SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
georgew79

how many of you are growing rare pepper species?

georgew79
14 years ago

Hi All, I was just wondering how many of you are growing rare wild capsicum species, like C. eximium, C. cardenasii, C. torvarii, C. lanceolatum, and C. parvifolium just to name a few, This year I'm growing C. cardenasii and one that I think is C. eximium although it doesn't look quite right for a C. eximium. At any point i may lose both of them do to some type of wilt. I also have one that hasn't set any pods yet, but is blooming away I think it is just to hot for it. It may be some type of rocoto, but the blooms and leaves don't look right for a rocoto, but I will know what it is as soon as it develops a pod or two. Chris, I noticed that you are C. parvifolium do you know much about this rare species? If you get a chance please email me. While I'm thinking about it dose anyone have a few extra seeds of C. tovarii? I have been wanting to grow it for some time. Well I hope every one is having a great season, between the rain, bugs, heat, and general bad weather my garden is taking a hard hit.

So far my Habs are holding their own.

George W.

Comments (21)

Sponsored