SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
growingsouth

Mac Photo Editing Software Question

GrowingSouth
18 years ago

I moved to Southern Louisiana on March 15th from Missouri and since then I've been maintaining a photo Blog of all my gardening adventures. I always post photos with each blog entry.

About a month ago I migrated from a PC to a Mac and have fallen deeply in love. However, as a new Mac user, I'm still finding it difficult to find a few Mac equivalents to my PC counterparts.

I have two very strict requirements for all garden photos I post on my blog:

First, all photos must be resized to 640X480. Second, all photos must be compressed to 40% JPG's.

Not finding any more suitable place than tyhe Professional's corner here on GW, I am hoping a fellow Mac user will kindly direct me to a tried and true (and simple) photo editor that will easily let me resize and compress my digital photos for blogging.

And before you say anything, I've over a decade of experience as a PC user, with two computer programming degrees and I am very familiar with Google (it's my homepage in fact). However, when typing in "photo editor" in Google I get dozens of high-priced commercial proggies, like Photoshop, or applications that don't do at all what I need.

Tank you for your suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Growing South Blog

Comments (9)

Sponsored