SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeffcat_gw

My weeds...with a few roses

jeffcat
14 years ago

I just started these roses last year. Some were bought from the nursey as potted bare roots and others were bands I bought. As you can tell, I rent the property and I haven't got around to clear the leaves, weeds, etc. I also completely pruned Belinda's Dream wrong, but I'll get to her after the 1st flush. Just thought I'd share. I left out Winchester Cathedral and Christopher Marlowe as there wasn't much to see yet.

Front of the house on the North side. Pat Austin does surprisingly well here and is quite well mannered in form. WS2000 does OK...could do better but he gets the least sun as well. I'll be interested to do in their 2nd year.

I pruned Sharifa rather hard since she was a band last year and was shooting out lateral canes. I pruned a lot of Golden Celebration back in hopes it would throw out more of the long canes that I kept on it. New Dawn grew a lot, but I hope it can at least get to the top of the arbor I made in a day haha.

Zephy wasn't a proliferic bloomer last year, but looks to be going strong so far. Evelyn has a couple canes that are near 4ft long...this was after I purchased her as a band from High Country Roses in late July. Pretty Jessica and Abe Darby are both doing great.

Lots of out of control ground cover around Graham but I might just keep it since it keeps the ground moist in the summer. Graham was slow to go at 1st, then in late July took off like a rocket. I'm hoping it to train it along the fences 2x4s.

Now for these two bad kids. Both are beautiful and disease free. Unfortunately, they haven't done much in terms of growth or blooming...especially White Eden. The blooms on Red Eden are to die for. There is a slight slope to the sidewalk and they are planted right near it. In any case, I'm really hoping they actually take off this year.

{{gwi:275007}}

I'll get more pics after they are in bloom. I should probably have them in bloom by the end of April year. Definately going to do so with Red Eden. As much as it hasn't become a climber for me the blooms are gorgeous and I'm going to go on an enable-quest. XD

Comments (3)