SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
selenastar

Growing Miniature roses in doors

selenastar
13 years ago

Hi there, I am a first time gardener and I just received a collection of mini roses and because I live in the city, I'd like to grow these in doors. I know it's typically harder to do this acording to the five or six articles I've read on trying to grow mini roses in doors but it is still possible. First off, the collection came with 12 plants and although I'm thrilled to have them I feel like they might be too many to manage in the home. My first initial thought was to put them in pots and have three or four pots in my windows. I have three windows in my livingroom. Now, I'm not sure if that's the best plan because I feel like I would have way too much to do. I've read about obtaining some artificial lighting for the plants and I'm planning to invest in getting one. Would one lamp be enough? I also read about putting the pots on top of a tray with water and pebbles to retain the moisture for the plants. I have the fertilizer to feed them when it's time, and from what I'm told from customer service that supplied these plants, I wouldn't use it until four weeks. Some of the plants are blooming already in my window and I'm watering them regularly. Since I'm a first time gardener, I will be frequently posting questions and I hope you all can help. Is there anything else I need to know about planting these beautiful plants in doors? Aside the pebbles, watering, and lighting, what else can I learn about this. I'd like to hear from someone who have done this or are doing this now so I can get some helpfull hints. Thank you all, I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Selena

Comments (3)

Sponsored