SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilacs_of_may

Mail order or online order organic garden soil???

lilacs_of_may
17 years ago

Is there anywhere where you can order bags of garden soil online??? That's the only way I'll be able to get any kind of dirt to grow my vegetables in. As it stands, I'm probably going to have to simply throw away several dozen vegetable, flower, and herb plants because I have nowhere to plant them. No one around here sells any kind of garden soil, organic or not. Lowes doesn't sell garden soil. Target doesn't sell it. Neither does Walgreens. I've checked them all.

I tried to buy some organic garden soil at Home Depot, as well as other supplies that I needed. It took me three hours limping around Home Depot on my bad foot to get everything I needed. When I got to checkout, I found out my wallet was missing. The check girl started yelling at me. I asked her to just keep everything in one place and I would go home and look for my wallet. She started screaming at me and yelled that if I wasn't here by closing time she was going to put everything away. I told her to just keep it together by the checkstand and I would come back for it.

The buses weren't running for some reason, and I couldn't check on why because Cingular dropped each one of my 16 calling attempts, then charged me for every dropped call. So it took me an hour and a half to limp home. I found my wallet, called Home Depot and asked to talk to a supervisor. He checked it out, and I could hear the checkout girl screaming in the background. Just after I left, she put a great deal of effort into putting everything away around the store, including a 40 pound bag of soil. She put a lot of work into screwing me over.

Home Depot has lost my business forever. I was going to order $200 of soil. I needed sprinklers front and back replaced. I needed front and back landscaped. I wanted to do a basement remodel. And I wanted to buy a new dishwasher. I'd say that their petty little display of meanness cost them at least $10,000.

And I still have no #$&(@$!*& garden soil!!!

I'm ready to just chuck all of my plants into the compost bin and give up gardening. It's supposed to be a fun and relaxing hobby. It's not worth this much grief and pain.

:-(

Comments (4)