SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
green_passion

Homemade Spray for Aphids

green_passion
9 years ago

I have been looking for the best recipe to kill and prevent aphids. To find the best one I have been doing some experiments. Last week I used 30% soap flakes homemade spray but I got negative result the plants lost 70% foliage. I was expected some bubbles in the bottle like dishwasher do so I put a lot of soap flakes, it could be too much. In fact real soap has less or no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (a detergent) that makes a lot of lather.

Today I made 100% Castile Soap (Olive oil soap) after collecting information from the Net. I checked the pH level of the soap it has 7.

"the most balanced Ph level of soap is 7 and dove is one of the
soaps that is proven to have Ph level of 7 "

"The acidic layer helps your skin retain moisture and keeps germs out. To help maintain the skin's fatty protective layer, use a cleanser with a pH level (5.5 pH) similar to that of the skin itself. If you use a soap that's too alkaline, it will break up the acid in your skin, causing dryness. Soap from a 7-10 pH level is fine you can use the soap. From 11 to 12 pH level is not good and anything over 12 is too high the soap should not be used."

It gives me some idea and so the pH level of homemade spray may play an important role to kill the aphid. Just try to express my feeling about my killing aphid project :)

Today I sprayed two plants for experiment, one is chili plant the other is nightshade plant Pepino. If I got a good result I am going to make 100% Neem Oil soap, I hope Neem Oil Soap will be better than Castile Soap (Olive Oil Soap).

If anyone has any experience, please provide me some tips.

Veto

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting