SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redshirtcat

Diagnoses? A few problems here..

redshirtcat
12 years ago

Hello - I bought quite a few miniature roses from John's Miniature Roses awhile back. They are doing reasonably well in little pots. However in the past 2 weeks or so I've begun to see problems. I spray once a week with Neem Oil and am very careful to spray the top and bottom of the entire plant. My in-ground hybrid Ts had a botrytis problem this season with all of the moisture so I've been spraying them with a copper fungicide once a week if the temps are above 60. If I spray the hybrids I spray the miniatures as well.

Here is what I'm seeing:

It looks like this Rainbow's End has aphids on the bud there - but what is the white stuff below with the little white looking bug in the middle of it? Will Neem control these aphids or should I try something else? High pressure water sprays are what I've been trying but I have to be careful since the plants are pretty tiny.

A lot of my roses (including the hybrid Ts) are doing this odd chlorotic thing with no evidence of blackspot or botrytis on the leaves. Some of the plants DO have blackspot but I see a lot of yellowing in places where there is no obvious disease. Any idea what might be going on? It usually looks like this:

I'm not sure what is going on here. If this is sooty mold or the beginnings of black spot or maybe even botrytis. I'm not sure how it could be fungal since this plant was 100% green 2 days ago when I sprayed everything with Neem and a day later with copper.

A *lot* of my roses have these small areas of nearly translucent leaves. No obvious disease anywhere on some of the plants but just these little paper-thin spots in the leaves. I assume this is some kind of insect but I don't know what kind? Will the Neem not kill whatever this is? What would?

Another shot from a 'Hot Tamale' plant:

This pic is large because I don't know if you can see what I'm talking about but I've also seen lots of this very thin webbing stuff around the buds and I don't know if this is natural or mite-related? If you can't see it click through and download the original, it's easier to see when it is large:

Thanks a lot for reading and any advice. I can spray as often as is necessary and have been picking off any diseased leaves.. I really want these to look nice.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH