SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
habs1_gw

Annie's Salsa Mix

habs1
17 years ago

this is suppose to be the best. it is here on Garden Web. there are lots of threads on it.

do a search and you will find more threads. Annie answers lots of questions about this recipe. I recommend you read more before making this recipe. I have not yet tried this recipe. but I hope to make it soon.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/harvest/msg082200459418.html

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/harvest/msg0708344723145.html

here is one I copied to give you some ideas. this was posted just 2 days ago.

Posted by readinglady z8 OR (My Page) on Wed, Aug 9, 06 at 20:39

Annie's at Canning Camp right now, but here's her recipe with her comments. Note her comment there are two amounts of vinegar, depending upon whether you water bath or pressure can.

"Sure I do, here's mine. Please note that it is pressure canned, because I cut the acid ingredients down by half. The original directions were to use 2/3 cup of vinegar and waterbath, but I wanted less of the acidic flavor and so cut the vinegar in half and process according to the Blue Book instructions for non-acidic vegetables. If you want to waterbath it, add that extra vinegar. If you want it mild, use the smaller amount of jalapenos.

ANNIEÂS SALSA

8 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained

2 1/2 cups chopped onion

1 1/2 cups chopped green pepper

3 Â 5 chopped jalapenos

6 cloves minced garlic

2 tsp cumin

2 tsp pepper

1/8 cup canning salt

¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro

1/3 cup sugar

1 cup vinegar (for BWB or 1/3 cup vinegar for PC)

16 oz. tomato sauce

16 oz tomato paste

Mix all ingredients, bring to a boil, boil 10 minutes. Pour into hot jars, process at 10 lbs of pressure for 30 minutes for pints. Or BWB 15 minutes.

Makes 6 pints

Good luck and happy canning. I get a lot of compliments on this recipe, and one of the local attorneys actually paid me $10 a pint for the last jar a couple of years ago (He NEEDED it for a Super Bowl party). Fine by me, I wish I had made more!! Annie"

Posted by Carol

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County