SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dr_andre_phufufnik

'Applejack'

dr_andre_phufufnik
15 years ago

This one of the first Buck roses and it's a ancestor for most that followed in his collection. 'Applejack' is a large, arching, healthy bush that blooms continuously from early June to late August in zone 4. I have had this rose for fifteen years and never any winter damage. Utterly healthy.

{{gwi:1200966}}

'Applejack'

The flowers arrive in clusters all over the plant. They are scented well enough, but the spring foliage has that eglantine perfume in the leaves. By summer the leaves' scent is less noticeable.

'Applejack' is a great replacement rose for cold-zoners who want something superior to Explorer beast roses like 'William Baffin' and 'John Cabot.' You could even train it as a climber, but I prefer to let mine be themselves.

{{gwi:1200969}}

'Applejack'

There's orange hips and pale yellow leaves in October. Sadly, this rose holds an attraction for the JBs.

And a few other pictures from last season. I hope you don't mind.

{{gwi:373311}}

A frothy crabapple spray

{{gwi:1200972}}

Columbines reseed about the place. I let the pretty ones stay. Each year there's new ones and new colors

{{gwi:1200974}}

Old fashioned Bleeding Heart is planted over the grave of our little dog, Piccolo. It blooms about the time he died

Comments (2)