SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

This just isn't right!

Andrew Scott
10 years ago

Hi guys! I know it has been a while since I have posted here at all. I have just been trying to get all my plumeria and all my other tropicals, and house plants moved into the house. Tonight we are forcasted to have our first lite frost with temps dipping down to 30 degrees....Oh how I wished I lived in Florida!

What truly bums me out is that this is when most of my plumerias have decided that it is time to produce inflos(many of which are first time bloomers, like my J.J. Oratai which should open its first flower in a week or so, and J.J. Jenny) and I just don't have enough space to keep them under my HPS light. If I had o guess at how many are trying to flower now, I would have to say 20+. I am going to have to order another bulb for my HPS light but I am also considering hanging some flourescent lights in my basement for now, until I can buy something that can produce better light.

This coming summer, I am hoping that if I start fertilizing sooner, maybe I can get themctyio produce inflos and flowers sooner. That's if our spring temps cooperate.

What a bummer! Especially for Oratai which cost me a pretty penny :(

Take care everyone!
Andrew

Comments (4)