoyed sharing the favorites as I read the posts.
    Thanks all for being in my swap.
    BB

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Thanks Beth! You had a great theme to your swap : )

Maryanne,
    I know you sent them because they were pretty pkts. with the art work, but you are psychic! Renoir, How fitting it was my favorite artist.
    Great idea for the dish too!
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

i agree beth, great idea for the swap. i certainly enjoyed being a part of it, having been away from swapping for quite some time.

maryanne