SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reyna1_gw

Danny's 2013 grow list

reyna1
11 years ago

First of all I must say that my 2012 grow season was almost a flop. The thing that made it worthwhile was that my Galapagoense finally bloomed and set pods!

I had planted Serrano (store bought seedlings), siling haba, bell peppers, and an over wintered chiletepin. The only plant that produced anything of note was/is the chiletepin. Funny thing was that I actually accidentally turned it into a bonchi. It was tiny this year but prolific year round and I never ran out of peppers to use. We'd harvest 3-6 every day for dipping sauces. The Serranos were tiny and did produce a little but I suspect they were hybrid because the shape (oblong) on some was weird and way smaller than I've ever seen for Serranos (very little heat on any peppers).

The siling haba I grew from seed and only produced a couple of peppers.

This years starting list:

Chiletepin

from pods that were from a plant my father had (the pods were larger and consistently round than other chiletepin I've seen)

Charapita (seed was picked from the jungle)

Lanceolatum (this is maybe third try to get germination)

Pimente da neyde

Parvifolium

Chacoense (second try, first try produced 100% germination, but I let plants get stunted and neglected)

Overwintering:

Serrano

Siling haba

Chiletepin

Bell pepper (one plant that actually produced decent pods)

So far chiletepin have germinated and charapita germinated. I'll see how they do. I'm going to try my hand at growing lights!

Comments (3)

Sponsored