SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19774863

My largest small harvest this season

User
10 years ago

Hi Folks,

Unlike last season, my plants were limited this year. I've been harvesting pods here and there as they ripened over the past couple of months but nothing to fill a plate and photograph.

Anyhow, with the weather turning against me now, I pulled whatever was almost ripe to ripe a few days ago.

Middle: Chimayo. Clockwise from the 1:00 position: Chocolate Bhut Jolokia; Savinas; a couple of small Bhuts; Moruga and Butch T's; stunted Berbere's; Orange Habs and finally, my most prolific plant this year, Esox07's Naga Morich's.

Overnight today it's going to get close to freezing overnight so I pulled pods from plants destined for compost and moved a couple of others inside.

Here's a couple of shots of today's small harvest of mainly Botinecka Zuta and a few Orange Habs and Savina's.

For some reason my yellows didn't get the memo that the season is ending, they're taking their time ripening. I've moved my Yellow Bhut Jolokia and Trinidad Scorpion FG inside. I've harvested 8 or so Yellow Bhuts so far but there's still 30 odd green pods on the plant. I've got easily 200 pods on my TS FG but it's only now starting to ripen. It's a real tease!

Here's a couple of shots of the FG (not a pure Scorpion but the only variety that consistently puts out a stinger on at least 90% of its pods).

FWIW,

BBill

This post was edited by ottawapepper on Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 19:23

Comments (16)

Sponsored