SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
singcharlene

Spring Swap: Saturday, May 17th @1pm

singcharlene
16 years ago

This is a new link to say that we've pinned down a date for the spring swap which I will host at my home in Castle Rock CO (Happy Canyon exit 187 off of I25).

Spring Swap will be Saturday, May 17th @1pm

As we get closer to the date, those of you who'd like to come please private message me with your email address and I will send out a mass email to everyone with directions to my home. I've never had problems receiving PM's from this forum but if I don't respond to you in a week please make sure to try again (fyi: the reason I say to give me a week is that I will be out of town to a family reunion and not have access to a computer for five days in May).

Let's do potluck style where everybody brings a dish to share with all. I'll supply disposable lunchware and water/iced tea.

This was mentioned on the other thread, but just to make sure everyone knows that if you don't have things to swap you can still come! There's been more than enough in the past for everyone and some plants even went to charity. Getting together with other local gardeners and putting faces to the screennames is the real fun of it!

As we get closer to the date, please feel free to post what it is that you'll be bringing. You can work out amongst yourselves if there's something someone really wants and would like to claim dibs on prior to the swap and maybe that person will set aside for you.

If I've forgotten anything, please chime in!

Looking forward to it! Let the RSVP's begin below!

Charlene

Comments (54)

• Azura
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I will be there and I will bring a huge bag of On the Border tortilla chips and a quart each of salsa and guacamole since I am not the world's best cook.
    I am also hoping to bring a lot of plants this time, depending upon my winter sowing success. I will post a list when it gets closer to the swap.
    I will have TONS of Junebearing strawberry plants if anyone is interested.
    Thank you for hosting the swap Charlene, I cannot wait to see how your kitchen turned out!

• billie_ladybug
    16 years ago

Azura - you can sign me up for anything that has "berry" in it. I am actually taking a break from preparations on my garden right now. Strawberry bed is one of the many additions for the new garden. I was just planning on orderins "Sparkle". We eat so many its amazing.
    Anyway I will take some of those. Thanks for bringing them ahead of time.
    Billie

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Washington Twp. Plant Swap Sept. 10 1pm

Q

Comments (1)
    Hi Gardenpoppy, I live in Washington Twsp. too. I am going to contact my 2 garden friends and see if they will be able to come with me. I will let you know soon. I was hoping to come across another exchange before winter. Thanks for the post. Debbie
    ...See More

HAVES: 2016 SPRING MAG SWAP (Saturday, May 7) - Plants You Have List

Q

Comments (40)
    Likewise!! It was so wonderful actually meeting everyone and thank you SO very much for your generosity! Gardengramma, thank you especially for hosting, and providing such a gloriously beautiful place for us to meet. (You did am amazing job dialing up the weather as well). Since I got there without my leucojeum or redhot poker I'd be open to making one-off arrangements. I had to get the leucojeum right back into the ground but I can dig some more. Some people also mentioned a possible fall meeting? Which of course would be better for leucojeum, peonies, other fall-dormant plants... One other note - I thought I'd be able to tell people this as we traded but it was a little too chaotic -- in our area we have a serious problem with Japanese stilt grass, very invasive in the woods near us. I don't know if it's widespread but I don't want to be responsible for spreading it. I'm pretty sure I did not include any ride-alongs in my trades, BUT, stilt-grass makes a lot of seed. It's incredibly easy to pull up and easy to kill, but if it goes to seed, it makes an awful lot. Don't let anything grassy come up in your transplants...
    ...See More

WANTED: 2016 Spring MAG Swap (Saturday, May 7): Plants you WANT List

Q

Comments (25)
    Would love: - Japanese Lantern (Physalis alkekengi) - Pumpkin on a Stick (Solanum Integrifolium) - Easter Egg (Solanum ovigerum) - Hostas - any type, any size, any color - Peppers - hot - Gardenia - Allium or globemaster - any type, any size, any color - Autumn clematis Gardenia
    ...See More

Saturday, May 18, 2019: SPRING MAG SWAP - WANTS LIST (see link below)

Q

Comments (1)
    All - here's the link for our FB page MidAtlantic Garden Forum https://www.facebook.com/groups/1420322338277506/
    ...See More
  • irisgirl
    16 years ago

I plan to be there, Charlene, and thanks. Will have SOME 'Heritage' raspberry shoots for sure, Billie; anything else is the result of lucky wintersowing.

Thought it would be neat if folks could bring a small photo album or scrapbook of their yards to show some of the changes they have made in the past 3-4 years or so. Any interest, anyone?

• billie_ladybug
    16 years ago

Irisgirl that sounds like fun. I'm sure I can dig up photos of whar I have been doing. My garden will be changing a lot in the next few weeks as I am still building. We could also get some really good ideas from eachother on new projects. That would be FUN!! I have lots of project room and I will be sure to bring the pics of the different chicken coops too.
    Billie

• aliceg8
    16 years ago

I have my calendar marked! I'll bring any successes from witner sowing - which seems kind of iffy right now, but I'm crossing my fingers.

Irisgirl - I think your idea is a great one... we get to know the faces of our friends at the swaps, but it would be cool to get to know their gardens a little better too!

Azura, I think I would like some strawberries too. Do those strawberry pots work here? The last time I saw them used was when we lived in California. What would you do with the pot over the winter?

• highalttransplant
    16 years ago

Oooh, Alice, where's the faith, girl? : )

Charlene, I plan to be there, and will post what plants I will be bringing when it gets closer to time. As far as the potluck, I have a bit of a drive, so I'll have to think about what can be made ahead and travels well. I'll get back to you on that one.

Azura, last year I planted a few everbearing strawberry plants in a planter, which has been overwintering on the porch. If those don't come back, I may take you up on the strawberry offer too.

Irisgirl, are those raspberries thornless? All of my garden photos are on the computer, so I'll have to print a few out. You have also reminded me that I need to be sure to get before shots of the areas where I am making and expanding beds this year.

I can't wait to meet everyone!
    Bonnie

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm saving everyone's private email in a "Spring Swap" file and before the swap I'll email everyone with directions.

That is a great idea about bring photos of your gardens. Actually that'd be a good thread for this forum too.

Bonnie, you don't have to bring anything to the pot luck. You are driving a long way and we are just looking forward to meeting YOU :)

I've yet to winter sow anything but I plan to start some Asclepias (butterfly weed), basil, and then I'll also start some veggies and hopefully have some of those to trade. I've got a lot of seed and lots of plastic milk jugs saved.

We are in the process of getting licensed to fost-adopt a baby/child from Arapahoe County Social Services. So all the preparation in cleaning out closets, rooms, etc. for the home study is kind of consuming us right now. But I MUST make time for my winter sowing!

Spring Fever is official!

Charlene

• billie_ladybug
    16 years ago

Quick thought. What about a laptop and a CD slide show? That way everyone just brings a CD and if you don't have a CD then bring picx? I cannot volunteer a laptop as I do not have one right now, but I might by the time we get to the swap.
    Billie

• billie_ladybug
    16 years ago

Hey, another thought (I actually have those once in a while:). How about if we bring copies of our lunch dish to share. That way we can take them home and make it ourselves. Yes, no, maybe? Just an idea.
    Billie

• jclepine
    16 years ago

I'm there! I have no idea where you live but I'll figure it out :)
    I'll probably bring something like a lunch dish rather than a sweet.
    'Tis possible that with my late frost date I won't have much to bring, but I'll bring myself and any seeds leftover from the fall swap!
    Looking forward to it!
    Jennifer

• yago
    16 years ago

Hey there, Count me in. I'm in the process of re-organizing the house as my wife is 16 weeks pregnant so I've been kicked out of the spare room. Once I can set back up my computer I'll email you Charlene.

Not sure what I'll bring just yet.

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi to everyone!

Just FYI, for those of you who said you wanted to come, if you haven't emailed private messaged me your personal email address with your RSVP, I won't be able to let you know where I live!

I'll reply to your message with your email address so that you'll know I got it.

Can't wait!

Charlene

• twhgardener
    16 years ago

I would like to try this again - couldn't make it to the last one. Please include me! Lbialy@myedl.com.

Thanks!

Lisa :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Firewalkers Ranch

• autodidact
    16 years ago

I'm interested. Still a newbie, can someone tell me what goes on at the Spring swap? Thanks.

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    16 years ago

Hi Autodidact,

I havent seen Charlene around here for a while, so IÂll answer your question about what happens at the swap this way!

HereÂs the link to the pictures from the Fall Swap which will help some, and here are links to the Fall Swap Part One and Fall Swap Part Two threads which should answer any other questions you may have.

If these threads raise more questions than they answer, just let us know.

WeÂd love to see you at the swap,
    Skybird

P.S. Charlene, I still have all the addresses from the Fall Swap if youÂre having trouble getting any of them. Just let me know and IÂll email them to you.

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Skybird. Haven't seen you for a while either.

It's good to hear from those interested so far. I've sent a reply to the direct email address to everyone who has emailed me with their address:

autodidact
    billie_ladybug
    highalttransplant
    twhgardener
    aliceg8
    loveseeds
    yago
    irisgirl
    gjmancini
    azura
    skybird-(I have your email address)

jclepine-(I don't have your email address)
    yago-(I have your email address from last year but I know your email said your computer is not up & running for a little while. So shoot me an email when you're able to)

Autodidact- A swap is where we all meet to "swap" plants with other members of this forum. Some people specifically planted seed to trade small transplants or dug up extra plants, bulbs, or harvested seed. If you don't have anything to swap, don't worry! There's more than enough for everyone. Come anyway and have fun meeting other garden nuts :) I got your private message and sent you a direct reply to your email address.

I'm going to plant a batch of spinach so I can make a big salad for the swap.

;)
    Charlene

16 years ago

Charlene,

I just emailed you Jennifer's address.

If you're making that same spinach salad as last year, I absolutely MUST be there!

Skybird

• bloomingamaryllisrmg
    16 years ago

Please include me!

cyndilauda@yahoo.com

Cyndi

• balkandina
    16 years ago

This looks like a lot of cool garden fun! I will start planning divisions,etc...now. How do you arrange exchanges? Is it one for one or what?

• billie_ladybug
    16 years ago

Balkandina- I don't know how they did it at the fall swap, but last spring, we just took turns until everything was gone. One-one does not work since some people don't have anything to trade (which is not required) and other people don't have a yard to put any more stuff in. In the spring, we started with plants that people could not live without, and went from there.

Hope this makes sense.

Billie

• hoppithaven
    16 years ago

I'm not sure of my schedule yet, but I'd like to be there if possible! I don't know what I'll have to share yet, since I'm just starting plants for the first time. Would anyone be interested in tomato plants, or does everyone start their own? Charlene, I sent an email through your page. Since I'm pretty new here, I hope I'm not intruding! Please let me know if so. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
    hoppity

• billie_ladybug
    16 years ago

Hoppity - you are not intruding and welcome to the group. There are no requirements as to what to bring. I'm sure that if you bring tomatoes, they will find a home somewhere. I plan on starting about 15-20 types this year, but the garden always has a spot for one more type, I like to try new things or old I haven't visited for a while. We will probably start a list of what we are bringing sometime in late April (guessing) so everyone has an idea what they might like.
    SOOOOOOO, as long as your not an axe murderer, your welcome. LOL You would have to look up the old thread from last years spring swap to understand. Go look. I'd attach, but I cannot seem to get things from this site to post on this site, yet.

Billie

16 years ago

Yes! Welcome Hoppity and BalkanDina! We're glad you found us and are planning to come.

Billie's already answered your questions, but here's a link to the thread with the "axe murderer" comment. It's the Spring Swap thread from last year, and the comment is all they way down at May 21st, after the swap had taken place. But I always kind of assume that anybody who's found their way to RMG and loves gardening most likely isn't an axe murderer, so I hope to be able to meet you at this year's Spring Swap! (You'll also find all the info about last year's spring swap on this thread if you have any other questions.)

Happy spring,
    Skybird

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi all!

Lol at the axe murderer comments. I think that started last year because my husband was out of town when I hosted the spring swap last year and he was concerned about all of the people coming to our home that I didn't know. Now I know at least half of the people from the spring swap and the fall swap at Skybird's house and look forward to seeing everyone:)

Here's who has rsvp'd and who I have email addresses for (it's growing!):

Azura
    Irisgirl
    Highalttransplant
    Jclepine
    Yago
    Loveseeds
    aliceg8
    Pacu
    Twhgardener
    Billie_ladybug
    Autodidact
    Skybird
    conace55
    Bloomingamaryllis
    Hoppithaven
    Foxes_garden

Gjmancini--I don't have your email address

EVERYONE is welcome here on the boards!! How the swap worked in the past is: everyone gets a number and we go through in order and everyone takes what they are really wanting and then whatever is leftover is up for grabs and usually there is tons left over!

Spring is in the air, although there is some chance of snow this week.

The little bluebird is making a nest in our birdhouse again this year :)

Charlene

16 years ago

Here are some of the things I could possibly bring to the swap. Does anybody want any of these?

These are some of the things that are starting to come up and are spreading more than I want or have room for, so Im going to start pulling out the shoots that are spreading pretty soon, and if anybody wants oneor moreI can pot some up. For anyone who hasnt figured this out yet, the plants I bring to the swaps are small! I pot things up in 4" or smaller pots (or cups)so I just want to be sure you understand these arent gonna be gallon size plants or something. I do put them into store bought soil, so they usually get a pretty good start.

Is there anybody left around here whod like some Hillside Pink Sheffields? Its in the mum familythe way shasta daisies are! So its not a "garden mum" but the leaves are very similar. In a couple years this one gets BIG! It blooms very late and will probably need to be covered when we get our first few freezes, but for as long as its blooming, its a magnet for butterflies.

Then I also have three colors of regular garden mums that are just getting too big. The first is a pretty lavender-pink pom. The color in the first picture is closer to correctthe closeup looks more pink than it really is, but it IS real pretty.

And I dont have a good picture of it, but I have another pom that I describe as a "muted red" (mum red that is!) This one blooms a little bit earlier than the others, and I didnt get a picture of it in its prime, but its the tall one just left of center in this picture. The darkest flowers are pretty close to how it really looks, but even theyre past their primethe lighter ones toward the front are pretty far gone!

And this one is my favorite of the ones I have. Its a lavender quill. I dont have a picture of the whole plant, but its a typical mum!

Then there are a couple things I dont have pictures of at all! Its the two ornamental oreganos I have. Theyre both Origanum laevigatum, and the first is Herrenhausen, about 24" tall with lavender-pink flowers, and the other one is Hopleys Purple, about 18" tall with "wispy" purple flowers like a "mist" above the plant. Both will start to spread after theyve been in a couple years, but they spread near the surface and can be pretty easily pulled out early in springwhich is what I plan to start doing!

And this is one I probably wont pull anything out unless somebody wants one, but I could get at least two small plants if somebody would like one. Its Campanula persicifolia, blue peachleaf campanula (blue as in perennial blue, which is really lavender!)

And I just remembered one more! Im getting rid of my Sedum spectabile (upright sedum) which has white flowers so I have room for one or more of the ones with pink flowers and/or dark foliage. I dont know for sure what variety it is, but its most likely Stardust since thats the white one Paulinos had when I worked there! Since Im digging up the whole plant with this one, I could easily divide it into from two to four plants, just depending on how many people are interested.

Well---I just remembered another one! Would anybody be interested in a start of 'Arboretum Giant' Ajuga? It's the largest leaf Ajuga, and develops a very narrow purple picotee on the leaves when in the right light. It can be planted in anything from full sun to full shade. It gets the regular Ajuga-type flowers, but they're at least twice as big and tall as the "normal size" varieties.

Also, if theres anybody whos interested in starts for groundcover sedums, let me know. I have at least six different varieties and I could easily bring starts for any of them, but since I had so many at the last two swaps, I wont bring more than a couple of each unless I know theres still demand for them.

So if youre interested in any of this stuff, now is the time to let me know before I start pulling things out and throwing them on the compost pile!

Speak now or forever hold your peace,
    Skybird

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Skybird. I would love some of the creeping oreganos for my front garden. I think I have some of your groundcover sedums in my temp bed.

As always I'm interested in any xeric stuff too.

Can I start replanting some of the stuff I got from the fall swap that I planted in a veggie raised bed temporarily? Or is too cold still?

• irisgirl
    16 years ago

Skybird,
    Yes PLEASE I would like to have one or two of your pink pom-pom mums. They would fill a "planned for" gap in the garden quite nicely.

thx,
    Irisgirl/Carol

16 years ago

I'll put you down on my list for at least 2 of the pink pom, but just to be sure you read it right, it's really more lavender-pink---closer to the top picture than the closeup. Is that ok?

And, Charlene, The two ornamental oreganos WILL spread quite a bit after a couple years, but they're not actually groundcovers if that's what you're looking for, and they're NOT short like the sedums---so did you check the heights above, and is that what you're looking for? If that's what you're thinking of, I'll pot up 3 of each for you.

It's snowing here! Bet you're gonna get dumped on again down there, Charlene!

Skybird

• aliceg8
    16 years ago

Mmmm...Skybird, I'd like some of the lavendar quill mum. I can't resist bicolored flowers. Thanks!

Alice

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi all,

Thought I'd bump this up......

And Skybird, I'd still love those oreganos. Now that my front gardens are ready to plant, I could just about anything to fill them in. Thanks!!

Hope everyone is well. I've been kind of sick off & on this season and right now am fighting off a bad case of bronchitis but finally saw the doctor and feel better today.

Happy Spring!
    Charlene

• highalttransplant
    16 years ago

Hi, Charlene! I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Somehow I seem to have escaped the latest round of "the crud" that circulated through my family.

As soon as the weather warms up enough for me to start planting out my wintersown sprouts, and I see what's left, I'll have a better idea of what I'll be bringing to the swap. The only thing I know for sure that's coming with me is Sedum 'Neon'. I'll have 3 large clumps of that.

I'll post a list as soon as I can.

Hope you feel better soon,
    Bonnie

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Bonnie. Knock on wood for you. I usually don't get sick except for maybe the sniffles but this one is a doozy.

I was wondering if I plant some seeds now if they'll be ready for the swap? I need to go back and read the winter sowing thread.

In a weak moment I bought a few veggie transplants (broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower) and they're sitting under my porch waiting patiently for some a bit warmer weather:)

Charlene

• highalttransplant
    16 years ago

Charlene, what were you planning on planting? Some perennials may require more of a cold period than we have left this season, but you certainly have time to do annuals, or herbs and veggies, and get them to a decent size by the plant swap.

Bonnie

• lindy_loo
    16 years ago

Popping in to say that I would love to come to the swap again this year. I am cutting way back on the plants I am growing this season so I will not have very much to bring. Some tomatoes and bell pepper starts, maybe some rhubarb (if they stop dying on me), and hopefully some goji berries.

The swap is the weekend before the last week of school for me so I know I will be itching to get some stuff growing outside.

Charlene, do you still have my e-mail or should I send it again?

~Leann

• bethie_2007
    16 years ago

Yes, please, I'd love to come. I'm afraid I don't know how to send a private email but please do include me and send directions to ebennettebennett@netscape.net.

I have daylilies, if anyone wants some, and yarrow and mint (no surprise...)

Thanks! Beth

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi all,

Lindy Loo-I sent you an email to the previous email address I had for you from last year. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

Beth-I also sent you a private email.

Here're the rsvps I have so far....

Azura
    Irisgirl
    Highalttransplant
    Jclepine
    Yago
    Loveseeds
    aliceg8
    Pacu
    Twhgardener
    Billie_ladybug
    Autodidact
    Skybird
    conace55
    Bloomingamaryllis
    Hoppithaven
    Foxes_garden
    Catladysgarden
    Bethie_2007
    Lindy Loo

Gjmancini - I don't have an email address for you?

Looking forward to it!!

Charlene

• gjmancini
    16 years ago

Charlene,

I just sent you my email address. Sorry, I have been engrossed with with work. I will be there for the swap

gloria m

• comary
    16 years ago

I have been meaning to stop by & post my plan to come to the spring swap.

Charlene- I have sent you an email & look forward to all the details!

Skybird - if you have any more ornamental oregano that hasn't been spoken for, I would love some. I bought some in the fall a few years ago & it didn't make it...spring is a better time.

Have there been any other 'wish lists' posted (I did see the one regarding raspberries.)

Mary

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all,

April has been a whirlwind of a month for me; I apologize for not being a very big presence on this thread. Please know I am very much looking forward to the swap!

Those of you who I've received pm's from, I responded to directly and added you to the Spring Swap email file.....so if you didn't get a reply from me to your personal email address and I have your name listed below then I don't have the correct email address below. This is who I have so far....

aliceg8
    autodidact
    azura
    bethie_2007
    billie_ladybug
    bloomingamaryllis
    catladysgarden
    comary
    conace55
    foxes_garden
    gjmancini
    highalttransplant
    hoppithaven
    irisgirl
    jclepine
    jmbinsteamboat
    Lindy Loo
    loveseeds
    pacu
    sarah_colorado
    skybird
    twhgardener
    yago
    yoda_chan

Bonnie, I'm so glad to see that you started a thread for plant wishlists. I've attached the link for others below.

Look for an email from me around the first week of May with all the info to my house, etc.

Hope everyone's been enjoying the nice weather (minus a few days in between). Yesterday's the first day I've been able to get out in the garden (and even though it was later that I wanted to get them in, I planted sugar snap peas, snow peas, sweet peas, onions, potatoes, asparagus and an apple tree I got for my birthday:)

Charlene

• billie_ladybug
    15 years ago

Hey Charlene, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Billie

15 years ago

Hi all,

I just want to post here quickly to let you all know that I will, for sure, be at the swap. Believe it or not, Im still off workfour months later!

Charlene, did Yoda contact you directly? I see you have her name on the listI had been watching for a post here. Six of the Anemones I just listed on the Wishlist thread are for her. Hadnt noticed her name on your list before!

And I have just posted a list of what Im bringing on the Wishlist thread, so everyone be sure to check it out and let me know if theres anything you want earmarked.

Have you heard anything from Amy/Amester lately? She commented on the Whos Here thread (April 3) that she was planning to come, but I havent seen her around here on the swap thread.

Happy belated birthday,
    Skybird

P.S. Im sure glad you decided to alphabetize your list! It makes it a whole lot easier to compare it to mine to be sure I have everybody listed.

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for the birthday wishes :) It was a big one as I turned the big "Four Oh" last weekend. I'm not usually one to claim birthdays and make a big deal but I did this one and we had a big bash with live music. Some family & friends even flew in from out of state. I wanted to celebrate because I do NOT feel over the hill! I love being forty and feel better about life than I ever have :)

Skybird, I did contact Yoda directly. Isn't it cool how the names are in alphabetical order?! The email program I switched over to allows me to do that and I started a GardenWeb Swap file with everyone's info to be able to send mass emails. I'm not very computer literate so it was a big deal to me :)

Haven't heard from Amester/Amy. Has anyone heard from Cnetter in a while? I've not been very active on the boards so maybe she's been around?

Can't wait!

Charlene

• billie_ladybug
    15 years ago

Have not seen either one of them in any postings. Hope they are still around though.

Billie

• yoda_chan
    15 years ago

Hi everyone Ive been enjoying reading the threads and am thrilled at the opportunity for a plant swap! Charlene and Skybird, thanks for including me. I was hoping to attend and, due to some ongoing health challenges with high variation in energy levels (and a recent big dip), wont know if I can make it until the last minute. In the meantime, if I am able to pot / dig things up and make it down there, I look forward to bringing these offerings. Ive also listed some things I am fantasizing about :-).

Hoping to bring:

- bearded iris lavender (does anyone want any?)
    - sweet woodruff / candy tuft
    - brunnera (Nancy Ill have some for you)
    - Zauchneria (it is probably garrettii Orange Carpet approx 8-12 inches high, spreading habit Skybird, Ill put your name on some)

- rudbekia triloba (Bonnie these or the coreopsis might fit what you want?)
    - coreopsis lanceolata (double sunburst 36" x 24")
    - knautia macedonica (color: burgundy wine)
    - California poppy seedlings

- Geranium indoor plant, red: cuttings

I'll also bring

- A dogwood tree, rootbound, seeking a home; white-flowering

Looking for:

- Anemone sylvestris (spring blooming, wide-petaled; Skybird, thanks for putting my name on soooo many!!)
    - hymenoxys (thrifty leaf perky sue)
    - penstemons (rocky mountain)
    - Snow-in summer
    - Hostas
    - Dwarf iris deep purples or other dark colors
    - Veronicas, thymes and other ground covers for flagstone;
    - Aubrieta / rock cress (dark purples and fuscia)
    - evening primrose speciosa (the happily spreading pink kind - Skybird, how do you get images in your postings? mine don't seem to paste in)

• billie_ladybug
    15 years ago

If no one else wants him, I would be able to give that poor dogwood a home. The hoppers killed my flowering pears last year. I need to replace them. Good news though, the crabapple has new leaves :-0

Billie

• amester
    15 years ago

Hey all - I'm not going to make it after all, I mentioned we had guests coming in and that's going to have to take precedence. Not to mention that I have almost 80 perennials, shrubs and roses coming in via mail order over the next couple of weeks - kind of have my work cut out for me with that little shopping spree! :)

If anyone wants sunset hyssop (agastache rupestris) or valerian (centranthus ruber) I have piles of both. They can come by and dig or if someone wants to volunteer shuttle services to the swap that's ok too.

Sorry I'll miss it but I'll be at the fall one for sure. Have fun!!

• nancy_in_co
    15 years ago

Hi Amester,

I would love some agastache rupestris and valerian. Where do you live since you aren't coming to the swap? I am in Colorado Springs.

Thanks, Nancy

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I just sent out a mass email to everyone with info and directions to the Spring Swap!!

GINNY....I was not able to send it to you successfully? I just got an email saying the email I sent out was undeliverable. I tried it again just copying and pasting from the private email you sent to me so I wouldn't spell it wrong and it still came back to me.

FYI...I won't have access to email starting tomorrow through the 13th so if someone responds on this thread that they did not get the email or is just now rsvp'ing, it'd be great if the regulars on this board help them out :)

I'm sorry you won't make it Amester :( Anybody heard from Cnetter?

Can't wait!!!

Charlene

• singcharlene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just posted this on the Spring Swap wishlist but thought I'd put it here too...

Wow- You guys are crazy!!!! In a good way :)

Can't wait til Saturday. With all we've had going on... garden is a mess and I'm a bit embarrassed to have a bunch gardeners come over to see my nongarden (but I'm secretly hoping some of you may have suggestions for some of the empty beds).

There were 28 rsvps and some or most will probably bring someone so I will make a salad and have lunchware for at least 50 people (I'm using holiday & birthday leftovers so you might be eating on some Halloween,Thanksgiving or birthday napkins!).

I do have several kinds of mint that anyone's welcome to take a cutting from.

I noticed that Skybird recommended that everyone label their plants. This is a big plus and can be done with paper, popsicle sticks, writing in marker on the container, etc.

Also, I just found out that my next door neighbor is having a little party at the exact same time of the swap at 1pm. So you may want to pull your car all the way up into our drive and unload your stuff then move your car to the street. We are on a few acres and have a very long drive that can fit quite a few cars and so some can park there, but if you have to leave early then you may want to park on the street so you aren't blocked in.

Please let me know if anyone has questions, thoughts, or comments.

See you Saturday!!

Charlene

• berrytea4me
    15 years ago

I am so sorry that I will miss this. I was trying to get childcare set up through respite care but just could not get through their intake process fast enough (they messed up and forgot to send me papers for several weeks then can't get my intake appointment for another 2 wks..blah, blah). It will be another month before I can use them so still I only have qualified sitters during my work hours.

I hope you all have a wonderful time. Maybe I can meet you all at the Fall Swap this year....something to look forward to :)