SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a_nosch

Bhut Jolokia South Florida

A.Nosch
10 years ago

Hey everyone, first post here and i was wondering about the ideal growing time and growing conditions for the bhut jolokia, particularly in the south Florida area. I know the time is usualy just before the spring/summer months, but it has not really dipped below 75 degrees during the day time very often in the past year or so, and I imagine if it does i could always bring the plant inside and keep it under a light until warmer weather prevails right? i've also seen mixed responses when it comes to the amount of water to use, from what i gather, just enough to dampen the soil and not flood the plant. Another question i have is about the germination of the seeds, i saw people talking about putting them in damp paper towels and under lights, couldn't you just let them germinate on their own after planting? last question is regarding how to grow the actual fruit, a friend of mine that grows jalapeno's over in the UK was telling me that if i wanted to get pepper pods i need to use pollen and put it on the plants stamen, is that 100% if it is does the ghost pepper plant release any pollen? and if not, pollen should be easy to find right?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County