SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ab2008

Pepper ID & Pod/Plant Update 07/07/13

ab2008
10 years ago

Some quick pictures of general plant progress. Its been a little bit of a cool summer so far, some plants also got hit by a late frost, so instead of growing taller, a few of them have bushed out more. With that said though, I do think they are coming along nice, and am thankful that the majority are at least setting pods.

Above: Two of my 7-pot plants

Above: Aji Brazilian Starfish is starting to really pick up the pace, I nearly lost these two plants to frost, they were initially just a stump with some leaves on top a little while back.. it's been exciting to watch.

Above: Red Savina Habanero

Two Numex Orange, they put on some very large pods, and while green still have a good taste, but want to let them ripen.

Black Pearl plant. I have 4 plants, 3 are dark like this and the 4th has green leaves. I'm assuming it may have crossed with something before.

Black pearl with green leaves.

This is one I need ID'd, I'm thinking it's one of the ghost peppers of mine, as a few of these plants all look very much the same. Some of the seeds I received were open pollinated, but they are some pretty gnarly looking pods regardless.

Above: Oddball looking pod on one of my scorpion plants.

Red Savina Habaneros. Pretty big peppers.

This is one of the ones I'm unsure about. I have a lot of different Habanero varieties, and this was one that I forgot to label and I'm pretty unsure of what it is, if it is a habanero.

7 pod

7-pods

We've got about 4-6 inches of rain over the last few days, and the garden has been needing to be weeded extremely bad, maybe the weather will break for a while to dry it up so I can get out and get it straightened out. I have a few bags of leaves to mulch my second pepper bed, but the weather has been kind of unforgiving!

But that's it for the most part.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!