SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ranjana_gw

Heeelp, mold in raspberry cuttings in propagation chamber!

ranjana
17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I need immediate help!

I was trying to propagate blueberry and raspberry cuttings in a clear large storage conainer since 2-3 weeks back.Till yesterday I was ecstatic with the results. This was the first time for me, you see.I had covered with a clear plastic keeping it in my garage under light shade. I misted it 4-6 times a day. New clusters of tiny leaves had appeared on almost all the cuttings and they were doing fabulously. I kept them covered even during the night with the plastic.

Alas, today morning I lifted the plastic cover to mist the plants and what I saw horrified me. Almost all raspberries are turning black. One was totally black, so I threw it out. Rest are turning black either from the top, some from the bottom and some from both the ends. Half of the new leaves are black. All the old mature leaves have turned black and most had already fallen down on the soil.Middles of most stems and half of the new leaf growth on raspberries is still a healthy green.

Is there still a way to save these struggling raspberries?Surprisingly, Blueberries continue to thrive as before as if they are not aware of what is happening to their raSPBERRY PALS just inches away!!

I am also worried about my blueberries.... Will they also catch the mold in coming days??

From now on I am planning to leave the plants uncovered at night to reduce the humidity.What else can I do? I want to resort to commercial fungicides only as a last measure.

Comments (8)