SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spectre_gw

I'd Love To Recommend a Bougainvillea, but . . .

spectre
20 years ago

Hello All:

I want to throw this out there because, as I've said in other threads, I love this forum because we have a healthy mix of design, history, how-to, restoration and humor (or for Tony, humour) discussion that's sure to blow up as more people find out about our little hideaway.

Many of you post issues that involve redesign that invariably involve asking for planting advice. I read Jo's "Narrow" post with a overwhelming sense of helplessness less to help because any of the plants I can recommend will not last there and I'm not familiar with plants that grow there. I have a Sunset National Garden Book, but I don't just want to regurgitate things about areas or plants I don't know.

My question is this . . . how can we translate plants effectively so, at least in my example, I can post informative advice? I've seen where even the most knowledgeable people have posted plant listings for areas that they have no clue about, and the end result is laughable at best and a disservice at worst.

I want Garden Restoration to become the goto spot for the best landscape design, historical, and humorous discussions on GardenWeb. Any ideas?

spectre

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions