SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sprouts_honor

Peppers at Schedel Gardens (many photos)

sprouts_honor
13 years ago

The hubby and I just returned from a 'staycation' at a resort area in Sandusky, Ohio. We found an ad for a garden about 30 minutes south west at Elmore, Ohio in the middle of nowhere. It was well worth the drive - 17 acres of stunning landscape. There were several exhibits I fell in love with but the most exciting was the pepper area. I couldn't believe my eyes. I've never seen so many types of peppers growing in a garden. I should have counted the varieties but was so excited I could hardly hold the camera still. There were chilies and ornamental (all sweet were growing in the vegetable garden) - Bhut, Tepin, Poblano, Chilly Chili, Serrano, Black Pearl, Purple Flash, Shu, Medusa, Marble, Fish and many other I can't remember. There were about 6 beds grouped together that were several hundred square feet total with a few herbs mixed in. Not one plant had a yellow leaf but a couple looked like they could use a shot of calcium. It was so impressive I have to share a few pictures.

So if you're ever between Toledo and Sandusky, head south and stop by Schedel Gardens. You won't be disappointed.

Jennifer

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH