SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Evacuating the Plumies from Hurricane Irene...

Hello Everyone,

I have been talking about placing some of my newly rooted cuttings into the greenhouse to help them survive the winds associated with the upcoming Hurricane "Irene"

Here are some pics of the process of getting them ready!

But, i have second thoughts about placing them into the greenhouse because the temps are still so warm here. I do have controlled vents and fans in the greenhouse, but with the sustained winds of 80 mph with gusts up to 120, i have decided that the vents would be destroyed and the temps would be way to high inside this time of year. so....they are all coming inside the house. This includes the "great wall of Plumeria" They are being cut down from the railing and coming inside too! I cant risk the chance of breaking the limbs and losing the inflos that i have patiently waited for for over two years...so, i have to make room..LOL As you can guess...its a great topic here at my house!!! LOL.... you can imagine the eye rolling that i am getting!!! But what to do? I have too! These are my babies!!!

Take care everyone...

also u will see a pic of two blooms...one is a Lani and the other is a Celadine...

Stay safe everyone...

Laura in VB

newest pic of Lani...

{{gwi:1191423}}

{{gwi:1191425}}

{{gwi:1191429}}

{{gwi:1191431}}

{{gwi:1191433}}

{{gwi:1191435}}

{{gwi:1191439}}

{{gwi:1191441}}

{{gwi:1191443}}