SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judo_and_peppers

Spicy bacon chocolate

judo_and_peppers
9 years ago

I'll give you a second to let the word combination in the title sink in a little bit. it's a great combo. I don't know why I've never posted this recipe.

1 bag bacon jerky
2 bags chocolate chips (I use 1 bag hersheys milk chocolate 1 bag hersheys special dark)
1/8th tsp of very extremely finely ground superhot powder, or however much you feel is appropriate. a tiny bit goes a long way.

put bacon jerky it in the food processor to get it broken up into chunks.

get a bowl that fits inside another bowl (or a large measuring cup that fits inside a pot, whatever works) to melt the chocolate in. the idea is to put the chocolate chips in the smaller bowl, and fill the larger one with freshly boiled water, so you don't have to worry about the chocolate burning. or you could just do it in the microwave, whatever floats your boat.

whatever method of melting the chocolate chips you prefer, I've found the best way to do it is melt the chocolate, stir in the pepper powder and get it really well distributed, then stir in the bacon chunks

spoon into a muffin pan with paper cups, and put in the freezer. you don't wanna fill the muffin cups, at about a half inch fill, this recipe will make about 12 pieces in your average muffin pan.

I have no idea how long these last in the fridge before going bad, they never make it that long. I make this for parties sometimes, and they freakin disappear. I've done it without the bacon, and I've also done it with rice crispies to stretch it a bit further. if you do it without the bacon, add a bit of sea salt.

I know extremely well versed chefs who have told me "it's best to leave chocolate to the pros" on account of how difficult it is to get it perfect, so I don't care if it's not perfect. it'll be a little melty, but so what? it's still delicious.

how else can you get so much joy for under $10?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH