SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyman_gw

How do you eat your peppers?

bunnyman
12 years ago

Just made a batch of pepper jelly... what an adventure. I hope it is edible... my kitchen smelled like I had released pepper gas.

Chili pot will go steady for the next 6 months. I'm single and my chili morphs into a spicy mixture of whatever the garden throws at me. Chili for breakfast this morning!.. then starting a new pot as I have fresh garden tomatoes that are going over-ripe.

I've not found peppers that I like in my curry other then cayenne and serreno.

Sometimes just a tiny sliver of a tangy hab in my pea soup... not even enough to make it hot just a flavor note.

Poppers are good but not something I go to the trouble of making for myself.

Bad habit of whizzing a habenera in a blender full of Bloody Mary mix... I love it when the ice cubes smoke.

Jalapenos are the only peppers I eat stand alone raw. I'll taste a tiny bit of raw hab to get an idea of the flavor and heat... I grow different types of habs searching for a particular flavor.

I have a boat load of hot peppers this year... orange habs, Caribbean Reds, Red Savina, cayenne, and jalpeno.

Anyways... looking for new ideas for using up the bounty. About three quarts in the freezer so I'm full up of peppers there. Four habeneras overwintering and my cayenne that puts out all year long... more fresh peppers on the way.

How do you consume your peppers?

Comments (10)

Sponsored