SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debinca1

Clients talking to me slow me down.

debinca1
15 years ago

Help!

I need some good tips to help with a particular client. she comes out about every half hour to 'check in', ask questions that derail my train of thought and generally slow me down.

I work by the hour and this is an installation,so perhaps I shouldn't complain too much. But it is starting to really get on my nerves. I can hardly schedule correctly cause what should take me 3 hours is taking 4.5 with all the interruptions and pulling me away to look at things and hear stories of her past ( she is late 70's and from our church , so I cant really afford offending her, but I just want to work in peace)

" Are you actually under the deck, what are you doing under there?" ( well installing the drip to the plantars I just did for you, remember we just talked about that?)

"So what do you think of this blouse with this jacket? My niece gave it to me.....................ya da ya da" ( well let me get up off my knees from doing drip AGAIN and see )

" maybe when you are done with this area, I'd like to do this other area too, what should I put there?" ( HMMM "I do better concentrating on one job before starting another............let me just finish here then I will look" HINT HINT)

sometimes I just want to bean her!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida