SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spiroan

Winter Storage Question

spiroan
10 years ago

Hi all,

I hate to think about it already, but my mind jumped to winter storage this morning. I haven't been watering my plumerias at all during the winter storage, and most do absolutely fine. However, I have one plant that doesn't seem to like it. Fortunately, it has lived the past couple of years, but both years, it shriveled up almost to the point where you could touch two sides of the stalk together. And then, of course, it takes by far the longest of all my plants to wake up in the spring. So, my question is: Do any of you water your plumeria plants during winter storage? And if so, how much? Would spraying the tips of this plant every now and again be more appropriate?

Oh, in addition, I think I may have a couple of seed pods developing on one of my inflows. If they continue to develop, these will be my first ones. So, I'm super excited. But thanks to the kindness of a couple of the members here, I have plenty of seedlings. So, if the pods continue to develop, I'll be sending out seeds next year. I'll try to post some pics once the pods get big enough to really photograph.

Comments (23)