SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mkirkwag_gw

Lime Sulphur...oh, dear

mkirkwag
19 years ago

Because I almost never spray, I can be a little, ummm...let's say *unsophisticated* ('simple' is such an ugly word) about chemicals. I bought a peach tree and a rose, and read that lime sulphur is approved for organic use. Usually, I'd just go for the cornell formula, but peach leaf curl is the mafioso of the plant world, so I wanted the heavy-hitter, and figured I may as well dose my rose, too. Somehow, I managed to read only the environmental hazards, and not the hazards to human health or storage issues.

Lime and sulphur...what could be dangerous about that? I was out there spraying away with NO protection, letting the dogs run around...the luck of idiots, I guess. No damage to anyone, except terminal dry skin caused by the obsessive showering I've been doing since I actually *read* the label.

Now I have a sprayer full of this stuff, and I don't know what to do with it. Do any of you use this? Should I dump the remainder down the sink? Offer it on an alter to placate the Gods of Toxic Waste? Throw away the sprayer? Are the sulphur fumes going to cause my house to explode? My dog to throw up? The skunks to move out?

Any advice? Anyone?

Comments (18)