SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toms_garden

Progating Japanese Maple from cutting?

toms_garden
17 years ago

Ok, I have a misting system set-up. Here is a link to one of the pictures I took this morning.

http://images1.snapfish.com/347387572%7Ffp33%3A%3Enu%3D3286%3E973%3E244%3EWSNRCG%3D3233848438583nu0mrj

I hope this link works. But anyway, Which one of the Japanese Malpes can be progagated by cuttings and what medium do I use? I have two Weeping Crimson Queen Japanese Maples, 1 Bloodgood, and one that turns to a golden color in the fall. But I forgot what it is called. Can these be propagated from cuttings? If so how & when is the best way and time to take the cuttings.

Also I have a Weeping Cherry that was given to me. I would like to propagate it too. I know that the Weeeping cherry is a grafted tree. So if I can propagate it from cuttings? Then what will I get? Does any1 here know how,when, where, and what medium is best to use for that too. And what other plants would be best for me to propagate? Sorry for all the different questions But I was told that the only dumb question,is the question u never asked. So I ask all I can and try to learn from everyones advice.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals